- - - - -

New Board Headline

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:41 PM

Isn't it a little too big? 

Might be. I don't know the recommend size.

GO DANES!!!

#32 Oldtimer

Oldtimer

Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:47 PM

I LIKE!

#33 DanesRGood

DanesRGood

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

It is definitely too big for my browser.  I use firefox with 125% zoom because my optimal screen resolution is very high which makes text almost too small to read. The new banner extends way too far and causes a left to right scroll when I'm reading posts and it's a bit annoying. 

Edited by DanesRGood, 11 February 2018 - 09:58 AM.

#34 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,907 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:37 AM

I like the design but size could be a bit smaller... Especially height top to bottom.

Edited by Clickclack, 12 February 2018 - 08:12 AM.

#35 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:46 AM

Yep, needs tweaking but need more info...

GO DANES!!!

#36 MRSGDG

MRSGDG

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:50 AM

Not going to complain since it's a free board, beggers can't be choosers.. and looks perfectly fine on my brower firefox at normal text and normal 100% zoom.

#37 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,907 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:54 PM

Not going to complain since it's a free board, beggers can't be choosers.. and looks perfectly fine on my brower firefox at normal text and normal 100% zoom.

It's not about complaining...

#38 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

Folks, I just want to reiterate some things.

I am VERY grateful that this forum exists and is free for all to use. DP deserves a round of applause for that. No one is 'complaining' about anything, just offering some suggestions for updates.

Benson has been growing our athletics program and as a result we got an updated look to the main UAlbany sports site some time ago...personally I'd like the same to happen to the fan community we all know and love. I don't think anyone (certainly not I) means any offense to DP by saying that or offering suggestions for an update or two. My background is in IT and I took more than my share of web/design classes while getting my B.S. in Informatics at UA...so I'm more than happy to assist with design, any possible technical issues that are lingering, maintenance, moderation...even costs (actually, I'm sure a few of us would be willing to help on that front).

HOWEVER...

I have zero intention of stepping on DP's toes. Whether DP uses my photoshop creations is ENTIRELY up to him. Again, it HIS site so it's HIS rules.

The reason why I bumped this thread: I just noticed that out of the blue he changed the banner to one I had created some time ago but I noticed it didn't look right so I decided to update it.

-------------------------------

That being said, I decided to do further updates to the banner and updated the FB picture and the SEFCU picture (to show off our new scoreboard). I also updated the Damien logo to be the purple 'official' alternate not the blue one that some spots on the internet use.

DP, if you want, feel free to use either of these:

bZ0q9rO.png

0qLTMNs.png

Edited by Eli, 11 February 2018 - 09:53 PM.

GO DANES!!!

#39 Dane Pound

Dane Pound

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:54 PM

I have zero intention of stepping on DP's toes. Whether DP uses my photoshop creations is ENTIRELY up to him. Again, it HIS site so it's HIS rules.

The reason why I bumped this thread: I just noticed that out of the blue he changed the banner to one I had created some time ago but I noticed it didn't look right so I decided to update it.

--

No offense taken at all. New banner is up! Thanks for creating it.

#40 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:27 PM

Thanks DP.

Still looks funny on my end...but maybe it's just my end. If it's not hard for you to determine/find...do you know what the recommend size of the banner should be?

GO DANES!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users