UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

TU sources for Siena story

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story...date=10/24/2006

http://sienasaints.cstv.com/sports/m-baskb.../102306aaa.html

What a joke the TU has become since they started the contract with the building that Loudonville plays in. They were never a good paper, but now they are going straight to the Siena website to get their garbage.

This article has no news value what so ever and should be only included in the paper as a paid advertisement.

BTW. Here is the text of an email I just sent to the TU. Will see if they can give an intelligent response.

"Is there a reason I should read your sports section anymore. It seems to me you just rehash the same crap that is on the siena website. It is fine for Siena to try to sell tickets on their website, but it is crap for a newspaper to try to pass that off as news."

Edited by bob87

"Is there a reason I should read your sports section anymore. It seems to me you just rehash the same crap that is on the siena website. It is fine for Siena to try to sell tickets on their website, but it is crap for a newspaper to try to pass that off as news."

16957[/snapback]

nice...subtle...are you sure you didn't want to get right to the point instead of beating around the bush? B)

As long as we're on the topic of Siena tickets, does anyone know how much a ticket for the UAlbany-Siena game will cost? Last year I paid $17 per ticket. According to today's article, the average cost for the 4-game ticket will be $15 ($60 divided by the four games). The article then went on to state that the $60 price is a savings of $44. That means that the normal price for the 4 games would be $104. Does it then follow that purchasing 1 ticket for 1 game will cost me $26 this year? If so, that's a big ripoff.

Has anyone purchased tickets for the UAlbany-Siena game yet? If so, how did you do it? Buy through our Athletic Office?

I haven't purchased mine yet either but we discussed this at the RACC the other day. If you buy your tickets through the UA box office does UA get to keep the money? If you buy them through the Pepsi box office does Siena get it? That was my understanding but I was curious if anyone knew for sure.

Doesn't it matter where your seats are? I mean if I'm sitting in the nose bleeds you might pay $8 but if you are sitting center court you could be paying more. There should be a difference depending on where your seats are. Last year I purchased our tickets through Ticketmaster I believe and the seats sucked. How come we are always in the corner like step children? This year I'll be sure to purchase them through our ticket office so I can sit with the rest of the Dane family.

Doesn't it matter where your seats are?  I mean if I'm sitting in the nose bleeds you might pay $8 but if you are sitting center court you could be paying more.  There should be a difference depending on where your seats are.  Last year I purchased our tickets through Ticketmaster I believe and the seats sucked.  How come we are always in the corner like step children?  This year I'll be sure to purchase them through our ticket office so I can sit with the rest of the Dane family.

16964[/snapback]

I think most UAlbany fans did not have access to center court seats. We are relegated to the sides. The match is considered a home game for the Saints, and they get the premium seats, particularly if they are season ticket holders.

At the risk of flaming, the current contract between the schools ends this year, and I hope that major changes occur during the negotiations. It's about time UAlbany becomes the home team. For once, I'd like to have a better seat at that event. Paying $17 for an inferior seat is unjust when I can have a much better view and a more comfortable seat at a far cheaper price.

Thanks, bosiydid and Dane Pound, for your answers on the current status of the Siena game tickets.

16969[/snapback]

That deal covers parking as well and you get a "rally" towel. Parking is $5. So that makes each ticket $10 (adult) so if is without question a bargin to buy the package--if you're a Siena fan. I think I might buy it myself. A single ticket is probably $15-$18 for the Albany game along it is usually on the "higher" price list.

Hey you Albany fans should buy the deal and you can root against us in the other three games :-)

Why do you guys hate the TU so much, btw? It is plenty fair to UAlbany, great NCAA coverage for the Danes last year.

Thanks, bosiydid and Dane Pound, for your answers on the current status of the Siena game tickets.

16969[/snapback]

That deal covers parking as well and you get a "rally" towel. Parking is $5. So that makes each ticket $10 (adult) so if is without question a bargin to buy the package--if you're a Siena fan. I think I might buy it myself. A single ticket is probably $15-$18 for the Albany game along it is usually on the "higher" price list.

Hey you Albany fans should buy the deal and you can root against us in the other three games :-)

Why do you guys hate the TU so much, btw? It is plenty fair to UAlbany, great NCAA coverage for the Danes last year.

16972[/snapback]

Far from fair to UALBANY, and too be blunt, a bigger rag than the Boston Globe. T

THAT...is a tough statement from me considering the Globe IS A RAG (that just so happens to be trying to destroy my entire agency with lies.)

16972[/snapback]

MTS, That is a no go. For one thing one of the games advertised as a weekend game is in fact a game on Monday 1/15 at 5PM so I will just be getting off work. In addition we have a home game vs Stony Brook that night at 7 so I will be drinking the 3 pre game Heinekens during your game. Then there is the Bracketbuster game in your package. I would rather travel anywhere up to about 700 miles on the road to see Albany play than travel the 15 miles to see Loundonville.

Lastly, as others have pointed out when I buy tickets at Albany for Siena games we think the road team gets to keep the money. Why would I want to give Siena $60 for 4 games when I just can buy the game I really want though the Albany Alumni Association.

I still may root against you against Marist on 1/19 because Albany is off, but that is the same night as the Clarkson - RPI game so we will see. And besides the Marist game to see you lose to a Siena Alum yet again the only game on your schedule that has any appeal to me is the Hofstra game. I last saw Hofstra in the NCAA's as the America East champion in Buffalo the same day Bobby Knight coached his last game for Indiana and I am curious to see how they are now in person.

16972[/snapback]

MTS, That is a no go. For one thing one of the games advertised as a weekend game is in fact a game on Monday 1/15 at 5PM so I will just be getting off work. In addition we have a home game vs Stony Brook that night at 7 so I will be drinking the 3 pre game Heinekens during your game. Then there is the Bracketbuster game in your package. I would rather travel anywhere up to about 700 miles on the road to see Albany play than travel the 15 miles to see Loundonville.

Lastly, as others have pointed out when I buy tickets at Albany for Siena games we think the road team gets to keep the money. Why would I want to give Siena $60 for 4 games when I just can buy the game I really want though the Albany Alumni Association.

I still may root against you against Marist on 1/19 because Albany is off, but that is the same night as the Clarkson - RPI game so we will see. And besides the Marist game to see you lose to a Siena Alum yet again the only game on your schedule that has any appeal to me is the Hofstra game. I last saw Hofstra in the NCAA's as the America East champion in Buffalo the same day Bobby Knight coached his last game for Indiana and I am curious to see how they are now in person.

16978[/snapback]

The game on Monday January 15th at 5pm against Marist is on Martin Luther King Jr. day which most people have off. The game will also be broadcasted on MSG Network.

The game on Monday January 15th at 5pm against Marist is on Martin Luther King Jr. day which most people have off. The game will also be broadcasted on MSG Network.

16979[/snapback]

Sorry I read your schedule wrong. You do play Marist on 1/15. I read it as the 1/19 which is Fairfield. No interest in that game.

I'll be sure to ask them to put the Marist game on the TV at Across the street Pub or the albany varisity club. :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe if it runs late they could delay the start of our game vs Stony Brook and get a big screen in the Raac to show Brady go 6-0 against the school that did not think he was qualified to be a coach. :lol::lol::lol:

16969[/snapback]

It is plenty fair to UAlbany, great NCAA coverage for the Danes last year.

16972[/snapback]

Two points, first we were the only local team actually PLAYING in the NCAA's so they had to cover us. Second, that's like saying that the new york media gave fair Mets coverage after the Yankees lost to the Tigers. Anyone in the metropolitan area can vouch for me that for the next three days the only stories talked about were "will Torre go", "should A-rod go?" meanwhile the Mets were still going.

Sorry if i ranted off topic, i am still in mourning after sitting at game 7...pitchers and catchers in 3.5 months!! and I have Great Dane hoops to get me through the long cold winter!!!