UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX - Game 13 Apr 26 (Wed) 3:00 PM Albany, N.Y. Bob Ford Field at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium

5 hours ago, Laxdawg20 said:

No one says anything here when they play well just when the don’t it’s very odd

Yes, UAlbany played well, actually played their hearts out; however, emotional disappointment.  The referees seemed to know the importance of the game to Penn for an at-large bid in the NCAA Tournament and the referees were in no way going allow UAlbany to win this one. 

3 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Definitely the best effort game of the season. Would have one another game or two if we could have played with that kind of energy from start to finish.

I am hoping for the same urgency this weekend against Binghamton.

• Like 1

They played well for the first 20 minutes but after going up 8-3 with 8:27 left in the second they only scored 3 goals the rest of the game, and one was a pole goal. I don't understand the strategy of running a majority of the offense through 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string midfielders. Get the ball in the sticks of your best players, and create ways to get them good looks. Salit is the clear number one on offense, and you have great shooters in Hogg, Pucci and Richmond. Salit has shown every game that he can win a one on one matchup from x and teams aren't sliding to him, let him work more. Maybe try a big little to get him matched up on a short stick and if a quick slide comes get the ball to one of shooters on the outside. Wheres the two man game been? I think we saw the first two man goal the previous game against Merrimack. Let Hogg work off ball, Richmond has thrown some great passes he doesn't have to just be a finisher.

The defense often gets themselves in trouble when they get overly aggressive with their slides, the communication isn't always there. They have the talent to play with anyone. 

There is a lot of talent on this team at every position, and they are very capable of winning the AE tournament. You don't want to still be figuring things out 13 games into the season but you never what could happen. 

13 hours ago, PrisonMike said:

They played well for the first 20 minutes but after going up 8-3 with 8:27 left in the second they only scored 3 goals the rest of the game, and one was a pole goal. I don't understand the strategy of running a majority of the offense through 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string midfielders. Get the ball in the sticks of your best players, and create ways to get them good looks. Salit is the clear number one on offense, and you have great shooters in Hogg, Pucci and Richmond. Salit has shown every game that he can win a one on one matchup from x and teams aren't sliding to him, let him work more. Maybe try a big little to get him matched up on a short stick and if a quick slide comes get the ball to one of shooters on the outside. Wheres the two man game been? I think we saw the first two man goal the previous game against Merrimack. Let Hogg work off ball, Richmond has thrown some great passes he doesn't have to just be a finisher.

The defense often gets themselves in trouble when they get overly aggressive with their slides, the communication isn't always there. They have the talent to play with anyone. 

There is a lot of talent on this team at every position, and they are very capable of winning the AE tournament. You don't want to still be figuring things out 13 games into the season but you never what could happen. 

During the last 3 - 4 minutes of the first half there were 4 BS calls by the refs. - turn overs  They got the ball and scored each time - By the way THERE WERE 7 players who did not play... including Hoag and Pucci on Off and Runkle at Close LSD. Pucci may not be back for Saturday but Hoag likely will.  Who says they are 2, 3 4th string??  With all the injuries those young guys have played a lot in the last several games.  They brought enegry and played well.   In the second Penn had far fewer unforced turnovers and played better.  The game was tied most fo the 2nd half        and penn didn't score either - untilthe last 3 minutes. Again a couple of BAD calls gave them the ball - Engers got called for a hold when the Penn FOGO was ON TOP OF HIM.  They were given the ball three times on the end line when their player dove and ended up 7-10 yeards from the endline and our kid was running.  The rule is that the player closer to the endline when the ball goes out gets possession NOT the plyer who dives and lands on the ground and tries to make himself look like he really wanted the ball..

I talked to Scott at length today after their practice while waiting for the the last spring FB practice to start.  All of those issues were brought up.... He said they just have to play and NOT let their head get into the game.  Agree. I asked him outright about Jake and Gradon next year and he said they are both coming back.  He likes Salit at the X.  Loves how he is playing - Look for that next year is my guess.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Definitely the best effort game of the season. Would have one another game or two if we could have played with that kind of energy from start to finish.

I had so much to do yesterday late that I did not get on.  I agree they played well AND with 7 guys not dressed including Pucci and Hoag.  The young guys looked great.  Check out my response to PrisonMike.    Had a great conversation with Scott this afternoon.  Messege me if you want more.

One more thing the last goal showed a lack of class in my mind.  I have never seen a player take a shot when his team was ahead with  under 10 second left in the game and with an empty net!!!  Their top goal scorer trying to pad his stats.  Not just my thought.....................................

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

During the last 3 - 4 minutes of the first half there were 4 BS calls by the refs. - turn overs  They got the ball and scored each time - By the way THERE WERE 7 players who did not play... including Hoag and Pucci on Off and Runkle at Close LSD. Pucci may not be back for Saturday but Hoag likely will.  Who says they are 2, 3 4th string??  With all the injuries those young guys have played a lot in the last several games.  They brought enegry and played well.   In the second Penn had far fewer unforced turnovers and played better.  The game was tied most fo the 2nd half        and penn didn't score either - untilthe last 3 minutes. Again a couple of BAD calls gave them the ball - Engers got called for a hold when the Penn FOGO was ON TOP OF HIM.  They were given the ball three times on the end line when their player dove and ended up 7-10 yeards from the endline and our kid was running.  The rule is that the player closer to the endline when the ball goes out gets possession NOT the plyer who dives and lands on the ground and tries to make himself look like he really wanted the ball..

I talked to Scott at length today after their practice while waiting for the the last spring FB practice to start.  All of those issues were brought up.... He said they just have to play and NOT let their head get into the game.  Agree. I asked him outright about Jake and Gradon next year and he said they are both coming back.  He likes Salit at the X.  Loves how he is playing - Look for that next year is my guess.

I have to disagree with the out of bounds observation. The ball goes to the team of the player closest to the ball when it goes out of bounds not the player closest to the end line. Mike Tesoriero, the color commentator, made a point of that after one of the calls. I wasn’t aware of that myself and looked up the rule and indeed that’s the case. 

I heard Teseorierio say that also and I guess by what you looked up it must be true. But curious numerous time you see a man standing near the end line, say on the left of the goal; a player shoots from left wide right. Any # of players are closer to the ball than man on the left end line, but he gets the ball. In fact many times the goalkeeper will follow errant shot to the right and is miles closer than the guy hanging back left. Guy on left always gets the call???

7 hours ago, jimbo said:

I have to disagree with the out of bounds observation. The ball goes to the team of the player closest to the ball when it goes out of bounds not the player closest to the end line. Mike Tesoriero, the color commentator, made a point of that after one of the calls. I wasn’t aware of that myself and looked up the rule and indeed that’s the case. 

I know exactly what the rule says as well butu I can tell you that Scott disagreed with your call.  They were both running side by side and our kid was closer on all of them.  When their kid dove he was behind ours...  In eaither case ours was closer when the ball went out - three times.  I have not seen the film frame by frame or slow- mo.  I assume coaches have.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

I know exactly what the rule says as well butu I can tell you that Scott disagreed with your call.  They were both running side by side and our kid was closer on all of them.  When their kid dove he was behind ours...  In eaither case ours was closer when the ball went out - three times.  I have not seen the film frame by frame or slow- mo.  I assume coaches have.

Well that would be a different story then. I didn’t go back and look at them.