UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

our bracketbuster foe is.....

I think betting Albany with Boise St. giving 12 is a pretty good bet. Lets face it...spreads at this level are more name recognition, conference affiliation, and home-court advantage than anything else. You can chalk at least 5 points up to the home-court advantage for Boise St. Especially with the trip being such a hike for us.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL ...."ESPN's "bracket buster" game is a joke. Albany! Seriously, is this the CBA or something? Do we get points for winning quarters? COME ON!!!" They really are showing us no respect, how sweet would it be to beat them. These guys know nothing about us and are ragging on us like crazy. Should be a good time!

Well if I remember right VCU fans were not happy about having to face us either and didn't give us much respect. That was until we nearly took them to OT last year.

BTW why do people suck at geography? Albany is not a city in NYC, do people in this country know there state capitials?

Well if I remember right VCU fans were not happy about having to face us either and didn't give us much respect. That was until we nearly took them to OT last year.

BTW why do people suck at geography? Albany is not a city in NYC, do people in this country know there state capitials?

I just thought it was comical and perhaps a reflection on Boise State education that this idiot would suggest a city in a city. He either doesn't know that you can't have a city in a city or he doesn't know that NYC stand for New York City. I know Albany is fairly small but surely people in Idaho have heard of the Big Apple, NO?

Geography isn't this just their problem - I work in the NYS tax dept., and somebody filed a non-resident return because 'I don't live in New York State, I live in New York City'.

From an earlier thread on their board, sounds like they might be impressed with our concessions when they come here - or at least familiar with the drill. Frozen pretzels, long lines, no pop poured ahead of time. And no, no tacos at the Taco Bell Arena - so when you hear the location of the game is TBA, that doesn't mean they haven't decided yet.

It is funny but at the same time kind of sad. But I guess out in Idaho you need to be more concerned about farming then you do about geography

Population wise they Boise is a good size city (200,000 souls) and 500,000+ metro area, so I don't think they are backwoods hillbilly types. At least not all of them.

Geography isn't this just their problem - I work in the NYS tax dept., and somebody filed a non-resident return because 'I don't live in New York State, I live in New York City'.

From an earlier thread on their board, sounds like they might be impressed with our concessions when they come here - or at least familiar with the drill. Frozen pretzels, long lines, no pop poured ahead of time. And no, no tacos at the Taco Bell Arena - so when you hear the location of the game is TBA, that doesn't mean they haven't decided yet.

That's classic....LOL!

I recall reading a thread on here about how the Utah fans were asking, following our win out there, "what is SUNY?"; "where is Albany?"

How is that people are not aware of the state capital of one of the most powerful states in the country? It baffles me. I have been aware of Boise and their university for years, and it has nothing to do with sports; rather, third-grade geography. I mean, if you watch Law & Order even, and I'm sure they watch that in Idaho, you often hear references to "up in Albany," re: state offices.

And a 12-to-14-point spread seems a bit large to me, given the relative closeness in RPI, but we are going to their place, so who knows. The Danes, however, always seem to step it up --- i.e., energy levels --- when playing in front of a larger crowd and audience. If it's a 14-point spread, my bet is unquestionably with the Danes.

As I've said in previous posts this past fall, I worked in Boise recently and was very impressed. I think your seeing a city rally around their school. Boise State stuff is everywhere on game day. I really hope we can follow in their foot steps. Their football team is on the map after the Fiesta Bowl and the other sports are following. It is ironic that they are saying "where is Albany" because they were very sensitive about their city and state themselves. They have a lot of California transplants make wise ace comments about Boise. How quickly they forget.

Anyway... Go Danes!

As I've said in previous posts this past fall, I worked in Boise recently and was very impressed. I think your seeing a city rally around their school. Boise State stuff is everywhere on game day. I really hope we can follow in their foot steps. Their football team is on the map after the Fiesta Bowl and the other sports are following. It is ironic that they are saying "where is Albany" because they were very sensitive about their city and state themselves. They have a lot of California transplants make wise ace comments about Boise. How quickly they forget.

Anyway... Go Danes!

I was in Toronto a year or so back during the NHL playoffs and was very impressed with the fans up there. During the playoffs everyone was sporting a flag or something under the back window with the blue leaf. I wish that merchandise like this was available for UA fans. We could roll around the area with Great Danes (little) flags streaking from the side of the car window. It's kind of a clip on thingy that you put in on the window and then close it and it stays. The more we win the more our profile will rise in the area and beyond, tomorrows turnout should be very solid.

LOL ...."ESPN's "bracket buster" game is a joke. Albany! Seriously, is this the CBA or something? Do we get points for winning quarters? COME ON!!!" They really are showing us no respect, how sweet would it be to beat them. These guys know nothing about us and are ragging on us like crazy. Should be a good time!

this is coming from people in Idaho? You got to be kidding me. They're making fun of us like we're from some obscure part of the country. Don't they realize they're in freaking IDAHO. Most people couldn't find Idaho on a map. I hope we take those mormons out.

Archived