UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

football stadium update

"The missing link is a stadium," Ford said. "We bring high school kids in from Georgia and Florida and they say, 'Coach, I played in a better high school stadium than this.' "

My son plays on a middle school team in the Atlanta area that is affiliated with a HS. They have played 3 games so far and we have gone to 3 varsity games. After seeing the different facilities - every one of them is nicer than University Field. The only drawback was that most of them have concrete bleachers. The seating capacity is between 5k and 10k for the facilities - and for the varsity games that we attended, the games were about 80% to 90% sold out. In terms of other facilities at the affiliated HS - they have a building primarily dedicated to football - weight room, film rooms, class rooms, locker room, coaches offices. I initially thought this was unique to this one HS, but I took a tour of another facility (we have a friend with a kid on a 9th grade team), and his school had similar facilities.

There are also a lot of community teams that play in facilities built in community parks - not much seating as it isn't necessary but the field itself, concession stand, press box area... are as nice as University Field.

I can certainly see how a kid from Georgia would look at University Field and think that their HS facility was better.

Very few if any high schools in the Northeast match the facilities in Georgia or Florida, let alone Texas. I don't know what you mean about concrete bleachers being a drawback, unless there are no benches bolted to them.

When Bleecker Stadium was rebuilt this summer, and the crumbling concrete torn out, they only replaced them with metal bleachers seating 900 because HS attendance is way down.

I can't think of a single outdoor stadium with over 5,000 seats between Colgate and UMass, and West Point to Canada. There should be a place for one in the Albany area.

Very few if any high schools in the Northeast match the facilities in Georgia or Florida, let alone Texas. I don't know what you mean about concrete bleachers being a drawback, unless there are no benches bolted to them.

When Bleecker Stadium was rebuilt this summer, and the crumbling concrete torn out, they only replaced them with metal bleachers seating 900 because HS attendance is way down.

I can't think of a single outdoor stadium with over 5,000 seats between Colgate and UMass, and West Point to Canada. There should be a place for one in the Albany area.

16438[/snapback]

Kingston...seats 5k...easily

i just came home for the holidays yesterday, and Oceanside HS on LI is putting brand new field in etc...it looks sick in compariso to University Field

16437[/snapback]

To bad OHS will always get killed compared to Freeport, Baldwin etc.

GD84 and all Jewish posters on this board happy new year.

i just came home for the holidays yesterday, and Oceanside HS on LI is putting brand new field in etc...it looks sick in compariso to University Field

16437[/snapback]

To bad OHS will always get killed compared to Freeport, Baldwin etc.

GD84 and all Jewish posters on this board happy new year.

16441[/snapback]

Look out for Daneguy and my East Meadow Jets.

#4 in the Long Island Newsday Poll this week.

SSS

I don't know what you mean about concrete bleachers being a drawback, unless there are no benches bolted to them.

There are no benches bolted to them - most of the fans use a cushion or bring a stadium seat. Some of the newer schools have benches bolted to them - but there are many that have been renovated with the emphasis on the field, press box, locker rooms... and the stands remain concrete.

1977 Oceanside Conference I Championship on LI... (only title I know of)

only big name player to come out of the Sailors program was LI's own Jay Fiedler (1989)

AND NOW BRENDAN THAT YOU HAVE ME IN A FIX:

BOYS BASKETBALL:

COUNTY CHAMPIONS:

1958-59, 1960-61

BOYS SOCCER:

County Champs:

1958, 1963, 1968 to 1972, 1984, 1992, 1997, 2000

LI Titles in:

1968 to 1971,

SOFTBALL:

COUNTY CHAMPS:

1981, 1995, 1996

BOYS LACROSSE:

COUNTY CHAMPS:

BASEBALL:

LEAGUE CHAMPS:

46,47,49,53,59,60,61, 64,65,71,72,73,79,82, 84,87,88,00,01,04

COUNTY TITLES:

LI TITLES:

State Titles:

If you can not tell, me and b9j are both from Oceanside, NY

Oceanside is known for Baseball and soccer, and they have just built an unbelievable football field now.

He's right. I followed my buddy down to the Atlanta area. He's a teacher up in Cobb county. We are both Albany grads. His highschool (Harrison) routinely gets 8,000 people out to a high school game. We had a great time. They're selling t-shirts, hot dogs and all wound up. His wife, a New Paltz, grad and also a teacher was stunned to see the crowd. It'll be a tough sell to get a kid from many parts of the country to play at UAlbany until we get our act together. Oh yeah, it's not just the south east. I've also worked out in California, Idaho and Texas.

Speaking of Idaho. Boise State gets HUGH crowds. If Boise Idaho can put something together, I would hope New York could do something or... are we not up to competing with Idaho? They're big time.

ATL, my dad has a house in Tucker, Ga (the nice part). We once went to a game there to check out Jabari Davis (old UTennessee RB recruit) one game. They are considered low level to some HS in the ATL area, and it was nuts.

My cousins played for Maryville, Tenn HS, one more state titles then almost anyone in Tennessee HS Football. Talk about crazyness...wow

Hey Buffalo had 29,795 at their opening game against Temple.

I did notice somthing intresting we draw rather well for the NEC. These are the home attandence numbers at the games that have been played so far this season not including todays game.

Momouth 1,939, 2,079

Wagner 3,792

CCS 3029

St. Francis (PA) 1185

Sacred Heart 1411, 2237

Robert Morris 3,246

Stony Brook 5,626 (Hofstra)

UAlbany 5,207

Did someone go to the hall of fame area outside the gym area for these stats? lol How has OHS Football done so far this year?

1977 Oceanside Conference I Championship on LI... (only title I know of)

only big name player to come out of the Sailors program was LI's own Jay Fiedler (1989)

AND NOW BRENDAN THAT YOU HAVE ME IN A FIX:

BOYS BASKETBALL:

COUNTY CHAMPIONS:

1958-59, 1960-61

BOYS SOCCER:

County Champs:

1958, 1963, 1968 to 1972, 1984, 1992, 1997, 2000

LI Titles in:

1968 to 1971,

SOFTBALL:

COUNTY CHAMPS:

1981, 1995, 1996

BOYS LACROSSE:

COUNTY CHAMPS:

BASEBALL:

LEAGUE CHAMPS:

46,47,49,53,59,60,61, 64,65,71,72,73,79,82, 84,87,88,00,01,04

COUNTY TITLES:

LI TITLES:

State Titles:

If you can not tell, me and b9j are both from Oceanside, NY

Oceanside is known for Baseball and soccer, and they have just built an unbelievable football field now.

16445[/snapback]