UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

CCSU @ Albany

Those guys have been on Gifford for three years now. I can't figure out why. It is rather annoying.

I bet those are the same clowns Ive had the misfortune of sitting near a few times. Last year, they were calling him "Big Bird" all game, not to mention some other unsavory words.

I said what i needed to, and moved to another section.

Idiots.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those guys have been on Gifford for three years now. I can't figure out why. It is rather annoying.

I bet those are the same clowns Ive had the misfortune of sitting near a few times. Last year, they were calling him "Big Bird" all game, not to mention some other unsavory words.

Idiots.

These guys should be put in their place at the next home game. There's no justification for their behavior, and I would alert the school officials before the game even begins.

I know that in the past NCAA regulations required the host school to make an announcement warning fans about bad behavior and possible consequences. I did not hear the announcement yesterday, but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.

Did anyone hear those two jokers in section 200 continually screaming "GIFFORD....GET IN THERE GIFFORD....COME ON GIFF" I don't know what to say but they drive me crazy. Even when Giff is nowhere near the ball or isn't even involved in the play. I did all I could to not tell them to shut the hell up today.

Yes! I heard those two guys because they were very close to me, and they drove me nuts with their patent animus towards Gifford (only Lord knows why). I kept looking to see if Gifford was doing something wrong, but he was doing nothing wrong at all to warrant those jokers' heckling. In fact, he was hustling his tail off like he always does and fighting for boards!

And here's the proof that these guys were, pardon my language, ass-clowns: At some points during the game when they made comments such as "c'mon Gifford, grab that board," etc. (I'm paraphrasing), Gifford WASN'T EVEN IN THE GAME, and they weren't even directing their comments at Gifford. Now that I think back about it, I'm not so sure those two clowns even knew who Gifford was!!

I'm glad you noted their presence, Boisy, and the fact that you were also annoyed by it, because I felt the same way, and I'll definitely say something to them or officials next game if they are there again (I hope not, since I will be sitting there all season). Moreover, one of the individuals had one of those small-sized whistles, and during at least one free-throw attempt by CCSU, he tried to use it (but failed in his attempt). I was under the impression that artificial noisemakers and whistles are forbidden at NCAA basketball games ... .

I don't care if those two want to scream and shout all game, but don't yell irrational comments and unjustified comments at our own players and yell and scream in a positive way to support the team and its efforts!

For what it's worth, they were seated in section 200, row F. If by some chance the individuals in those two seats are members of this forum, I would appreciate some insight as to what Gifford was doing wrong to justify the comments all game. Perhaps they saw something that the rest of us didn't see, and I would be wiser if they could share their views with me and other members of this forum. Of course, they are Dane fans, and we're all on the same side here, but I know that I would just appreciate a little more positivity in the comments that one shouts. After all, these are college-aged kids, and our players are doing far more things with their college years that I ever did, and I'm proud as heck about each of our players' efforts for our school.

Those two didn't even know who Jamar was....and yes they have been sitting behind me for 3 years now so unfortunately they are not going anywhere.

Idiots.

As many of us know from LAST YEAR when this went down...that is my section. Seeing that those thatvknow me understand I dont mince words....I will be saying something at the PENN game if they open their traps.

First, the kid doesnt deserve it.

Second, though he played a bit cruddy yesterday-- GIFFORD IS THE HARDEST WORKING...and IMHO of what I saw the other day and on TV...the most IMPROVED PLAYER I have seen in a while.

I've talked to them before about other stuff and they seem like they are generally nice guys....but their behavior towards Giff is both unwarranted and plain idiotic. As someone else pointed out at time he isn't even on the court and they'll yell GIFF GET IN THERE. They are also the ones who yell STTTAATTS GIRL every time the girl brings around the sheet of paper to the media. They started doing it last year and apparently neither one of these 'horn dogs' has gotten themselves a girlfriend as of yet. Last year for a few games they actually put two event staff at the entrance to the media section and every time the girl would come over those guys would just stare right at the two 'gentlemen'.

I don't know....I wish they would just stop with these two irritating chants. It's not funny.....! Otherwise I found them to be nice guys for the most part.

Speaking of Gifford, I had noticed until yesterday but he looks physically different than he has the past two years. He looks a little lighter and fitter (maybe it's the new uniforms.) Quiet day for him yesterday. When they went to him early in the game and he scored I thought he was going to have a big night against CCSU's small front line. It didn't work out that way but he seems like a different player this year.

At the purple and gold game Haggy and I were wondering whose team this was going to be this year. Last year it was very much Brian Lillis' team and it was not clear who would take the mantle this year. It's probably still not clear but we seem to have more of an idenity than I thought we would this early in the year.

I haven't seen this blog before but there are a couple of good pictures from last nights game. I especially like the bottom one.

Archived