UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Delay of game: Recession pushes back UAlbany stadium plans

Phoenix

http://albany.bizjournals.com/albany/stories/2009/09/28/story3.html

The mobile version has the full article..not much additional info..

$300k to Heery..idea is 10k stadium, expandable to 24.5k..McElroy says at least $20m is needed to make it feasible..expects that asking for smaller amounts, with renovations, in multiple years will encourage more donations..athletic donations are DOWN 12% from 2007 levels (so no, I don't think they have millions laying around)..goal is to raise at least $500k in private donations per year.

I think this means everyone who was saying they'd start shelling out $ when a plan came out..it's time to put your money where your mouth is.

Where is the plan? What will we get for that money? Can a brother get a rendering or something.....?

"UAlbany intends to annually implement at least $5 million of renovations to current facilities over the next three to five years."

I think this means everyone who was saying they'd start shelling out $ when a plan came out..it's time to put your money where your mouth is.

Where is the plan? What will we get for that money? Can a brother get a rendering or something.....?

"UAlbany intends to annually implement at least $5 million of renovations to current facilities over the next three to five years."

Is that all that is available? How is it different then UA plans to spend $60 million to build new facilities?

We will start shelling out (and I am among many donors who feel this way) when they stop blowing smoke up our asses.

I want to know two things: Realistic plans for a stadium...and what our scholarship plans are. Until then...I, like others...will be holding our cash.

The only issue I have with Dr. M is he forgot who he was playing with: This isnt CALI and this isnt TEXAS, both places he oversaw stadium issues. This is NYS, and politics is a mutha in this State. Additionally, the alumni approached are some of the brightest...and they(we) know a load of crap when they hear it.

MAKE THIS PUBLIC...do renderings...get it done. MONEY WILL COME!

Is that all that is available? How is it different then UA plans to spend $60 million to build new facilities?

I would have to see the finances...but it isnt. If they have 5mm per year...take a loan of 5mm per year...and you have your 30mm. This plan makes me angrier at our President than our AD.

BUNCH OF $iena.

I would have to see the finances...but it isnt. If they have 5mm per year...take a loan of 5mm per year...and you have your 30mm. This plan makes me angrier at our President than our AD.

BUNCH OF $iena.

Maybe I'm a half-wit and a dolt but they are going to spend $5mil a year for 3-5 years....(15-25mil) to renovate University Field? :angry2: I'm not sure what to think other then what sense does it make to sink $25mil into renovation unless you have ZERO plans to ever do anything else. Saying that they will spend $5mil a year is NOT a plan! I understand that this article does not constitute an official announcement but more or less a peak at what they are thinking so I'd have to hear more but right now it makes little sense to me unless the design of a brand new facility is completely and entirely off the table.

Man, we really need some kind of formal announcement! A 5 year plan...something!

with this news coming out, and the athletic department posting it on its UA10at2010 twitter page, I hope Dr M or someone from the university comes out and releases info about the situation.

maybe a little off topic...but i am glad to see a new scoreboard at University Field this year.

This completely sucks. I left work early to celebrate Arthur Guiness's 250th Anniversary (btw the Guiness 250 Stout is unbelievably good) and I come home to this. Totally ruined my night.

It was inevitable, but this is as official of annoucement as I'd expect to see. This was posted on the official UA Athletics 10th Anniversary twitter. That's official to me.

Time to move on and get some new bleachers on UField. The stadium concent is a thing of the past. 3 years to late.

Renovate UField. Now.

And bTW, I think the scoreboard was just painted purple. But then again, I couldn't see it from my seats on the hill. sleep.gif I only saw for a few minutes when I was out on the field in between the 1st and 2nd quarter.

My first reaction to the news was anger. To make matters worse, I was invited to an Auburn party last night. As I watch hundreds of Auburn fans enjoying the game and I see their great stadium, I have to wonder about the inequalities in football facilities at New York's state capital campus versus state universities across the country.

After the anger subsided, I'm glad someone came to this realization so that we can focus on what is achievable. We should be submitting a $5M request every budget year. Facilities should be in our top 3 requests every year. The big bang approach was always a tough sell. We should also be hassling Global Foundries for a contribution.

by the way Auburn crushed balls state.

Well then, we've waited 5+ years, hoping for funding for a stadium.

And for now, we are postponing the stadium.

I'd say, keep requesting funding for a multi-purpose stadium,

and keep requesting an additional 5 million per budget for 'athletic department' upgrading... which will be used ONLY for the university field facility. When we finally get a NEW stadium, then we have a quality sub stadium for other sports.

I, as a loyal athletic department supporter, would like to know where we stand in terms

of $ in our stadium fund.

I'd also like to know if we are GUARANTEED to have 5 million dollars

in university field upgrades done and IN PLACE before next September.

If so, I'd like to know exactly whatis going to be done this year.

I'd like to see a 3-5year university field upgrade plan NOW.

I think there's alot of loyal fans and supporters that deserve some sort of inclusion,

seeing that we've waited SO LONG and have nothing to show for it at the moment.

Archived