UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2 hours ago, Eli said:

Marching band looks MUCH better than previous years...looks like it's doubled in size.

Yes, it's up to around 60, don't think it was ever much above 40, usually much less

Agree tackling didn't look sharp, but they only scored twice, so it couldn't be too bad. Seven more sacks, this Defense is looking more impressive all the time.

No turnovers vs. five for 'Nova (three in the 4th quarter) made the biggest difference.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 6:36 PM, Eli said:

Agree. Credit where credit is due. That was as dominant a performance as I remember seeing in the Gattuso era. Congrats to the team on a convincing thrashing of a ranked CAA team.

.... and this all started by Mark Benson keeping his word and extending Greg Gattuso contract, which in turn has led to a group of student-athletes committing to the UAlbany.  I give credit to Benson for his patience with Gattuso. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

.... and this all started by Mark Benson keeping his word and extending Greg Gattuso contract, which in turn has led to a group of student-athletes committing to the UAlbany.  I give credit to Benson for his patience with Gattuso. 

Not sure I agree. Gattuso just happened to hit on some of the kids he's recruited. Lets be honest - he deserves some credit for THIS team but we have nearly a decade of evidence of him being absolutely putrid otherwise. One good year will not erase the disaster that has been Greg Gattuso. 3-4 years of winning consistently? Then we can talk about 'corners turned'. End of the day, he still has a 41.6% winning percentage. That's not good.

EDIT: If GG does good this year, watch Benson extend him again lol.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Eli said:

Not sure I agree. Gattuso just happened to hit on some of the kids he's recruited. Lets be honest - he deserves some credit for THIS team but we have nearly a decade of evidence of him being absolutely putrid otherwise. One good year will not erase the disaster that has been Greg Gattuso. 3-4 years of winning consistently? Then we can talk about 'corners turned'. End of the day, he still has a 41.6% winning percentage. That's not good.

EDIT: If GG does good this year, watch Benson extend him again lol.

Yes, his overall percentage is not good, however, Gattuso took us to the tournament in 2019.

I am not sure what you mean by "he deserves some credit" then you say in effect that he deserves all the blame when things go wrong.

As it has stated frequently in other threads, in the age of the transfer portal, having consistency is getting harder.

59 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

I am not sure what you mean by "he deserves some credit" then you say in effect that he deserves all the blame when things go wrong.

Ultimately, that is his job description. He's the head coach. Whether it's players not executing, coaches not coaching, him not recruiting...at the end of the day he is the responsible party and the buck stops with him.

Again, credit where it's due so far this year but he needs to do this multiple years in a row for the bad taste he's left in the previous 9 years (this is year 10) to wash away.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eli said:

Ultimately, that is his job description. He's the head coach. Whether it's players not executing, coaches not coaching, him not recruiting...at the end of the day he is the responsible party and the buck stops with him.

Again, credit where it's due so far this year but he needs to do this multiple years in a row for the bad taste he's left in the previous 9 years (this is year 10) to wash away.

You are certainly entitled to your feelings and opinions on Gattuso.  For me, I enjoy seeing that the joy of playing football has returned to Casey Stadium.  As Tyler Pastula stated to me at the first MSOC match, "Our team is ready to play, this year's team will not repeat the past".

20 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

This doesn't include this past weekend.  I think Simon had 3 and Juncaj 2

My Bad. New stats are out, Juncaj is #1, Simon tied for #2. Team is ranked 2nd to Illinois State, but NCAA credits the team with only 22, but our team stats say we have 24 - NCAA doesn't list sacks by Greaney and McCorn

17 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Just seems that there are people who post that cannot live in the moment....they mention the overall record, forgetting all those accumulative things that occurred which contributed to the record...so be it.

Removing my comment because it's not really the right spot for this type of conversation.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1