UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #5: 11/17/22 - 7:00PM at St. Joseph's

Eli

I honestly would welcome using any funds left over to terminate Killings and keep our football coach.  Say what you want about our Football record...but we play in one of the best leagues in the land and we are absolutely competitive, even if we are frustrated by the losing.

Conversely, in a year and a half I have not seen any sense of an offensive strategy or in game adjustment in basketball.  Too many of us played the game to see understand and see these things. It's literally an AAU team out there.

I feel horrible for Trey Hutcheson.  He deserves better. 

3 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

I see no coaching. 

As I have said many times before watching Killings coach is like seeing a deer in the headlights ... the deer is getting hit ... sad that we did selected someone to be our coach with no head coaching experience at any level

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UA1882 said:

Two technical fouls says it all. These kids are undisciplined punks. Embarrassed to be a UA Alumni.  

It is an AAU team.  Literally, when I came up in the AAU world in the mid-80's...this is they type of $iena you saw.

This isn't mean saying "we should have Brown back" however, anyone who remembers the early days of building a nascent DI program and compares them to the construction of this current group will see the glaring differences...with more resources now.  

It's so embarrassing. 

I need to apologize to all those that saw the Skidmore match and were worried.  Mea culpa.

This group is basically a DIII squad. And don't @ me with "Neely is missing".  Neely isn't saving us vs. Siena...and he isn't make this game to be one within 10 points.  St. Joe's is a very so-so A-10 team.  This is just piss poor as were the St. Rose, Immaculata, Siena, and Union performances. 

We have played 3 good halves out of 13 played so far this season.  That is 23.08% of halves being decent.  That's bottom feeder stuff.

• Like 1

DK is a way better "public face" of the program (current lawsuit excepted) but Brown was a way better X's and O's coach.

Brown put together game plans and offenses that kept the team competetive against teams with way more talent, but if you saw him in public you'd be lucky if grunted at you.

DK will come up you, shake your hand, and make you feel special. He connects with the community and is great in public. On the court he has the team standing around and isolating and looking disjointed on offense.

I really think the talent is there on this team, they just don't have a game plan. I'd love to see what WB could do with this roster. This is only DK's second year as a head coach, but at this moment he seems better as an assistant. If he survives this current situation maybe he will grow. It took WB a few years to get his feet under him.

15 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

DK is a way better "public face" of the program (current lawsuit excepted) but Brown was a way better X's and O's coach.

Brown put together game plans and offenses that kept the team competetive against teams with way more talent, but if you saw him in public you'd be lucky if grunted at you.

DK will come up you, shake your hand, and make you feel special. He connects with the community and is great in public. On the court he has the team standing around and isolating and looking disjointed on offense.

I really think the talent is there on this team, they just don't have a game plan. I'd love to see what WB could do with this roster. This is only DK's second year as a head coach, but at this moment he seems better as an assistant. If he survives this current situation maybe he will grow. It took WB a few years to get his feet under him.

Brown had a history of poor recruiting, high turnover and awful offense....hire a new AD and let him go to work. 

1 minute ago, Clickclack said:

Brown had a history of poor recruiting, high turnover and awful offense....hire a new AD and let him go to work. 

I wasn't advocating to bring WB back. Just stating he was better strategically. Offense may have been deliberate and slow, but that's why he was called the grind.