UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #13: 12/2/23 - 12PM vs Richmond (FCS Playoffs Second Round)

27 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

From a camera shot once or twice during the game,  stadium side seating looked like a 1/3 full at best.

Disagree,  Stadium side  had a lot of folks. I guess students don't come unleee they get in free.  I know there were a LOT of Football Alumni at the game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOF2013 said:

Disagree,  Stadium side  had a lot of folks. I guess students don't come unleee they get in free.  I know there were a LOT of Football Alumni at the game

I thought the crowd was bigger than announced.   Heck, there were 400 in the south end zone alone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

Been watching the replay now for a qtr. Not sure where these announcers are from; but certainly sound like Richmond homies??

I just loaded it up. 

My complaint/observation is that the scoreboard audio is set waaaaay too high.  At times at the game it was deafening. 

Now on the reply it either drowns out the announcers when they are talking or sound like a third announcer in the booth when they aren't. 

5 hours ago, dslyank said:

Just got back from watching game live. Richmond plain sucks. No running game at all.. QB can’t throw. Offense consists of short less than 10 yd passes. Seemed to me they got more offense from UA penalties than they generated on their own. Watching replay now. 

ps GREAT GAME by UA. Score could easily have been +50 to 7. (Rich T at end of first ½ pure gift)

Richmond has been really good all season.  They run the ball well and play decent defense. They don't suck which makes this win so much more impressive. They cannot win games through the air and our D stopping the run was huge. And the pass rush forced them into the short passing game. I texted my friends that at some point a UA defender was going to jump one of the these short routes and take it to the house.  About 10 mins later we had a pick 6!!!

The defense played an amazing game today. So impressive to watch. 

4 hours ago, dslyank said:

Been watching the replay now for a qtr. Not sure where these announcers are from; but certainly sound like Richmond homies??
And not that I’m pining for Roger; but from being live at the game something definitely remiss in the “production values.”  Hardly got any replays at all. Instead of replays, just put up after each play a giant advertisement for “FCS CHAMPIONSHIP” with the outline of what I assume was a football player?? And the few replays they did show were from a camera behind the north end zone.  And the view was so far away it was like in miniature. 
Again not that I am pining for Roger & most definitely not Flosports; but I can absolutely say replays at the stadium today were few & far between and not produced & filmed well.  I’ve been at nearly every game played at Casey and assure you UA in house replays on the big screen have always been top notch. NOT so today?

I was going to come here and post about the announcers.  They were huge homers for Richmond. 

Also, I watch most games and the TV feed is literally the same feed that is on the big board at the stadium. Always thought that was odd but I guess it makes production easier. 

Edited by DanesRGood

13 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

Also, I watch most games and the TV feed is literally the same feed that is on the big board at the stadium. Always thought that was odd but I guess it makes production easier. 

True. But it was absolutely NOT the same feed yesterday. Was at game live and re-watched most of the FCS broadcast after.  It was absolutely NOT the same feed yesterday. On espn+ broadcast replay was most definitely from a different camera angle than usual; and replay feeds at game were few and far between. BETWEEN plays pretty much just showed [as I said before] a "poster" if you will of a FCS Championship AD with poor graphics.

Anyone at game if I am wrong please correct me!

Edited by dslyank

12 hours ago, Eli said:

I must be in the minority but the announcers raved about our length, big league talent, etc. Not sure what you guys are hearing.

Everytime they raved made it sound like an accusation.  More than once the announcers mentioned the defense had several players that should be playing at "bowl level."  I guess you could/should take this as a compliment. But for me at least it came across as, where the #3LL did Albany get these guys??

Plus IMHO they seemed totally shocked that UA was beating up on rich so badly. IMHO not even sure why/how rich got into the playoffs. NOT to take away anything from UA's defense; but watching live and replay rich lines both O& D were terrible, the QB had no arm strength, their was NO running  back at all [the qb was his own running back (maybe there was an injury??) Rich seemed to have some quality in the secondary, but IMHO that was it.  At least a 1/3rd of rich's total offense was on UA penalties. Their first score at the end of the ½ was on a blown chop block call [even the broadcast team both saw nothing illegal.]

Edited by dslyank

I don't know much about the business side of college football. How does the revenue from the FCS football playoffs work? In basketball there are tournament shares that get distributed. Did UA making it to the quarters/semis/final man anything for the school? I know the championship game is on ABC. 

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dslyank said:

Everytime they raved made it sound like an accusation.  More than once the announcers mentioned the defense had several players that should be playing at "bowl level."  I guess you could/should take this as a compliment. But for me at least it came across as, where the #3LL did Albany get these guys??

Plus IMHO they seemed totally shocked that UA was beating up on rich so badly. IMHO not even sure why/how rich got into the playoffs. NOT to take away anything from UA's defense; but watching live and replay rich lines both O& D were terrible, the QB had no arm strength, their was NO running  back at all [the qb was his own running back (maybe there was an injury??) Rich seemed to have some quality in the secondary, but IMHO that was it.  At least a 1/3rd of rich's total offense was on UA penalties. Their first score at the end of the ½ was on a blown chop block call [even the broadcast team both saw nothing illegal.]

That chop block call was terrible. He put his shoulder into the guy's stomach to try and fight off the block. And they shouldn't even have had the ball.  Our punt returner made a hugely boneheaded play. 

• Like 1