UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

jamar

Maybe it's just me but I'm not sure that I think this is a real good idea:

As good as Jamar is, this needs to be about the team. You can argue that coachwillbrown is going to help in recruiting, but Jamar's site can be seen as promoting Jamar to get to the next level. I certainly think that should be done, but IMO, it should be done in the context of the team. How does that happen? The obvious answer is that the University needs to fix their website. Other schools have video, player blogs... If UA could do that, this type of site might not be needed. If they cannot do that, then they should sponsor Jamar's site. His e-mail address should not be on the site - especially when the site talks about how much he has flown under the radar.

Jamar is the best player to ever play for UA, but let's get the athletic department to say that. Isn't that what Northeastern did with JJB - sponsor a promotional site.

Again, if UA had a better website, this could all be accomplished there.

The more I type, the more this bothers me...

It bothers me that familiar was misspelled on the home page.  I also have reservations similar to Reeders.

14918[/snapback]

I’m with you guys….a little to much of “my team” and me…me….me…..”under the radar” etc. I’ve never known him to be all about himself on the court but this is a little disturbing to me. I’m not making to much of it, but it’s a little weird I suppose.

Keep in mind that you were reading from his personal journal. He is writing about his life, much as one would in a diary or daily journal. Nevertheless, I thought he made numerous references to teamates and the importance the NCAA tournament had in acheiving recognition for the University. He is very conscious of how the basketball program relates to the University. Just look at the way he leads the team over to the fans after a game to thank them for their support. Look at that picture of him on the athletic site with the Special Olympic kids and read his comments about that experience. Jamar is not just about himself, though he has a lot to be proud of and a lot to brag about if he chose to do so.

Some very good points 66. While I may have some reservations about the site like those mentioned I don't have any about Jamar. He was the guy who very publicly took the blame during the poor start in the OOC games in the fall. More than he really needed to as far as I thought.

Edited by Dane Pound