UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

our bracketbuster foe is.....

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is ridiculous: Apparently no tacos at the Taco Bell Arena. I guess the list below is not an exhaustive list, but, rather, a representative sample, so perhaps there are indeed tacos there, but it doesn't look promising.

"CONCESSIONS

A variety of food and beverage options are available at twelve permanent food and beverage concession stands located in each corner of the building on Level One and Level Two. You’ll find all of the standard items you’ve come to love, as well as specialty items to satisfy your cravings such as:

Hot and cold specialty sandwiches

Hamburger, chicken, french fries, etc.

Papa John’s Pizza

Pretzel Time specialty pretzels

Moxie Java espresso beverages

Portable concession stands are available as needed. Waited food and beverage service can be made available to patrons seated in the Level One."

From http://www.tacobellarena.com/information.cfm

*Here is the seating chart for basketball: http://www.tacobellarena.com/maps.cfm?action=basketball

**Looks like it's considerably smaller than the Times Union Center: SELLABLE SEATS: 11,985

Neat website for Bronco sports: http://www.broncosports.com/

Check out the video; it has some footage of the Arena there.

Article from the BSU website on the game:

Boise State to host Albany in 2007 O'Reilly ESPNU BracketBusters game on Friday, Feb. 16

BOISE, Idaho - The Boise State men's basketball team will make its first appearance in the O'Reilly ESPNU BracketBusters event when the Broncos host Albany on Friday, Feb. 16, at Taco Bell Arena. The Boise State-Albany game is one of two that will be played on Friday with one of the ESPN networks carrying the game.

Boise State (11-8, 5-3) sits in third place in the Western Athletic Conference race, while Albany, a member of the America East Conference, is in second place in its conference (14-7, 7-2 America East). The Great Danes have won six of their last seven games.

The exact time and the network (ESPN2, ESPNU or ESPN360) carrying the game will be announced next Monday or Tuesday.

From http://www.broncosports.com/ViewArticle.db...p;ATCLID=777097

Some information about the BSU Broncos from the America East website:

Getting to Know the Broncos

Boise State (11-8, 5-3 WAC) returned all five starters from last year’s squad that finished seventh in the Western Athletic Conference. BSU has won six of its last 10 outings, including three straight. The Broncos, who are making their first appearance as part of the O’Reilly ESPNU BracketBusters’ series, are an impressive 9-1 at home this season, drawing an average attendance of 4,415. Boise State has played seven games versus teams with an RPI currently in the top 100, posting a 2-5 mark in those outings. The Broncos are led by Coby Karl who is averaging 16.2 ppg, while shooting 43.0 percent (55-for-128) from beyond the arc.

About the WAC

The Western Athletic Conference is a nine-team league – Boise State, Fresno State, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana Tech, Nevada, New Mexico State, San Jose State, Utah State – based out of Englewood, Colo. The WAC currently ranks ninth as a conference in the RPI with Nevada (32), Utah State (67), New Mexico State (84) and Boise State (89) all boasting RPI spots in the top 100. The WAC has sent multiple teams to the NCAA Tournament in 22 of the past 23 seasons, including the last three years. In a combined 81 NCAA appearances by WAC members, they boast a 64-87 (.424) overall record.

Our neighbors have hit a rough patch and are evidently frustrated with UA sporting an RPI of 102. I didn't see them questioning it when Siena had an RPI of 73. Now that they've fallen almost 50-60 points they feel the need to question the same system that had them with an rpi of 73. Some of them are alright over there, but then there is a bunch of them bitter as hell! Keep in mind that we are by far their best win, BY FAR! So we are actually propping up that RPI and yet they still are unhappy!

Great point about us being their best RPI win so far!

As far as Siena goes, their posts on the "RPI Update" are ridiculous. Boisydid: great job on your response! Way to hand it to them and point out that we are their best win! I can't believe that one person said that they are far better than us. Did they forget double overtime in THEIR gym? Had we made a couple free throws more, Siena would be in a lot worse shape RPI-wise. So Siena, you're welcome. Without the home win against us in double overtime, your RPI would be a lot worse.

If Siena thinks they are so much better than us: prove it. Come to the "CU" next year and take us to double overtime in our gym. I promise that our mascot won't be on the baseline laying down taking a nap during overtime (which was also ridiculous, I might add), which is what theirs was doing in overtime. I swear I thought it was napping. Macots aside, however, I find it pretty arrogant of some of their fans to say they are so much better than us after winning 2 (not all 3) of the last 3 against us, with those two wins taking a combined total of 3 overtimes! And note that all 3 games were in THEIR GYM/HOME COURT. And our conference is stronger, and I do think we'd beat Marist. I was not impressed with Marist at all when they played Siena. I was at the game before leaving with 4 mins to go to head uptown to the UAlbany vs. S.B. game. Marist has no inside (or at the least, nothing to write about, though I was impressed with one of their young players inside) game that I could discern on that evening. They do what UNH does (penetrate and kick), though I'd rather deal with Jordan than UNH's Janev (Jordan: I'd like you to meet a friend of ours, Carl Ross).

UM MA 2000 - when reading the Siena board do it for humor. Most of their posters are ridiculously Bias and jealous that we have had limited success.

Just check Siena's schedule they are 2-8 versus sub 200 RPI Teams add to that they played and beat NJIT twice (RPI 327).

They have 4 more 300+ RPI games to play.

The Danes are 6-6 vs sub 200 RPI teams ans have played no 300+ RPI teams.

I would show much more respect for Marist ( Jordan is a premier player and Whittington is a great shooter) - like what has happened often for Siena this season they played a team that was short a key player or players Marist (Stiphen), Niagara (Fisher - 1st game someone else the second game) and last night at Loyola (Tuck). There's a couple of other incidences I forget.

All we can do is play the games - we have no control over how the system works but for the second year in a row we're are the team with the better record and the better RPI (so far) so be it. Those are the facts. One game usually doesnot make a season, it's the body of work that counts.

All I know is that we're on National TV in the Bracketbuster (again) and they are not, that is an indisputable fact!

UM MA 2000 - when reading the Siena board do it for humor. Most of their posters are ridiculously Bias and jealous that we have had limited success.

Just check Siena's schedule they are 2-8 versus sub 200 RPI Teams add to that they played and beat NJIT twice (RPI 327).

They have 4 more 300+ RPI games to play.

The Danes are 6-6 vs sub 200 RPI teams ans have played no 300+ RPI teams.

bosiydid - I would show much more respect for Marist ( Jordan is a premier player and Whittington is a great shooter) - like what has happened often for Siena this season they played a team that was short a key player or players Marist (Stiphen), Niagara (Fisher - 1st game someone else the second game) and last night at Loyola (Tuck). There's a couple of other incidences I forget.

All we can do is play the games - we have no control over how the system works but for the second year in a row we're are the team with the better record and the better RPI (so far) so be it. Those are the facts. One game usually doesnot make a season, it's the body of work that counts.

All I know is that we're on National TV in the Bracketbuster (again) and they are not, that is an indisputable fact!

Patch,

I said nothing about Marist, perhaps you are referring to UA MA 2000. Jared Jordan is on the radar of NBA scouts and will probably be drafter in the second round. I'd rather see Janev then Jordan, he is a special player, especially on out level.

Archived