UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX - Game 14 Conference Game 7 Apr 29 (Sat) 1:00 PM Vestal, NY Bearcats Sports Complex

The final game before the America East Tournament.

Apr 29 (Sat) 1:00 PM
AE
at 
Vestal, N.Y.

Showers. High near 53. Southeast wind 15 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Edited by cwdickens
update

Today's weather forecast from the NWS specific, for the Binghamton University Bearcats Sports Complex: 

Today

A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 51. Southeast wind 9 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Edited by cwdickens

Lost 14-15. Scored 3 goals in the last 4 minutes [2 in last 2minutes]; and had a couple of shots to tie in last 20 seconds. Deserved to lose--played with little or no urgency. Only when they got down by 3 or 4 goals on several occasions, did they show some live in making a come back to tie; but could never take the lead. IMHO played like third or fourth seed mattered little??? Pucci and Hogg did not play--SAVING THEM for what? If able to play, they should have played--does UA think, they can step into the tournament and be in GAME SHAPE? MAY BE the fact that they did not play today means they are just done for the season???? Does anyone know???

ps Gash on crutches & boot at ½ time?

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Pucci and Hogg did not play--SAVING THEM for what? If able to play, they should have played--does UA think, they can step into the tournament and be in GAME SHAPE? MAY BE the fact that they did not play today means they are just done for the season???? Does anyone know???

Hogg didn't play against Penn, Pucci hasn't played since Yale. I don't think they're "resting" them.

Gash limped off after scoring his early goal, didn't play after that.

Marr did say before Merrimack game both could be ready to play in that game but  would probably give Pucci another week. Then actually neither played, so I just figured he was saving them BOTH for bingo. So were they NOT really ready for Merrimack or did one or both have a set back or only threatening to use them to throw off opponents or whatever.???  Or is Marr just trying to give us fans “false hopes?”

Gash with a walking boot and crutches was not good to see. Hopefully hes alright and its just precautionary. There have been quite a few injuries this season. I saw Fingar on the box score but I thought he was out for the season? 

There was no quit in this team today, they played hard until the final whistle. Eleven assists was a season high, and an overall solid offensive performance should build confidence heading into the tournament. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PrisonMike said:

Gash with a walking boot and crutches was not good to see. Hopefully hes alright and its just precautionary. There have been quite a few injuries this season. I saw Fingar on the box score but I thought he was out for the season? 

There was no quit in this team today, they played hard until the final whistle. Eleven assists was a season high, and an overall solid offensive performance should build confidence heading into the tournament. 

Definitely some good pieces on offense. Have to give the coaches kudos for moving Salit to attack. Hopefully Hogg will be OK to play in the tournament because if he does play the 4th attack out of the box he can cause the defense to rotate. It was a solid effort start to finish, but when that is what we have to hang our hat on after a loss to Bingo that should be unacceptable for our program. Somehow have to get this program back to the Dane Train days. I see some bright spots with some of the younger offensive players, but we just can't seem to recruit or develop the two way middie's who really made that offense hum with great outlet passing.

I am not sure how Sam Stratton got in the dog house. IMO he should be playing, and played well last year as a starter for most if not all of the year. The poles are playing OK but the breakdowns yesterday were once again the short stick defenders

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

when that is what we have to hang our hat on after a loss to Bingo that should be unacceptable

Agree Agree. In my post above, I made the comment UA at times played with little or no urgency. Seems to me (and what the heck do I know) UA has played most games including yesterday hoping to be just respectable . The TRAINS wanted to dominate.  
Not to disrespect bingo, but UA based on the quality of their OOC schedule and how they mostly held their own against top tier teams, bingo should have been chasing UA all game & not the other way around.

Much like the Bryant game UA fought back like a trapped animal yesterday. In pretty much every OOC game, UA either battled back from an early deficit and/or battled even until running out of gas  Kudos to UA for their heart & fight; but like I’ve said before moral victories are still just loses  

Sorry about the rant, just missing the glory days and the ride on the Dane Train, I guess  

Edited by dslyank

On 4/29/2023 at 3:39 PM, dslyank said:

Lost 14-15. Scored 3 goals in the last 4 minutes [2 in last 2minutes]; and had a couple of shots to tie in last 20 seconds. Deserved to lose--played with little or no urgency. Only when they got down by 3 or 4 goals on several occasions, did they show some live in making a come back to tie; but could never take the lead. IMHO played like third or fourth seed mattered little??? Pucci and Hogg did not play--SAVING THEM for what? If able to play, they should have played--does UA think, they can step into the tournament and be in GAME SHAPE? MAY BE the fact that they did not play today means they are just done for the season???? Does anyone know???

As I mentioned previously I spoke at length with Scott on Thursday - Not  'saving them' - they need medical releases.  He did say that Runkle would be back.  I did not watch the first half my ESPN+ feed was screwed up. On chat with ESPN+ for most of that time.  Got it going finally for the second half.  I thought the young guys played well.  Scott did say that for some reason it is a mental issue when traveling and they are working to get past it.   Looks like Gash may be finished. 

Edited by HOF2013

On 4/30/2023 at 8:41 AM, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Definitely some good pieces on offense. Have to give the coaches kudos for moving Salit to attack. Hopefully Hogg will be OK to play in the tournament because if he does play the 4th attack out of the box he can cause the defense to rotate. It was a solid effort start to finish, but when that is what we have to hang our hat on after a loss to Bingo that should be unacceptable for our program. Somehow have to get this program back to the Dane Train days. I see some bright spots with some of the younger offensive players, but we just can't seem to recruit or develop the two way middie's who really made that offense hum with great outlet passing.

I am not sure how Sam Stratton got in the dog house. IMO he should be playing, and played well last year as a starter for most if not all of the year. The poles are playing OK but the breakdowns yesterday were once again the short stick defenders

Scott said that Salit may have settled into X for next year.  I do not remember Stratton playing as a "starter for most if not all of last year" , he did play but......  A LOT of guys who played a lot last year have not played this year - Whitcome is an example - FAR too many bad pass turnovers - constantly.   Not sure I agree completely on short stick D only - but in general you are correct.  They continue to play the zone and just give too much room to the attack, even when they go to man they are just not close and constantly checking as we see the Ivy, ACC or Big Ten kids do.  A real DEFENSIVE coach is needed  There is at least one LSD who played a lot last year and this year and is just slow on the slide and any lateral movement;  also a freshman LSD who gets beat a LOT for the same reason; both when they are  down low.  Just sayin'.

By the way, directly from Scott - Hoag AND Piseno are both coming back next year.  Also going to redshirt a couple of freshman who are really good but were behind a couple of Seniors and Grad students this year

Edited by HOF2013