Photo

NCAA quarterfinal Danes versus Maryland

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

One good way to start off the topic. Ierlan won 16 of 27 faceoffs versus Maryland in the first game this year.

UA Class of '93

599489_235629683226336_1094172808_n+(2).

#2 Dane96

Dane96

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:49 PM

Maryland is going to be well represented (campus is about an hour and half or so from UD).

It's going to be a war...and I am sure they will be well prepared.

If we get the same out of the goal and the faceoff, I think we win.  The UMD wings aren't as scary as UNC...and UMD's goalie stood on his head the last game to get the one goal win in Albany.

#3 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:54 PM

I agree with all of that. What also like about ierlan is the fact that with experience against Maryland's Faceoff guy and his skill and intelligence, I think he does even better. If there were any jitters for a first NCAA appearance, they're gone now

UA Class of '93

#4 olddog71

olddog71

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:57 PM

I like the fact that Bryant was able to score a bunch (10) against MD.

#5 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,644 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:08 PM

Delaware Stadium Tickets and Regs

Rematch: Terps at the Tub

277 miles from Casey Stadium

#6 dslyank

dslyank

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 876 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

Any chance UA has a fan bus or two?

#7 alum73

alum73

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:13 PM

I heard, after the game, no bus but there would be a tailgate event.

#8 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,644 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:15 PM

Ohio State 7, Loyola 4

Yeah, that's a final, including an empty-netter with 00:14 left

#9 jalidanefan

jalidanefan

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 556 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:22 PM

I'll pay gas, anyone have an open seat going down?

#10 MRSGDG

MRSGDG

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:34 PM

Gametime set for 2:30 Sunday on ESPN2.

Edited by MRSGDG, 14 May 2017 - 07:41 PM.

• Eli likes this

#11 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:46 PM

Anyone contemplating going that hasn't gone to a quarterfinal before.... I urge you to go... it's an electric event. We also need everyone we can get into the stadium.

UA Class of '93

#12 jalidanefan

jalidanefan

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 556 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

Dang, Yale looks way better than SU, and then, lol.  It really is, as much or more than Bball, a game of runs.

Edited by jalidanefan, 14 May 2017 - 08:03 PM.

#13 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,644 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:26 PM

Looks like they're only selling tickets for the west grandstand and end zones, that'd cut maximum attendance to around 14K, I'd guess.

A note if you've never been there; the stands are very steep, built before ADA requirements, so while there are great views, you may not want the upper rows if you've got bad knees or hips, or a fear of heights.

#14 bob87

bob87

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:34 PM

I'll pay gas, anyone have an open seat going down?

Hope you make it down there. I will
be there. Going somewhere saturday. Softball if it is close enough

Edited by bob87, 14 May 2017 - 08:34 PM.

#15 DanesRGood

DanesRGood

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:43 PM

I will be coaching my son's baseball game from around 2-5pm, including warmups and post game cleanup of I would be going.  I am shutting off my phone and setting my DVR.  Going to be hard not to check anything throughout or fastforward druing the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users