UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

our bracketbuster foe is.....

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A guy on the Boise State Board is trying to register on here but is having trouble. Is there anybody that can help him.

Sounds like he just needs to be activated by DanePound, no biggy I'm sure he'll get to it when he does. Anyone see this Boise St. game, apparently it was all the rage across the country. I should find a recording of it and watch it.

BroncoBob is in the member list, but his status is 'Validating' even though he joined last night

Unfortunately I turned the game off when OU interecepted for a TD with like a minute left. It was almost 12:30 and way past my bedtime.

Someone earlier mentioned the ability to purchase a college flag. I see a college flag hanging off a lot of decks in the south. There a lot in my neighborhood, mostly UGA, Florida and Auburn. I'd love to get one for UA or god forbid just plain old 'SUNY'. I'd almost prefer SUNY as I think it's more recognizable. Some of my friends have used Yankees or Giants flags even if they don't support those teams just to have a NY flag of some sort. Where are all the entrepreneurs?

Per the blog, Carl Ross weighs in:

"UAlbany’s Ross in his own private Idaho

January 30, 2007 at 6:00 pm by Mark Singelais

At least one UAlbany player is familiar with Boise State, which will play the Great Danes on Feb. 16 in an ESPNU BracketBusters game in Boise, ID.

UAlbany junior guard Carl Ross faced Boise State twice during the 2004-05 season, when he was a freshman at Fresno State.

Ross and Fresno State won at home against Boise State 89-82 but lost in Boise 82-68. Ross played against Boise State star guard Coby Karl, then a sophomore.

“They always draw good crowds,'’ Ross said. “Especially with their football team winning big (over Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl), I definitely know they’re going to draw a good crowd. Coby Karl’s a pretty good player. I basically had to guard him as a freshman. He’s very athletic. It doesn’t seem like he is, but he’s very athletic and he shoots a lot of shots and knocks down a lot of shots. I know we’re going to have to key on him and keep him out of the scoring category. It should be a good game for us. It should be a good environment.'’

Although no announcement has been made, UAlbany-Boise State will probably be shown on ESPNU at 9 p.m. There’s only one other BracketBuster game that Friday night, and that’s the Missouri State-Winthrop game, which is likely slated for ESPN2 at 7 p.m."

At least one UAlbany player is familiar with Boise State, which will play the Great Danes on Feb. 16 in an ESPNU BracketBusters game in Boise, ID.

UAlbany junior guard Carl Ross faced Boise State twice during the 2004-05 season, when he was a freshman at Fresno State.

Ross and Fresno State won at home against Boise State 89-82 but lost in Boise 82-68. Ross played against Boise State star guard Coby Karl, then a sophomore.

“They always draw good crowds,'’ Ross said. “Especially with their football team winning big (over Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl), I definitely know they’re going to draw a good crowd. Coby Karl’s a pretty good player. I basically had to guard him as a freshman. He’s very athletic. It doesn’t seem like he is, but he’s very athletic and he shoots a lot of shots and knocks down a lot of shots. I know we’re going to have to key on him and keep him out of the scoring category. It should be a good game for us. It should be a good environment.'’

Although no announcement has been made, UAlbany-Boise State will probably be shown on ESPNU at 9 p.m. There’s only one other BracketBuster game that Friday night, and that’s the Missouri State-Winthrop game, which is likely slated for ESPN2 at 7 p.m."

How do we know we won't get bumped to ESPN 360? The ESPN schedule has Cornell vs. Princeton on ESPNU at 7pm.

How do we know we won't get bumped to ESPN 360? The ESPN schedule has Cornell vs. Princeton on ESPNU at 7pm.

The post says the 2 bracketbuster Friday games are on ESPN2 at 7 and ESPNU at 9. Why would it matter that ESPNU is also showing a game at 7?

The post says the 2 bracketbuster Friday games are on ESPN2 at 7 and ESPNU at 9. Why would it matter that ESPNU is also showing a game at 7?

Sorry I missed the 9pm start.

Archived