UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Women’s Rowing- UAlbany’s Official 19th sport

Dane96

23 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

You are correct. I just looked. At one point there were 10.  7 now. 

I got my list from the MAAC website showing the 2022-23 season so looks like 11 teams right now, up from 9.   They added LIU and Iona last year.  

7 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

I got my list from the MAAC website showing the 2022-23 season so looks like 11 teams right now, up from 9.   They added LIU and Iona last year.  

Ok...that's what I thought too.  LOL.  That's exactly what I found as well.   The new number of 7 came from the NCAA.  I will go with my original.

Overall, I think Albany prefers it's out of conference affiliation with the CAA.  So if there is a slot, I would presume we take it.  

4 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Ok...that's what I thought too.  LOL.  That's exactly what I found as well.   The new number of 7 came from the NCAA.  I will go with my original.

Overall, I think Albany prefers it's out of conference affiliation with the CAA.  So if there is a slot, I would presume we take it.  

I saw only the top 7 qualified for the MAAC Championships.  Those ships were at Saratoga Springs this past Spring.  Just wonder how the two FL schools and Drake get their boats to the Northeast.  Those 8's are looong boats, they fit on a plane or a bus???  Lol. 

20 hours ago, B9j2j6s said:

If not, could they cooperate with the Albany Rowing Center at the Corning Preserve Boat Launch (185 Water Street)?  They'd have to coordinate meet and practice times anyway. I remember a big regatta on the Hudson during Albany's Tricentennial (1986)

I'm sure they could coordinate with ARC.  I just would like them to use the old boat house because it's there and it has enough space to house boats.  We also have history of rowing there as a D3 team.  Also I am still bitter about SA destroying the club teams and hope the equipment could be used to start the new team.  

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Head of the Hudson going back 20 years has been mostly a masters and hs race.  Most colleges skip it, not sure why fun course.  I rowed it my sophmore year 2003.  I think that was the last time the UA club team was in the event.  The head of the Mohawk has more college participation.  The big two fall/head races that the UA club team has historically been in are the Head of the Fish and the Head of the Charles (typically one boat entry).  

• 2 months later...