UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Football Game 2 Saturday, September 7, 2024, 6:00 PM vs West Virginia Mountaineers Milan Puskar Stadium, Morgantown, WV ESPN+

Over-all we played surprisingly well after the first 1/4, two stands inside the 5 where we should have scored.  The kids competed.  Couple of bad calls on 4th and 1.......should have run the ball behind the FB - my opinion any way.   Our Defense just is not as good as last year.  Lost two starters after last week as well - Two freshman staring now and still not tackling well over-all.  I think we actually improved during the game though.   WV as a team are far more talented than any other team we'll face. Would have been a far different game if we had made those 4th down plays...... JoJo Ugaa is third string right now - may move up BUT they had a lot of substitutes in when he went in!  WV has a very tough defense too.     Should be better next week.  Myles is starting to loosen up and we have a lot of WR who can play.  Just need to catch  more balls that are in their hands.  Left tackle Ozzie didn't play.  Limped off practice Tuesday.

10 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Not happy with the calls there.  FB opned a huge hole and Griff could have walked in.

Going into the half that long scramble and the goal line were two gut punches. Went from and incredible to good showing. Two huge moments that really took the wind out of our sails. But there is a lot of positives to take away. None bigger then perhaps MB is gonna be ok. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2

I for one think this Burkett kid is for real. His first full game against LIU he was a little rusty but had some nice throws. After the first QTR against WVU a 9-3 team (2023) he looked really good. Forget the td pass which was great but he hit several nice throws. He’s going to be really good and if they run him some I think we will be just fine at QB. OL and Running game are pretty good and saw some flashes  against a big boy school. Idaho while is good is not WV good. Neither is Elon or Delaware. Our D needs to be better. They would be hard pressed to be as good as last years D. They will tighten things up but I don’t think they will be as good as 2023. It’s a whole new D. They can definitely improve from here. I actually think Idaho is the next toughest game we play. It’s winnable but should we lose we can get on a roll. This years schedule isn’t that difficult. Elon and Delaware are the next hurdles. 7 wins is not out of the question. 

WE WILL BE FINE IN CAA PLAY!

my 2 cents

Edited by MRuler 79

3 hours ago, MRuler 79 said:

I for one think this Burkett kid is for real. His first full game against LIU he was a little rusty but had some nice throws. After the first QTR against WVU a 9-3 team (2023) he looked really good. Forget the td pass which was great but he hit several nice throws. He’s going to be really good and if they run him some I think we will be just fine at QB. OL and Running game are pretty good and saw some flashes  against a big boy school. Idaho while is good is not WV good. Neither is Elon or Delaware. Our D needs to be better. They would be hard pressed to be as good as last years D. They will tighten things up but I don’t think they will be as good as 2023. It’s a whole new D. They can definitely improve from here. I actually think Idaho is the next toughest game we play. It’s winnable but should we lose we can get on a roll. This years schedule isn’t that difficult. Elon and Delaware are the next hurdles. 7 wins is not out of the question. 

WE WILL BE FINE IN CAA PLAY!

my 2 cents

Beg to differ on Idaho...I watched both games.  They are not as deep as WVU but they are most certainly better.  Way better I'd argue.  They completely rebuilt.  Going against them is they are down to their third QB (starter was injured vs Oregon and backup this last game).

They are really, really, really good.  WVU is mid, at best.  They are poor this year and that is not taking away from some really good stuff I saw out of them.  Idaho would beat WVU the way both teams played the first two weeks of the year.  Idaho is going to be our toughest test of the year. 

21 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Beg to differ on Idaho...I watched both games.  They are not as deep as WVU but they are most certainly better.  Way better I'd argue.  They completely rebuilt.  Going against them is they are down to their third QB (starter was injured vs Oregon and backup this last game).

They are really, really, really good.  WVU is mid, at best.  They are poor this year and that is not taking away from some really good stuff I saw out of them.  Idaho would beat WVU the way both teams played the first two weeks of the year.  Idaho is going to be our toughest test of the year. 

Don't think WV is as bad as you are indicating.   I did not see Idaho play but Wyoming is near the center of their league. Don't know what that means.  Idaho did not lose as many key players as we did to the portal and graduation so I guess we'll have to wait and see 

4 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Don't think WV is as bad as you are indicating.   I did not see Idaho play but Wyoming is near the center of their league. Don't know what that means.  Idaho did not lose as many key players as we did to the portal and graduation so I guess we'll have to wait and see 

WVU isn't bad...they are an FBS P4 team.  They aren't great and may win only 4-5 games.  Conversely, Idaho looks RIDICULOUS this year...maybe the best FCS team.  They played Oregon to the wire and they handled Wyoming. Both on the road.  That is impressive. And yes, we lost more on defense but Idaho lost a ton including two receivers, a running back, QB, and their safeties.  That's a ton...and a sign (just like we were) of a good FCS team last year. 

Edited by Dane96

On 9/9/2024 at 2:59 PM, Dane96 said:

WVU isn't bad...they are an FBS P4 team.  They aren't great and may win only 4-5 games.  Conversely, Idaho looks RIDICULOUS this year...maybe the best FCS team.  They played Oregon to the wire and they handled Wyoming. Both on the road.  That is impressive. And yes, we lost more on defense but Idaho lost a ton including two receivers, a running back, QB, and their safeties.  That's a ton...and a sign (just like we were) of a good FCS team last year. 

Didn't Oregon have 3 or 4 turnovers??  We lost our QB, two top recievers in the FSC and our TE and all but two on DEF. And one of those is out for the year and one of our top transfer def players is out for the year.  Could be tough - don't know until we play.