UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Groundbreaking

jimbo

I'm STILL mad about Nano.

We have a running joke/game with my wife. Every time we drive by UA on 90/87 and see the Nano building, the first person to say, "You know, that building was stolen from UA" wins the game lol. Where is that Kaloimaloser guy? Err, I mean Kaloyeros.

13 minutes ago, Eli said:

I'm STILL mad about Nano.

We have a running joke/game with my wife. Every time we drive by UA on 90/87 and see the Nano building, the first person to say, "You know, that building was stolen from UA" wins the game lol. Where is that Kaloimaloser guy? Err, I mean Kaloyeros.

He is about to go on trial and then off to prison :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

Speaking of constructions...does anyone know what's involved with the recent award of a 35 million dollar project to...It was just awarded 3 weeks ago or so. 

KvVvToW.png

Nothing on the Facilities Management page after elevator renovations. The Master Plan projected $39.8M for renovating the PE building, but that was supposed to be after $21.2M for phase 1 of the Field House (all in 2012 dollars.) If they're proceeding without the FH they'll need to find overflow space when PE is under construction

• Like 1

Click where did you find this?  Update thanks Click.  100% speculation but renovating the PE building makes sense.  If you don't have the money for a field house but want to update SEFCU.  In the outdated link below it says gym will be renovated.  Figure SEFCU project would require the basketball teams to relocate for at least a season.  Also this would be easier to get past the state budget office because it includes a lot of student recreation space.

https://www.albany.edu/facilities/campusplanning/PEbuilding.html

This would be a bummer to lose the pool.  

Edited by B9j2j6s

19 minutes ago, B9j2j6s said:

That is one expensive rehab but sounds like a complete gut job multiple years.

Imagine when done they will take recruits of all kind through there. Just the next step and evolution of the athletic department. 

Wonder if there will be any training or rehab facilities in there etc.