UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Let's Fix SEFCU!

Imagine you bring a recruit and show him something like that. Including some calls from UCONN game, Hooleys last second shot...

BTW, I've installed probably close to a million dollars worth of AV in my time as manager of IT at 3 different places. Audio and video is very expensive to do...an arena like ours with fairly basic AV system will probably be 150k+ maybe 200k if nothing could be reused

and my price was a little low. Looks like it is a 7 figure investment for the full 3D. Doesn't mean you couldn't forgo 3D and just use some cool projections.

I think this idea, while cool, is probably a little far fetched considering other more prominent needs :)

Here is a CNN report on the technology:

https://youtu.be/2AiMUum2_aY

Love the social media aspect...showing live twitter and instagram feeds on the court from people at the game. pretty neat. of course something like this is probably way out of our league $$ wise, but it goes back to making the game more of an event. people need to have an experience that is beyond just watching a game

Edited by madDOG

Imagine you bring a recruit and show him something like that. Including some calls from UCONN game, Hooleys last second shot...

BTW, I've installed probably close to a million dollars worth of AV in my time as manager of IT at 3 different places. Audio and video is very expensive to do...an arena like ours with fairly basic AV system will probably be 150k+ maybe 200k if nothing could be reused

Bill Nye, science guy, was just there last night. He probably could have set this up for us.

and my price was a little low. Looks like it is a 7 figure investment for the full 3D. Doesn't mean you couldn't forgo 3D and just use some cool projections.

I think this idea, while cool, is probably a little far fetched considering other more prominent needs :)

Make the check out to UA Foundation.

• Like 1

I spent some time today looking at small arena's around the country...for mid-major teams. Honestly? I REALLY like Stony Brook's new digs. If we could replicate that, but maybe with a hanging video board (again, TV's have been discussed), that'd be perfect. Nice full bowl, one 'tier' so to speak, fully purple and yellow (like SB's is pretty much all red) and we'll be ROCKIN. Make the capacity somewhere in the area of 5,250-5,500 and you have room for future growth.

Add in a nice atrium/entrance on the other side as well as shared concessions between BoFo and SEFCU and now you're REALLY rockin.

Screen-Shot-2014-11-15-at-1.12.25-PM.png

Edited by Ilko

What I hate about SBU-- those club/VIP box suites on the floor. I hate them at Pittsburgh, and I hate them at SBU. I would never want those because I think it takes away from the feel of the arena at floor level, and the amount of fans on-top of you.

• Like 2

I went to the game at SBU, for a mid major it is one of the nicest.

I've seen the court area, how are their concessions, bathroom, lobby?

Theres concessions all around. It has a stadium look and feel to it. the seating area above the suites there a bathrooms and concessions so you walk into your section and then walk up to your seats like any other arena. All chair backs have cup holders

The one thing I love about SEFCU is the fact that it can get real damn loud. With whatever renovations are done in the future, I hope that it can still trap in all the noise. If students ever decided to come out for games that place can probably be one of the hardest places to play for a road team. The baseline bleachers are literally on top of the court. I don't think there is anyplace else like that.

While I sort of like our dull gray fieldhouse (which is really what it is), I agree that improvements are needed. I would, however, want to keep the steep bleachers along the baselines. If there is anything that makes the place special (and there ain't much), "it are they."