UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

our bracketbuster foe is.....

To bad it's not on ESPN2 as I fear it will limit our national exposure to be on ESPNU. I know I won't be able to watch it, will have to make use of my cheap-plastic-crap (WalMart) radio.

If you don't want to drop your crappy cable system for something that carries ESPNU like directv you will have to make hope UA makes the AE championship game so you can watch it on ESPN2 or the NCAA's so you can watch on CBS.

I think most cable systems other than Time Warner carry ESPNU.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To bad it's not on ESPN2 as I fear it will limit our national exposure to be on ESPNU. I know I won't be able to watch it, will have to make use of my cheap-plastic-crap (WalMart) radio.

If you don't want to drop your crappy cable system for something that carries ESPNU like directv you will have to make hope UA makes the AE championship game so you can watch it on ESPN2 or the NCAA's so you can watch on CBS.

I think the tourney will be available on the web, for what it's worth.

Nope, my $iena-bag cable carrier here on LI does not carry it either.

Cox and Adelphia are the only ones that carry it as part of the "gold" sports package.

SSS

Its my experience that every sports bar in the nation carries ESPNU.

I know it's horriable. I have to go to the bar to watch the game. I suppose I'm going to have to have a few 'sodas' while I'm there.

SSS

At least you guys have TW3. If you go 20 minutes south of Albany, you're in Mid-Hudson Cable territory. Thus, no Capital News 9 or TW 3 to play the game. :(

I'm in the Capital District but outside the Time Warner viewing area. I'm actually not even in Mid-Hudson country. I have DirectV with the sports package and get all of the AE games on NESN... the unofficial "Official Network of AE Basketball". Last year I even got to watch the UCLA game on FSN West II. I miss the TV home games on TW3 but I should be at those games anyway. (Replays on-demand would be nice.) The one major down side is the AE quarterfinals that I believe TW3 was the only network that televised last year. I should have been at that one as well... (oh yeah my son was baptized that day) Well I should be at that one this year.

Anyway as a fan I would want TW to pick-up NESN before the U. I'm sure the Yankess, MLB, NHL and NBA have something to do with that...but I am guessing TW will have the U soon enough.

At least you guys have TW3. If you go 20 minutes south of Albany, you're in Mid-Hudson Cable territory. Thus, no Capital News 9 or TW 3 to play the game. :(

I'm in the Capital District but outside the Time Warner viewing area. I'm actually not even in Mid-Hudson country.

If you have Charter, I have pity on you. If you're down Germantown way, I have even more pity on you.

Anyway as a fan I would want TW to pick-up NESN before the U. I'm sure the Yankess, MLB, NHL and NBA have something to do with that...but I am guessing TW will have the U soon enough.

Yankees: No

MLB: YES!!

NHL: Yes but no, some towns on the New York side are in Bruins territory

NBA: NESN doesn't carry, but with the Celtics sucking so bad lately who would really care

Without the pro teams, NESN loses a lot of its attractibility given that the people wanting it for their extensive America East coverage are in the minority. Back when NESN was a pay channel, a good chunk (I think about 1/3) would cancel their subscriptions after the last out of the Red Sox season and not reactivate until Spring Training.

I'd get into an educated discussion about how MLB's team boundaries don't take into account fan loyalties (of which our region is a good example to cite), but that's for another forum.

I used to like Time Warner, but Time Warner slowly seems to be degenerating into what Cablevision is infamously known for being...

[i got an email from a friend who got in contact with Time Warner about the game. According to my source ESPN bracketbuster game will be carried on TW-3.]

Just a quick note with the bad news ..... Today at the game, Charlie Voelker & a guy from Time Warner both confirmed that ESPNU won't be shown on TW3 or elsewhere on Time Warner.... Contractual stuff. Looks like a date Friday nite at the ATSP

Should the Pep Band bring instruments? ;-)

does anyone know whether boise st will offer a webcast of the game similar to what vcu did last year?

It looks like it will indeed be on the Web: http://www.broncosports.com/liveEvents/liv...?DB_OEM_ID=9900

A quick perusal reveals that the minimum subscription is one month for $9.95--a bit higher than I was hoping but I'll probably get it anyway since I don't get the U. :rolleyes: NOTE: They charge you every month after you sign up, so be sure to cancel within a month (unless you get hooked on Boise State athletics!).

Peace out,

S$

does anyone know whether boise st will offer a webcast of the game similar to what vcu did last year?

It looks like it will indeed be on the Web: http://www.broncosports.com/liveEvents/liv...?DB_OEM_ID=9900

A quick perusal reveals that the minimum subscription is one month for $9.95--a bit higher than I was hoping but I'll probably get it anyway since I don't get the U. :rolleyes: NOTE: They charge you every month after you sign up, so be sure to cancel within a month (unless you get hooked on Boise State athletics!).

Peace out,

S$

awsome

thanks

Archived