UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Ticket Sales

I know this is rather far off but does anyone know how season ticket sales are going for basketball?

14982[/snapback]

When I bought my season tix about a month ago, I asked how many are still available, and was told that a couple more hundred (something like 200-300) were still available. No idea how many they sold since I talked to them about a month ago……but I got mine!

I know this is rather far off but does anyone know how season ticket sales are going for basketball?

14982[/snapback]

When I bought my season tix about a month ago, I asked how many are still available, and was told that a couple more hundred (something like 200-300) were still available. No idea how many they sold since I talked to them about a month ago……but I got mine!

14984[/snapback]

Not sure how you could even know at this time how many are technically sold. I mean you have until June 30th to renew at last year's prices. I have not renewed mine yet, but Rob Knows I will be calling him sometime after June 15th for my basketball and football renewals. So would mine tixs even count as sold at this point or not until paid. Would hope the schedule is released before payment is due, so I can have Rob sell me whichever road games he can sell.

As of last week there were only a few odd seats available in the chairback sections. I think there were something like five available seats in our section (not just our row) total.

Also sounds like they are thinking about converting some of the bench seats into chairbacks a few rows or sections at a time. As had been mentioned here before they would lose some seating capacity. I think it's four seats per row.

Also sounds like they are thinking about converting some of the bench seats into chairbacks a few rows or sections at a time. As had been mentioned here before they would lose some seating capacity. I think it's four seats per row.

14995[/snapback]

I think that would be a shame.....I think with the growth of our team we would want as much seating capacity as possible. And being that the students generally end up in the bench seats I would hate to see students turned away because there was not enough seating due to the possible seating changes.

I'm sure the baseline seats will be the last ones converted to chairbacks.

It may not even cost any availability; I think there are more 'marked' seats than they can sell, as it's the fire code that detemine the seating limit.

It may not even cost any availability; I think there are more 'marked' seats than they can sell, as it's the fire code that detemine the seating limit.

14998[/snapback]

Good point there '72. So with the difference between seats (5,000) and actual capacity (~4,500)...there's at least 500 bench seats that you could upgrade and not actually lose capacity.

I don’t think you will ever see the baselines with chair-back seating…they’re too severely sloped. The sideline seats on the other hand are much roomier.

I agree that you could reduce the number of marked seats without reducing the maximum capacity for the building.

I’d like to see them get as many chair-backs as close to the court as they can instead of adding them complete sections at a time…more incentives for season ticket holders to have a chair-back seat and be closer to the court