UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Bracketology

Hard to believe ESPN sometimes. UAlbany goes into VCU, plays valiantly all game, and loses by three, with the ball to end the game.

So, what does ESPN's Joe Lunardi do to the team right after the game? Drops them to a 16 seed in his bracketology, and raises Fairleigh sienafaninson to a 15. Now that's what I call reactionary...I guarantee you he saw none of the UAlbany game.

Anyways, it should be interesting to see what he does when UAlbany beats Vermont (hopefully), and Fairleigh sienafaninson gets smoked in their next game, at Wis-Green Bay.

the bracketology was done prior to the VCU game...he is doing it based on locations...Albany would have to play Villanova because they are in the Philly bracket. They like ot have teams play in closest location to their campus. That being, the only other Philly bracket is the UConn bracket, and he is saying that is a play in game. We are not that bad to be in the play-in game. Thus, the 16 spot vs Villanova is the best spot for us.

They are going to keep us in the Philly bracket so long as Villanova is up there. To me, it is safe to say, if Albany makes this tournament, then I would bet all my money that 95% we play the Wildcats.

that seeding however is based on georgraphic location.

one thing at a time. I want to see them win the conference regular season title, so first at least, we are guaranteed a postseason tournament, based on the new NIT rules.

Hard to believe ESPN sometimes.  UAlbany goes into VCU, plays valiantly all game, and loses by three, with the ball to end the game.

So, what does ESPN's Joe Lunardi do to the team right after the game?  Drops them to a 16 seed in his bracketology, and raises Fairleigh sienafaninson to a 15.  Now that's what I call reactionary...I guarantee you he saw none of the UAlbany game.

Anyways, it should be interesting to see what he does when UAlbany beats Vermont (hopefully), and Fairleigh sienafaninson gets smoked in their next game, at Wis-Green Bay.

11920[/snapback]

Hello all. I didn't know there was a message board for Great Dane fans (UAlbany, Class of '83). I am a big follower of Albany basketball even though I am on Long Island. Listen to all the games on the internet and watched the VCU game Friday night. By the way, the production by ESPNU was horrible compared to a ESPN or ESPN2 game. We played well in the second half even with all the turnovers and letting VCU shoot 62 % in second half. Jamar was amazing at times with some incredible moves but Lucious was absent again and Siggers was off his game. Could have been a big win but Jamar needed help.

A win over Vermont clinches number 1 seed. Would be nice to win out so we are on a roll going into tournament at Binghamton. 22 and 9 has a nice ring to it on selection Sunday and should ensure at least a 15 seed. Had we beat VCU, a 14 seed was possible. Will chat again.

I am also a huge fan. I live locally but never attended UAlbany, but started following the Danes last year. I got so wraped up in this team that I almost forgot my NY Knicks, although their record might have something to do with that. Anyway, someone on the ESPN board pointed me here and I'd like to thank them for doing so. Go Danes!!!

the bracketology was done prior to the VCU game...he is doing it based on locations...Albany would have to play Villanova because they are in the Philly bracket. They like ot have teams play in closest location to their campus. That being, the only other Philly bracket is the UConn bracket, and he is saying that is a play in game. We are not that bad to be in the play-in game. Thus, the 16 spot vs Villanova is the best spot for us.

They are going to keep us in the Philly bracket so long as Villanova is up there. To me, it is safe to say, if Albany makes this tournament, then I would bet all my money that 95% we play the Wildcats.

that seeding however is based on georgraphic location.

one thing at a time. I want to see them win the conference regular season title, so first at least, we are guaranteed a postseason tournament, based on the new NIT rules.

11924[/snapback]

Lunardi posted his new brackets and we're still a 16 and now play duke in greensborough.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncb/region?group=1&teamId=150#150

Playing Duke now? (And in Greensboro?)

I guess the team is losing some of its momentum. As winners of six out of seven, and 14 out of 17, I guess it makes sense to upgrade 13-9 Davidson.

The one silver lining is that the fate of UAlbany is no longer tied to Villanova.

I know the AE conference is having a down year, but if Albany runs the table, would 22-9 really warrant a 16?

I will try to keep perspective and wait for one thing at a time, so good luck against Vermont tonight!

cnnsi has us against Villanova, CSTV has us vs Memphis, ESPN has us vs Duke, CBSsportsline has us vs Memphis...

i would say it is a toss up right now

12017[/snapback]

Lets get in with 2 wins in Bingo and a win back here on 3/11. Then I root that they send us within an easy drive. Philly is closest. Detroit,Dayton or Greensboro are not bad drives either. I really don't care who we play as long as we make the tournament and I can get to the site.