UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium opens in tomorrow (women's soccer vs. LIU)

Per the game story 

Unlike the original turf, yardage markers and numbers were not included with the updated surface. The department will utilize a painting system to install necessary markers before home contests to keep a "clean" look when switching between sports.

Edited by UAalum72

1 hour ago, UAalum72 said:

Stadium opens in tomorrow (women's soccer vs. LIU)

Per the game story 

Unlike the original turf, yardage markers and numbers were not included with the updated surface. The department will utilize a painting system to install necessary markers before home contests to keep a "clean" look when switching between sports.

So the field won't have permanent lines, just the yard lines? i love this.  Also, great job creation ;)

If there is a soccer game Friday night and football Saturday; do they "wash" off the soccer markings before Saturday??? And as important if football Saturday and soccer Sunday, how long does it take to re-mark the field?

And like you said how do/does the temporary makings hold up during the game stress of players running all over and weather???

Not sure I am sold on this?? Especially when lacrosse comes along with quite different makings then football and a lot of wear and tear. Not sure about soccer makings how they intersect coincide??

We all know why Stony Brook got the facilities they did. The damn guys name is on the football stadium.

We gotta admit though, despite the money/budget compared to others in the state, the athletic department has done a reasonable job in updating what it can.

By the way, maybe off topic, but what is John Fallon Field used for at this point except for a practice field?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, GreatDanes06 said:

We all know why Stony Brook got the facilities they did. The damn guys name is on the football stadium.

We gotta admit though, despite the money/budget compared to others in the state, the athletic department has done a reasonable job in updating what it can.

By the way, maybe off topic, but what is John Fallon Field used for at this point except for a practice field?

WLAX....

4 hours ago, dslyank said:

If there is a soccer game Friday night and football Saturday; do they "wash" off the soccer markings before Saturday??? And as important if football Saturday and soccer Sunday, how long does it take to re-mark the field?

And like you said how do/does the temporary makings hold up during the game stress of players running all over and weather???

Not sure I am sold on this?? Especially when lacrosse comes along with quite different makings then football and a lot of wear and tear. Not sure about soccer makings how they intersect coincide??

It's easy peasy...done on numerous pro fields, regularly. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

So the field won't have permanent lines, just the yard lines? i love this.  Also, great job creation ;)

They bought the computer line machine that I believe uses satellites to pinpoint location and can redo them at will - does take a couple of hours I think. Watched them doing it one day.  [not sure if I am saying this correctly or if this makes sense but it was what I was told]

• Like 2

Saw some twitter posts from the football account.  We look fast...was trying to figure out who was wearing #5 on a long TD run.  Didn't look like Burkett but he is #5, and we have no #5's listed as a RB. 

Frosh QB physically reminds me (throwing style and body style) of Peyton Manning as a frosh.  Obviously he is no Manning...but if this kid fills out, he will be good.  He needs 20lbs or he will be beat up at this level.  

On 8/18/2024 at 11:17 AM, Dane96 said:

Saw some twitter posts from the football account.  We look fast...was trying to figure out who was wearing #5 on a long TD run.  Didn't look like Burkett but he is #5, and we have no #5's listed as a RB. 

Frosh QB physically reminds me (throwing style and body style) of Peyton Manning as a frosh.  Obviously he is no Manning...but if this kid fills out, he will be good.  He needs 20lbs or he will be beat up at this level.  

That is Seven McGee WR the transfer from Oregon and Jackson State, Burkett was #4 in yellow

Seven is #7, Myles is #5, Trey is #3  in game jerseys

Edited by HOF2013
  • Thanks 1

Freshman QB is good - throws really well. Has to gain some weight but he is a good one.  Jared and Greg both love him.....

5 hours ago, ctdanes said:

Redshirt possible then?

Don't know about that - that could be the plan but they could play him if forced - I know he is getting more reps at practice.  # 4 QB will likely not play at all, Not in the mix.

Edited by HOF2013