UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Gazette 3/21/06

There's an article by Bob Weiner in today's Gazette headlined "Brown anxious to sign" , subheadlined "Contract talks progressing" There are the expected quotes from Dr. McElroy and from Coach Brown. The article indicates that Coach will make a recruiting trip to Pensacola, Florida Wednesday; then return to meet with a recruit visiting campus on Thursday and take in the Federation tournament over the weekend.

Here's McElroy's quote " A contract is already agreed upon in principle. Coach Brown has gone on record that he wants to be here, and we want him here. We're just working through the details. As far as any sticking points, there are none. He wants to be here and we want him. Clearly Coach Brown and the kids have set a good tone for our athletic program and the university."

There's an article by Bob Weiner in today's Gazette headlined "Brown anxious to sign" , subheadlined "Contract talks progressing"  There are the expected quotes from Dr. McElroy and from Coach Brown.  The article indicates that Coach will make a recruiting trip to Pensacola, Florida Wednesday; then return to meet with a recruit visiting campus on Thursday and take in the Federation tournament over the weekend.

Here's McElroy's quote " A contract is already agreed upon in principle. Coach Brown has gone on record that he wants to be here, and we want him here.  We're just working through the details. As far as any sticking points, there are none.  He wants to be here and we want him.  Clearly Coach Brown and the kids have set a good tone for our athletic program and the university."

13381[/snapback]

:lol::lol: I think it's a foregone conclusion that he is bringing someone else in with that last scholorship.

:lol::lol: I think it's a foregone conclusion that he is bringing someone else in with that last scholorship.

13382[/snapback]

Josh Duell ?

;)

13384[/snapback]

he would have to sit out 2 seasons because of transfer rules

13385[/snapback]

One of the newspaper articles explained that; there's also a loophole of some sort where if he went to a JUCO he'd be eligible earlier.

Either one is an unlikely scenario, that's why I put in the ;)

Interesting though that Duell is leaving Vermont because of the coaching change,

having played for both Brennan and Lonergan

personally I dont want anything to do with this Duell kid, I have nothing to back this up with but he seems like a "me first" kind of player and that mentality just does not fly at this school. Look at the team players we had on this team with Levi and Lucious both taking off the bench roles to help the team this season, the last thing I want and the team needs is a "me first" player!!!

personally I dont want anything to do with this Duell kid, I have nothing to back this up with but he seems like a "me first" kind of player and that mentality just does not fly at this school.  Look at the team players we had on this team with Levi and Lucious both taking off the bench roles to help the team this season, the last thing I want and the team needs is a "me first" player!!!

13407[/snapback]

I don't know about the "me first", but I agree with nothing to do with him. He is good role player. The show this team put on in the AE and NCAA's should allow Coach Brown to bring in someone with star potential, or at a minimum a proven JuCo player.

I've been thinking the same but was reluctant to mention it in case Duell is in Will's plans, but you guys broke the ice. The exposure of the NCAAs should get us the type of player whose ability will far exceed that of Duell's.

personally I dont want anything to do with this Duell kid, I have nothing to back this up with but he seems like a "me first" kind of player and that mentality just does not fly at this school.  Look at the team players we had on this team with Levi and Lucious both taking off the bench roles to help the team this season, the last thing I want and the team needs is a "me first" player!!!

13407[/snapback]

I’m with you! I’ve stated on more then one occasion that I don’t want Duell here. If he comes here, he will have to sit at least a year and most likely two and in the process sucking up a scholarship, he is to be a junior come next year. I also have issues with his health and the type of game he plays. Can he help? Probably! But at this moment we are riding an incredible high, and we can bring in a great recruit. Our bargaining position and what we have to offer has never been higher. I know that Will is on a scouting trip to Pensacola FL, any clue what he’s looking at? Also isn’t a recruit coming in for a visit later this week? In my opinion Will goes for a PG of the future, because JW is going to be a senior and Lillis is a junior. One or two years down the road who’s playing point??? Exactly!!

You guys are of course free to post what you like. I will ask that you consider the fact that it's not unheard for recruits or potential recruits to read fans message boards. I'd hate to think of a guy considering coming to Albany to read that he's "not wanted" by the fans when we don't know what the coaching staff has in mind.

I'm not saying I know anything about this particular sitation. Just asking that you consider it in the future.

You guys are of course free to post what you like. I will ask that you consider the fact that it's not unheard for recruits or potential recruits to read fans message boards. I'd hate to think of a guy considering coming to Albany to read that he's "not wanted" by the fans when we don't know what the coaching staff has in mind.

I'm not saying I know anything about this particular sitation. Just asking that you consider it in the future.

13417[/snapback]

Never thought about it that way. Seems reasonable! :unsure:

13417[/snapback]

Good point, but if any potential recruit basis even .001% of his decision on what some idiot named "McFan" is posting on a fan message board he may be a bit misguided.

13417[/snapback]

Good point, I am sorry if Duell does read this board! Of course I respect Coach Brown emmensley and would always respect anyone that he deems worthy of wearing the purple and gold.

At the same time, if any recruit is reading this board I say this to you, we look forward to rooting you on and growing the program over your tenure here at UA, but please beware that the program is growing because of "team players" so please come ready to work with the team and accept the role that coach Brown and his staff feel best suits your skills and the needs of the team.

I am sure Coach has a similar monoluge prepared for the recruits although I am sure it sounds a lot better when he does it :P