UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lawsuit

I'm going to attempt to make no further comments in this thread, at least until after depositions and some factual information comes out. At the moment, everything is hearsay and speculation. 

No matter what happens: I can only hope that the University does the right thing. If it means firing DK for wrong doing and settling with the player, or fights hard for DK because it's an overblown accident that happened when getting hyped up for a game.

In today's world you can't touch a player, but I'll go on record saying that I don't believe that should be the case. While they are students, they are adults and shouldn't be coddled and given trophies for putting their shoes on the right feet. If someone needs a kick in the ass to get them going give it to them. Unfortunately, that isn't right in today's world and we have to judge all situations based on the times they happened in. 

I hope this is all overblown, the school and DK gets through it, and we keep improving and have a winning season followed by raising a few new banners with DK at the helm. If there was wrong doing, then I hope we rip off the band-aid quickly, get a new coach, and move on. Just please please please do not let that new coach be assface from Hartford. He grew the neighborhood, but not sure I could stand his antics on the court. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do the right thing. Fire Benson. Fire his staff who don't stand up to him. Fire Gattuso. Fire DK. Apologize to players and fans.

JUST START OVER. This entire program is in SHAMBLES and other than like what, one sport (Field Hockey?), is a shell of it's hayday in the late 2000's or early 2010's.

This is so painful to witness.

Edited by Eli

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

How does Fiz and his lawyers know that the school decided to fire DK...was Fiz appraised of this?

Even if Fitz, his family and lawyers were not informed of the outcome (however there appears that they were told of the likely outcome, until the decision was made to keep Killings); just based on historical information out there one could reasonably be led to believe the University action would be a firing or resignation.

31 minutes ago, Eli said:

Do the right thing. Fire Benson. Fire his staff who don't stand up to him. Fire Gattuso. Fire DK. Apologize to players and fans.

JUST START OVER. This entire program is in SHAMBLES and other than like what, one sport (Field Hockey?), is a shell of it's hayday in the late 2000's or early 2010's.

No one is going to roll over and quit and/or be fired until this ligation is finished.

4 hours ago, dslyank said:

Do you really think; by abandoning ship these guys are exempt from career ending/changing penalties, if they had knowing covered up an assault on a student athlete. If Fiz's allegations are true {and like I said I do not think so}, ANYONE/ALL who knew about an "assault" and did not come forward will be black-balled or worse, by any institution of quality.

Was everyone in the locker room that day--players, coaches, water/towel persons, etc. involved in a giant conspiracy to protect/cover-up a delinquent coach, who with malicious & forethought assaulted a student athlete to"fire him up." Even DT had/has detractors to debunk his conspiracy theories. You think DK is more powerful/convincing than trum$.; not a single person in that locker room has come forward to say the incident was more than an accident in a warm-up circle?????????

I think it’s better to get out than stay.  Now they can say “I told the University what I knew, they took an action I wasn’t comfortable with and I left”.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eli said:

Track and Field is still strong.

6 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Precisely why i think the University settles prior to depositions.  You pay your insurance deductible and you move on from there. The interesting thing will be to see the nature of the claim against Benson and killings specifically. Will they be covered under the universities professional liability insurance is the key.  If they are, it makes sense to simply just settle immediately on a sum that is somewhat reasonable. At worst the University’s insurance premium goes up in the next cycle. It’s exactly what I would advise the University to do if I was their general counsel.  

let’s be honest with ourselves. Luke is not looking for justice. He’s looking for a pay out.

He could be looking for a payout and justice.

6 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I tend to fall in line with D96' line of thinking. And on #2 specifically, Benson is one of the stupidest and least effective AD's in the country who should have been fired long ago regardless of how this whole thing shakes out. 

As for DK, if any of this is even remotely true, fire his ass immediately after the depositions. I look forward to finding out the truth as to what actually happened if this proceeds and don't care who gets fired as a result if it comes to that. The "right thing to do" by the alleged victim and the good reputation of the University should take precedent over financial considerations, skin color or anything else. Just do the right thing here! 

YES. A couple million reasons to FIRE Benson. And I’ve said more than once; if depositions support the claims absolutely fire DK and ALL. Agree Benson least effective AD ever; but find it a stretch that he is stupid enough to think he could manage a coverup. 
I’d fire Benson for jaywalking across SEFCU/Broadview parking lot. My post was just trying to point out many on this blog & in the press are trying to hang the whole UA out to dry; without ANY significant proof of wrong doing.

Some are saying the coaching exodus is 1 proof & 2 exempts them from repercussions. Everyone welcome to their opinions but IMHO those who say this are 100% wrong on both 1 & 2. No proof whatsoever that anyone left because of Fiz issue; and if the shi// hits the fan & Fiz accusations of assault & coverup are proven, those who departed “in silence” careers, could absolutely be in jeopardy. 

34 minutes ago, dslyank said:

YES. A couple million reasons to FIRE Benson. And I’ve said more than once; if depositions support the claims absolutely fire DK and ALL. Agree Benson least effective AD ever; but find it a stretch that he is stupid enough to think he could manage a coverup. 
I’d fire Benson for jaywalking across SEFCU/Broadview parking lot. My post was just trying to point out many on this blog & in the press are trying to hang the whole UA out to dry; without ANY significant proof of wrong doing.

Some are saying the coaching exodus is 1 proof & 2 exempts them from repercussions. Everyone welcome to their opinions but IMHO those who say this are 100% wrong on both 1 & 2. No proof whatsoever that anyone left because of Fiz issue; and if the shi// hits the fan & Fiz accusations of assault & coverup are proven, those who departed “in silence” careers, could absolutely be in jeopardy. 

Don’t recall anyone saying it’s “proof” of anything w the coaches leaving.  I’ll say it’s smoke though but not fire.  And didn’t say it “exempts” them but it might be better to exit than stay IF it’s true, IF. Again IF true I’m not sure how staying would be better than leaving and disassociating yourself from the program.

6 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Speculation, of course, but if there is evidence that these allegations are true and let's say there is evidence that Killings hid the facts from his superiors, this would arguably allow a for cause termination...meaning no payout.  

Genuine question- where do you feel he goes after his teammates?

Didn't Killings already admit that he had inappropriate physical contact with the player and didn't report it right away?  From the article:

“I realize that the physical contact I had with the student-athlete during the pre-game hype circle was inappropriate, and not communicating it to the UAlbany administration was a mistake.”

I'm pretty sure I said it then and I will said it again, he should've been fired and not suspended and still feel that way. Honestly, what's happened to the football program and this situation coming out last spring are why I've mostly been absent from this site and from supporting these programs.  I'm pretty much done. I have no interesting in support this AD and these two coaches. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

Honestly, what's happened to the football program and this situation coming out last spring are why I've mostly been absent from this site and from supporting these programs.  I'm pretty much done. I have no interesting in support this AD and these two coaches. 

I'm joining this mentality. I'm mostly here to compile stats to prove that Gattuso is a blithering idiot who doesn't know his ass from his elbow and can't coach winning football. 

Edited by Eli

15 hours ago, McFan said:

I think it’s better to get out than stay.  Now they can say “I told the University what I knew, they took an action I wasn’t comfortable with and I left”.

I never said they should have stayed. I have no idea why they left, other than assistants move around all the time as they try to move up the later.

And IF they honestly reported the incident, of course they are not in any trouble. However, IF they did coverup the incident, like some on this blog are saying/indicating [and I did not point a finger at you or anyone else], moving will not protect them. If their current employer or subsequent ones find out they were silent or dishonest, while a student athlete was assaulted, I doubt they will be in that job very long.

I am absolutely NOT saying any of those who left are guilty of anything. AND I do not begrudge them for leaving UA for whatever reason. But I am simply disagreeing with those who say the wholesale departure of assistant coaches is indicative of DK's guilt. 

I have said several times on this blog IF DK guilty & Benson covered it up FIRE ALL INVOLVED. I have also said, I do not believe Fiz"s allegations. Like everyone else I believe I am entitled to my opinion. Not saying  those who disagree are wrong, but I have  only pointed out a number of reason {which I will not list again here} why I think Fiz's story/claims do not hold water for me.

• Sad 1