UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Bing Game

Win or lose...I will not comment any further than:

1. We need to get our heads out of our asses. Sorry...but we putz around and stand around WAY too much, almost as if we expect we can win every game with a second half comeback.

2. Part of me HOPES we lose so the boys get a wake up call that this is a 40 minute game....not the second 20.

3. We look awful on defense. Our rotation is pathetic. I mean really....the lack of perimeter D is horrible at this level. 60%....that's what Bing was shooting almost 3/4 through the game. ARE YOU FOR REAL?!?!?!?

4. Lillis needs to attack more. Enough said. YOU ARE A JUNIOR...and YOU ARE GOOD. Get mean.....you have 1 and half years left. You have done great...you can do even better. Pressure on a kid yes...but this is DIVISION I...you knew the pressure would be there. YOU HAVE ALL THE TALENT IN THE WORLD AT THIS LEVEL....USE IT.

5. Connelly...needs more minutes.

6. Ross or Knight- You boys played at this level. Get it done in practice so we can get you on the floor. WE NEED YOU GUYS!!!!

FINALLY....

GET HUNGRY!!!!

This game will not be won or lost because of Brown's suspension, Jamar being off, etc. This effort has been evident all year....and we have been lucky to comeback and escape. I saw this against UNH, Bucknell, and Harvard.

I need to go pack my gums now.

Terrible game, I'm disgusted by the fact that we think someone in our league is gona give us something. We freaking sleep walk through the first half, can't buy a bucket, no energy, ZERO D. I just get the feeling that UA thinks that other teams are gona be impressed by UA and not even try. This was freaking Bingo, we should have blown their doors of.

I think this team needs to change some things. I for one would no longer start Lillis, his reluctance to shoot and crazy fouls hurt us terribly, anything he does positive on the defensive end is offset by his crazy fouls. Iati once again has cooled of after two good games, can't buy a bucket. Our lack of a true PG is really hurting us. Folks were making crazy predictions on the AE board that UA would win by 15 etc. I said on that board, this game makes me terribly nervous.

What do you mean Iati can't buy a bucket? Remember his three from the corner off the backboard in the first half?!?!

How much do you think the guys were distracted about what went on with Coach Browns suspension? I'm not trying to make excuses here but I had a bad feeling about this game as soon as I heard about his suspension.

What do you mean Iati can't buy a bucket? Remember his three from the corner off the backboard in the first half?!?!

How much do you think the guys were distracted about what went on with Coach Browns suspension? I'm not trying to make excuses here but I had a bad feeling about this game as soon as I heard about his suspension.

Nothing to do with it. The stuff I stated has been going on ALL SEASON.

It bit them in the ass in a pseudo close game already.

By all rights, the same play SHOULD (not COULD) have yielded losses to Bucknell and Harvard.

Our Perimeter Defense is terrible. Carl Ross needs more minutes. His energy is a big plus for our defense. It was a different game when Ross was covering Forbes.

Was there a reason Iati got so much time? I mean...yeah he scored a little but nothing overly impressive, he missed a lot of shots too. Plus, defensively he couldn't have guarded the guys if he was playing his best just because of their height advantage. I wouldn't have minded seeing a little more of Ross today to stimulate the defense (as mentioned previously by others).

Iati was 3-9 and that bank shot was pure luck. It's also annoying that they all of a sudden forgot how to shoot FT's. I'm very impressed with Conelly, he is a beast and very quick for a guy his size putting the ball on the floor, once his shots start to fall he will be very very solid. More of Conelly and Ross, less of Iati and only slightly less of Lillis to start the game. I appreciate Lillis and all he does for us but until he start to give us something on the offensive end and not pass up open shots he needs to spend more time on the bench. Even the coaches are telling him to shoot and he continues to pass up open shots. I remember people screaming in frustration at him during the UNH game with him passing up like 2 or 3 open shots. The biggest problem in my opinion with this team is mental, nobody in our confrence is gona roll over and give us the game. Albany only got serious during the great run during the second half but it was a little to late.

Our Perimeter Defense is terrible. Carl Ross needs more minutes. His energy is a big plus for our defense. It was a different game when Ross was covering Forbes.

Was there a reason Iati got so much time? I mean...yeah he scored a little but nothing overly impressive, he missed a lot of shots too. Plus, defensively he couldn't have guarded the guys if he was playing his best just because of their height advantage. I wouldn't have minded seeing a little more of Ross today to stimulate the defense (as mentioned previously by others).

I agree, with the exception of those two games out west he has been more of a liability then anything. When he can't hit his shots he give us nothing on defense.

I agree, with the exception of those two games out west he has been more of a liability then anything. When he can't hit his shots he give us nothing on defense.

Forbes score the majority of his points when Iati was guarding him. Walker did a good job coaching taking advantage of the mismatch as soon as it occurred.

I probably should have seen the signs before I entered the arena.

I ordered my tickets online to pick up at will-call. Got to the counter about 20 minutes before tip-off, no tickets, they never heard of me. Woman comes out from behind the window to help, very nice and polite but 15 minutes later, still no tickets.

Me: "OK fine, there's no sign of me in the computer. Can I buy tickets here then?"

"No, sorry you'll have go to the ticket window."

Me: "Thanks for your help. I freakin love Binghamton"

I stood outside in the ticket line (at least it was warm out) with some annoyed Bing fans as the game starts. Two, three, four minutes into the game the line doesn't move. Word comes back through the line that they have some sort of computer problem (I should be surprised?) I consider trying find where Coach Brown is listening to the game and maybe having a beer with him but instead am engaged in conversation with some Bing fans to pass the time.

"Have you been to the Arena before? It's a beautiful place."

Me: "It's lovely, I hope it burns to the ground."

I'm not normally superstitiuous but when I get my ticket (which should have been discounted because I've missed 25% of the game) I'm in seat 13. Now it all makes sense. I get back to my car and find I've got a cracked windshield. Looking forward to going to Vermont next weekend....

As far as the actual game. The big difference I see between Ross this year and Siggers from last year is shooting. Siggers was a sniper off the bench and kept teams from collapsing on Jamar when he drives to the hoop. Ross hasn't shown the same ability.

If you have Ross and Lillis out there with Jamar the opposing defense doesn't really honor either Lillis or Ross shot. It's even worse when Brent is in foul trouble like he was through much of the game yesterday. Other than getting Siggers healthy again I'm not sure what the solution is. I thought Anderson was somewhat of a solution because he can shoot and is an able defender but he wasn't used much yesterday.

Observations----Lillis and Ross are not respected as shooters, so they can gang up on Jamar. Forbes went wild on Iati, compounding the offensive problems.

I think this game might be the turning point for Ross. Iati was terrible exposed on the defensive end and like I said when he isn't hitting his shots he is a major liability. I think Ross will start to be more of an impact player at least on the defensive end from now on. How can the coaches justify playing Iati over him when Iati has totally forgotten how to shoot and plays very poor defense.

The unfortunate turning point in the game was Siggars Technical. Forbes walked into the UA huddle at midcourt after a foul on Bing had been called. I can't blame Siggars, I would have pushed him out of there too. But it certainly changed the momentum and Forbes went wild from that point. It didn't help that Lillis? missed the front end of the original foul call either.

In typical Binghamton fashion it was a rough and tumble game and that does not work for us on the road. They sent a couple of messages and UA did not respond. And if they did, I'm sure even more fouls would have been called and there were already enough guys in foul trouble.

That said, Forbes killed Iati. It was an obvious mismatch and someone else should have been gaurding him. If you don't want Ross on the floor, then maybe Jamar. It could be that Siggars ankle is still sore so he couldn't give it a shot. I haven't been on the "free Carl Ross" bandwagon yet, but I am now. He immediately had one steal from Forbes and an explosive move to the basket. He disrupted another Forbes move a little while later. Then with the game still in reach he returns to the bench?

Archived