UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena takes a big hit

IDK about that; they have lost Jordan there leader in most categories to graduation, and now they lost there second leading scorer Kojo, he was avg. 16.6 points per game. For most team's thats losing most of your offensive production and looking at the stats most of Siena's points come from there backcourt game. With these two loses unless players on the bench can step in and play or McCaffery has a way to use more of a front court game plan Siena is going to have another mediocer season.

Also to add on who knows how well there front court will work, Haddix has been out for two years now and a large part of there big men are Freshman who knows how good they will be at the college level. If you take our two bigs this year it took Connelly a good part of the season to be comfortable and Covington though he played great on defense he strugled on offense. It should be an intresting game in December this year.

The Gazette reports that Mensah's scholarship will go to Duell. Also that 'it would be unlikely that Siena would approve releasing him to Duquesne'.

Amusing considering the way we were blasted for not allowing EJ Gallup to become an 'aint.

I wouldn't blame them if they didn't give him a release to Duquesne. There's 320+ Divison I teams and Everhart seems to be pissing them off one by one. Maybe he should start recruiting high school players and those at JUCOs instead of other college rosters.

I wouldn't blame them if they didn't give him a release to Duquesne. There's 320+ Divison I teams and Everhart seems to be pissing them off one by one. Maybe he should start recruiting high school players and those at JUCOs instead of other college rosters.

15013[/snapback]

DanePound, I agree. I hope they grant him a conditional release, this guy left the ‘aints high and dry. Not that I don’t enjoy watching Tony or the rest of those tools on that board squirm, but truth be told they were going to be a pretty damn good team and now they will probably be .500 again. I’m actually pretty pissed off at Everhart, what a freaking snake!

Without a doubt the Siena Board is a fun board to read.

Kojo was one of the most dominant guards in the MAAC at the end of the season an all around great player. Then he decides to transfer and the well hooked up KnickSaint makes the following statement....

It is a bonehead move, but the program may be better off in the long and short run that he left before becoming a major negative to the team concept, something which I understand was starting to emerge. 

All of a sudden the great Kojo is now a major negative who Siena is probably better off without in the short and long run.

Only on the Siena Board could this play out.

Also KnickSaint states

Carmen wants a fulltime coaching position.  It would pay better than Siena's DBO.  He could not do what he's doing this summer if he stayed in his prior position.  Further, there are very few, if any,  D1 staffs without at least one minority member.  As much as I like Carmen, I don't think Siena could afford to go in that direction - Loudonville is not the easiest place to recruit to without that added complication.

Isn't Siena, the self proclaimed, "Crown Jewel of the MAAC" because of all its inherent recruiting advantages.

They change their tune constantly to fit their needs, it truly is a fun and amazing read.

And MTS especially cracks ne up. He said that losing kojo would make "Siena dropped from 22 wins to about 17 or 18. No way around it, this is a horrible loss to take."

I am still not sure how they went from 15 wins last season to 22 in the offseason . But I suppose it could have been the addition of Duell or the fact that just about every other game next season is against NJIT.

Then there was the post here comparing Siena to the Yankees and the Great Danes to the Mets. BTW , have the Mets even lost a game since MTS compared them to UA. I know they will lose soon but you can't complain about the lead they have now in the standings.

I never said Siena was going to win 22 games, just throwing out a random number. There is reason to believe that we'll me a much better team. Bring in Haddix, Hasbrouck getting better and of course Kojo with a solid recruiting class to provide key depth. Obviously with Kojo's departure Siena takes a major hit but I still believe they can finish top three in the MAAC and win more games than last year's 15 say 17 or 18, maybe more if things break right and our new frosh PG Ronald Moore (highly touted) and learn quickly.

Knicksaint is money on his info, so I don't doubt it. Is he a Siena fan? Yes, but the guy doesn't BS and speaks the truth he is a credible person connected to the Siena family believe me.

Looks like beating Albany isn't a lay-up anymore, I was looking for Kojo to drop another triple-double on the Danes. Perhaps Kenny Hasbrouck will have the honor this year :-)

And, BTW, the Yankees-Siena, Mets-Albany comparisons is more about the team with the more storied history as having the edge over the town. Doesn't mean it won't be Albany's town from time to time like the Mets owned New York in the 80's but in the end it will always have a Siena edge to it like New York with the Yanks.

Good night all ;-)

MTS - Thanks for your clarification on the Mets/Yankees.

I agree that it seems KnickSaint is very well connected to the basketball office.

I believe they play him some times. Wasn't it KnickSaint who told you guys that the MAAC/Siena exempt event didn't need UA because they had bigger fish willing to come and play and wasn't it KnickSaint who mentioned BCS type teams in the same Tourney.

Wasn't it KnickSaint who spouted the praises of Kojo last season and now plants the seed that he was a possible cancer inside the program and that the program now will be better off in the short and long term without him.

KnickSaint seemingly is very connected and surely seems to get good info for you guys but its funny how he gets played by the same office every know and then.

I never said Siena was going to win 22 games, just throwing out a random number. There is reason to believe that we'll me a much better team. Bring in Haddix, Hasbrouck getting better and of course Kojo with a solid recruiting class to provide key depth. Obviously with Kojo's departure Siena takes a major hit but I still believe they can finish top three in the MAAC and win more games than last year's 15 say 17 or 18, maybe more if things break right and our new frosh PG Ronald Moore (highly touted) and learn quickly.

Knicksaint is money on his info, so I don't doubt it. Is he a Siena fan? Yes, but the guy doesn't BS and speaks the truth he is a credible person connected to the Siena family believe me.

Looks like beating Albany isn't a lay-up anymore, I was looking for Kojo to drop another triple-double on the Danes. Perhaps Kenny Hasbrouck will have the honor this year :-)

And, BTW, the Yankees-Siena, Mets-Albany comparisons is more about the team with the more storied history as having the edge over the town. Doesn't mean it won't be Albany's town from time to time like the Mets owned New York in the 80's but in the end it will always have a Siena edge to it like New York with the Yanks.

Good night all ;-)

15028[/snapback]

Thanks for your post. I guess we will also see if 17 or 18 are also random numbers.

As far as KnickSaint, Patch's post looks right on the money to me.

What made you think that beating Albany was a lay-up. I guessed you missed how much UA grew over the last season, UA's returning players and recruits. Even when we stunk(won less than 10 games) and you were good we usually played you tough on your home court. I would expect even if Siena were to upset Albany that it would be a tough fought game.

But, it is your Yankees-Siena, Mets-Albany comparisons that I disagree with most. No matter how you try to rationalize it .While it works on the level that UA is new to D1 and earned success quickly like the Mets, it doesn't work for a number of reasons.

1) Siena doesn't have a storied history like the Yankees like I pointed out in a previous post. UA history while not D1 is quite impressive as other posters can point out better than I.

2) Siena will not always have an edge in town like the Yankees do. Albany is a much bigger school and the state school. All it will take is a little more growth in alumni and student support and Siena will be passed by for good. Will it happen in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years , I don't know but it will happen. The strides UA made in the last few years (especially this year) has truly been amazing IMHO and I for one am very excited about the plans for the future especially the football stadium hopefully in the next 5 to 10 years.