UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lawsuit

2 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Do you really think; by abandoning ship these guys are exempt from career ending/changing penalties, if they had knowing covered up an assault on a student athlete. If Fiz's allegations are true {and like I said I do not think so}, ANYONE/ALL who knew about an "assault" and did not come forward will be black-balled or worse, by any institution of quality.

Was everyone in the locker room that day--players, coaches, water/towel persons, etc. involved in a giant conspiracy to protect/cover-up a delinquent coach, who with malicious & forethought assaulted a student athlete to"fire him up." Even DT had/has detractors to debunk his conspiracy theories. You think DK is more powerful/convincing than trum$.; not a single person in that locker room has come forward to say the incident was more than an accident in a warm-up circle?????????

Ummmm....yeah....gonna leave this out there and let it be.    You are not thinking this out, fully. 

1 hour ago, statefan said:

I would say it differently.  I'd say that Luke's father is looking for the pound of flesh he thought he was going to get before President Rodriguez was persuaded otherwise.  And, I am not convinced that the legal retainer is a pure contingency; my guess is that it is a hybrid, with counsel assured of a certain floor no matter the financial result.  BUT, these are guesses on my part and I have absolutely no inside information.

Check your messages. 

For all you legal types out there: My experience is that if you want to make a claim such as workplace discrimination, you’d better have more than your own story…you need paperwork, you need corroboration from other employees, etc. Would a top NYC law firm that specializes in Title IX and campus defense and litigation take a case like this on the say so of the complainant only? Or would they reach out to possible witnesses? I sincerely doubt they would take the case unless there was some fire behind the smoke. 

I also 100% agree that the 5 game suspension schedule choices was total BS. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Disagree whole heartedly. 1. Do not believe DK the type to maliciously push a player into a locker and assault. 2. Do not believe Benson stupid enough to cover the incident up {Benson always covers his a$$, would be unlike him to go out on a limb for anyone IMHO} 3. Do not believe assistant coaches and or players who witnessed a coach "maliciously assault" a student athlete would not come forward [if true you are implying a conspiracy of large proportions.]

You are welcome to your opinion, but I will stick by the assumption of innocent until proven guilty and await the resolution of the depositions. 

ps how long to you think the "fleeing" assistant coaches will still be working anywhere if they lied or covered-up an "assault" on a student {it would be career ending}. Again, I'm trusting in the courts and the honesty of most people to come forth, be a whistleblower if you will. And so far I have not seen a single knowing person come forward to support Fiz's claims

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I tend to fall in line with D96' line of thinking. And on #2 specifically, Benson is one of the stupidest and least effective AD's in the country who should have been fired long ago regardless of how this whole thing shakes out. 

As for DK, if any of this is even remotely true, fire his ass immediately after the depositions. I look forward to finding out the truth as to what actually happened if this proceeds and don't care who gets fired as a result if it comes to that. The "right thing to do" by the alleged victim and the good reputation of the University should take precedent over financial considerations, skin color or anything else. Just do the right thing here! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

What a mess. In a sense he’s going after all of his teammates as well. His former coach and trainer as to drive HOURS away to tell him to let his parents know. 

I’d say fire killings, but this would mean he sees his payout. I hope he gets nothing and is continues to be blacklisted.

7 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

What a mess. In a sense he’s going after all of his teammates as well. His former coach and trainer as to drive HOURS away to tell him to let his parents know. 

I’d say fire killings, but this would mean he sees his payout. I hope he gets nothing and is continues to be blacklisted.

Speculation, of course, but if there is evidence that these allegations are true and let's say there is evidence that Killings hid the facts from his superiors, this would arguably allow a for cause termination...meaning no payout.  

Genuine question- where do you feel he goes after his teammates?

Edited by Dane96

7 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Was hoping for no payout for either party. Wasn’t even thinking about what he’d be owed if fired.

9 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

What if this happened...? I will say it again...I'm interested in the truth not making sure the athletic program is OK. 

Edited by Clickclack

8 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Genuine question- where do you feel he goes after his teammates?

3 and 4 of the nature of action. Claimed all his teammates saw it and didn’t report anything. The locker room culture was a reason he didn’t say anything. Would be like him not wanting to be seen as ‘soft’ around his teammates.

13 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

What if this happened...? I will say it again...I'm interested in the truth not making sure the athletic program is OK. 

All good with just canceling the season. Idc if the athletic program is ok or not either lol. Fire killings benson, let all the players and coaches look for new schools. It’s the way the player stayed quiet and played all year and then something turned. 

36 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

3 and 4 of the nature of action. Claimed all his teammates saw it and didn’t report anything. The locker room culture was a reason he didn’t say anything. Would be like him not wanting to be seen as ‘soft’ around his teammates.

Ummmm, that's a) Lawyer speak...not the kid so to say; and b) if it is true...what's the issue?

That's actually the underlying nature of his case: that Killings foster an atmosphere that led to coaches and players were afraid to speak out. 

The filing goes on to say that based on the investigation, there was enough there to get rid of Killings on the zero tolerance policy.

So, you can extrapolate the following:

1) Benson did not have all the information because players and staff were afraid for their jobs and scholarships, respectively.  Therefore Benson's decision to terminate Killings was based on the mere fact of the existence of the zero tolerance policy. Why he reversed that decision is a different story, if in fact he did make that decision to terminate; or

2) Benson did have that information and still kept the coach.

Let's be clear...it is my opinion that it is more likely to be #1 than #2.  I think Benson did his job...and how the decision to reverse that termination is a good question.  My guess is he was overruled. 

So, not sure why it's seen as selling out your teammates if indeed the event occurred and they were present.  

I am going to offer this up:

Luke just went all in.  He will never, ever play another game of collegiate basketball after this suit...unless it is some small school somewhere.  Luke was not a terrible player, in fact, he was probably the most talented "walk-on" (prior to Marcus Jackson this year) I've ever seen play.  By no means was he a D1 regular rotation guy at this point...and he may never well have been.  But there is zero doubt that kid can play D2 or D3.  By going public like this, he likely never will.

That's why this all gives me great pause...he has to have some set of balls to blatantly make this all up...or he has some basis to support his case...basis that is clearly backed up by evidence. 

Edited by Dane96