UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....any excitement at all for footba

Is anyone interested this year???

15445[/snapback]

if they had a new stadium, I would be. I went to the Hofstra game last year, just to see what it was like. The stands were packed but that place does everything to destroy the atmosphere. You're a mile away from the field behind TW3's amateur TV cameras, sitting on old crappy paint-chipped bleachers. Needless to say I haven't bothered going to a game since. Although the thought of watching Albany take on fellow college football powerhouse Central Connecticutt State University in a game that could mean getting into the playoffs, oh wait, there are no playoffs. It's electrifying. Call me an apathetic student, or whatever, the fact is if you don't present something worth watching then no one is going to show up, especially students.

I'll be excited, and I'm sure many students will be as well, when theres an actual football stadium on campus with the team playing in a meaningful football conferance that has playoff implications. I love the 1-AA playoff system, and I'd just like to see Albany get a chance to be a part of that.

15445[/snapback]

if they had a new stadium, I would be. I went to the Hofstra game last year, just to see what it was like. The stands were packed but that place does everything to destroy the atmosphere. You're a mile away from the field behind TW3's amateur TV cameras, sitting on old crappy paint-chipped bleachers. Needless to say I haven't bothered going to a game since. Although the thought of watching Albany take on fellow college football powerhouse Central Connecticutt State University in a game that could mean getting into the playoffs, oh wait, there are no playoffs. It's electrifying. Call me an apathetic student, or whatever, the fact is if you don't present something worth watching then no one is going to show up, especially students.

I'll be excited, and I'm sure many students will be as well, when theres an actual football stadium on campus with the team playing in a meaningful football conferance that has playoff implications. I love the 1-AA playoff system, and I'd just like to see Albany get a chance to be a part of that.

15446[/snapback]

Organize some students and write letters to president hall. maybe then something will get done or at least made public so students can see the direction of the program and want to get in at ground level.

15445[/snapback]

15446[/snapback]

Organize some students and write letters to president hall. maybe then something will get done or at least made public so students can see the direction of the program and want to get in at ground level.

15450[/snapback]

Exactly...but you need to go to the games and pack them to show WE NEED THE STADIUM.

This should be a good team.

I'm looking forward to the start of the fall sports season and will be travelling from Mass. for all the home football games and plan to take in some soccer and volleyball matches as well. I am also looking forward to the Albany Invitational Xcountry meet.

I will also be at several games. We should have a big purple fan siite tail gate party. Keep me posted.

15466[/snapback]

The first homegame is usually the best tailgate (still generally warm). Hopefully we can fill the parking lot before the game. Plus this year its against Fordham which could be a win against an opponent from a "superior" league. Should be good for the program. Hopefully the local press will take notice before the thursday prior to the game. Maybe someone should tell Mark Singleas what the schedule is this year so he can prepare ahead of time.