UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Louuuu!

haggy i saw the same thing and check the patroons website, and they didnt mention it. Then i just read the blog cause i havent checked it in a while and it was there.

Somebody has to tell the Patroons that this is the information age, and obsessive people like me need instant gratification.

Just to verify -

Albany, NY - January 9, 2007 - The Patroons most recent CBA transactions include the signing of Albany native, Lucious Jordan. Jordan, a local all-state and all-area honors basketball player from Colonie High School, attended Loyola College for two years, where he was chosen to the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference All-Rookie Team. Jordan, a 6'2", G, led Loyola in scoring with a 13.2 average his sophomore year and then transferred to the University of Albany. Last March Jordan helped Albany to their best season in DI history and to reach their first appearance in the NCAA Tournament, where he contributed 12 pts against UConn.

The Albany Patroons have also placed F Sean Higgins on the Injured Reserve and waived F Sheldon Bailey.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/r...ses/?id=3413743

The official CBA website has it, even if the Pats site hasn't updated yet.

"Albany Patroons signed G Lucious Jordan. Placed F Sean Higgins on Injured Reserve. Waived F Sheldon Bailey."

http://www.cbahoopsonline.com/transactions.php

Albany Patroons

Nbr Player Position Ht. Wt. DOB From

22 Sean Higgins (1-9-07) IR F 6'9 225 1968-12-30 Michigan '90

20 Reggie Jessie F 6'7 230 1975-06-08 St. John's '01

32 Kwan Johnson G 6'4 205 1974-01-14 New Orleans '97

11 Lucious Jordan * G 6-2 200 1983-05-31 Albany '06

50 Gordon Klaiber * G 6'8" 208 1983-10-10 Fairleigh Dickinson '06

10 Felipe Lopez G 6'5" 200 1974-12-19 St. John's '98

33 Jamario Moon F 6'8 205 2006-12-12 Meridian CC '00

5 Ronald "TJ" Thompson G 5'10" 180 1982-09-18 George Washington '05

0 Eric Williams C 6'10 260 1978-07-06 UMASS '02

Head Coach: Micheal Ray Richardson

Assistant Coach: Derrick Rowland

http://www.cbahoopsonline.com/rosters.php

They lost tonight, 118-108, but the recap doesn't say what Lucious did and the box score isn't available yet.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/r...ses/?id=3413777

I see that Derrick Rowland is the Asst. coach for the Patroons. This is the same Derrick Rowland that was an All American for Potsdam in the early eighties who used to give the Danes fits when I saw him play against us along with Ed Jachim, another All-American. They won the Div. 3 national title in 1981 even though we won the SUNYAC title that year, only to lose to Potsdam in a sweet 16 game. Rowland was drafted by Denver in the 10th round and played a little with Milwaukee Bucks.

I see that Derrick Rowland is the Asst. coach for the Patroons. This is the same Derrick Rowland that was an All American for Potsdam in the early eighties who used to give the Danes fits when I saw him play against us along with Ed Jachim, another All-American. They won the Div. 3 national title in 1981 even though we won the SUNYAC title that year, only to lose to Potsdam in a sweet 16 game. Rowland was drafted by Denver in the 10th round and played a little with Milwaukee Bucks.

And to go full circle, I watched Derrick play in the summer he got drafted. His agent brought him to a famous beach club my family belonged to, Brighton Beach Baths, in Brooklyn. He played with the "people" of the club (the athletes) against the Harlem Wizards travelling team (a competitor of the Globetrotters for a short while). Ed Jachim was there as well I remember watching him jack up jumpers like it was his job. They also brought in Alex English to play with him (the Denver connection) and Curley from the Globetrotters.

A few years later they brought in Steve Babriaz...the forward who can shoot the lights out and I believe was a KNICK signee.

I was amazed by both of them (Derrick and Ed...and what 7 year old wouldnt be) and I know my parents must have pics of me with my oversized jersey playing with them. STEVE...you just opened a memory from 26 years ago for me....THANK YOU!

• 1 month later...

Archived