UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Fans Choice

obv. jamar wilson will win it...

again

Poor call on your part. This is the Fans' choice and it looks like we let Jamar down on this one. He finished 7th out of 10. The finalists are up - LINK.

Of our three finalists, who gets your vote for the 2006-07 America East Men's Basketball Fans' Choice Player of the Year?

Mike Gordon, Binghamton

Chris Holm, Vermont

Mike Trimboli, Vermont

I get to vote for a Catamount or Bearcat? Super.

Just as an aside, assuming people voted in home-town players (as I imagine most did), UVM boosters voted over 10x as often as we did - 1097 votes for the UVM players and Jamar ending up with 100. Even splitting the vote, Catamount fans got both their guys in the finals.

B)-->

QUOTE(Zalman B @ Feb 23 2007, 07:06 PM) 21181[/snapback]
fan choice means nothing..im talking about the real thing obviously wilson deserves it.

No question that Jamar deserves the real thing, but it would have been nice to see him get the support of the fans as well.

You are absolutely correct. I'm also willing to bet that Jamar would give up this honor at the drop of a hat to beat the Catamounts in the AE final.

For what it's worth, I'm getting a little sick of the UVM arrogance over on the AE board. There are a couple Catamounts who feel the need to post the definitive opinions on all AE-related topics. It would be wonderful to see a little more silence from them.

Well the POY award is given out before the conference tournament so it dose not matter how well a team does in those final three games. On another topic I think Lonergan deserves COY as much as I like Brown, to go most likely 15-1 in confrence with a team being anchored by Sophmores and Freshman says a lot.

Jamar and Trimboli are very close in many categories except rebounds(Jamar) and assists(Trimboli). Although the MVP is an individual award, it will probably go to the player who takes his team to the dance.

The POY is named prior to the start of the AE tournament which means next Friday we will know who wins. Post season play does not count so it will be based on regular season only. Jamar does lead the team in many categories but the play of Trimboli, along with Vermonts record (they were not picked in the top 3 in pre-season)may give many votes to Trimboli. You never know, we thought Adelake with his stats may have won last season but Hartfords record cost him votes.

Jamar and Trimboli are very close in many categories except rebounds(Jamar) and assists(Trimboli). Although the MVP is an individual award, it will probably go to the player who takes his team to the dance.

They tend to favor seniors a bit more in these as well. I remember Jamar's second full season he picked up 2nd Team All-AE when most stat categories pointed to him for 1st Team. I believe (?) it was Chaz Carr from Boston that slid into 1st Team, as it was his senior year.

In fact, Jamar leads in both assists (4.93 for 2nd vs. 4.79 for 3rd) and rebounds (6.2 for 5th vs. 3.5 for not in the top 20). His lead in ppg (18.2 for 1st vs. 16.1 for 2nd) doesn't seem that big, but a similar 2ppg spread below Trimboli would put someone all the way down to 10th place in the conference.

OVERALL

Jamar - 18.2 ppg, 6.2rpg, 4.93apg

Trimboli - 16.1ppg, 3.5rpg, 4.79apg

AE PLAY

Jamar - 18.5ppg, 6.4rpg, 4.6apg

Trimboli - 18.3ppg, 3.1rpg, 4.0apg

I'm hoping Jamar gets the nod on the POY. As someone just posted, he's a senior, and the award usually goes to an upperclassman, unless the candidate is head and shoulders above the rest of the competition.

The other factor weighing in Jamar's favor is the impact he has had on the program. When Trimboli and Trapani joined the team, it can be legitimately argued that UVM was merely reloading. Jamar, along with those who graduated last year and Coach Brown, has almost single-handedly built this team. His goal all along was to turn UAlbany into a "basketball school." Five sellouts later he has accomplished much of his mission.

They tend to favor seniors a bit more in these as well. I remember Jamar's second full season he picked up 2nd Team All-AE when most stat categories pointed to him for 1st Team. I believe (?) it was Chaz Carr from Boston that slid into 1st Team, as it was his senior year.

In fact, Jamar leads in both assists (4.93 for 2nd vs. 4.79 for 3rd) and rebounds (6.2 for 5th vs. 3.5 for not in the top 20). His lead in ppg (18.2 for 1st vs. 16.1 for 2nd) doesn't seem that big, but a similar 2ppg spread below Trimboli would put someone all the way down to 10th place in the conference.

OVERALL

Jamar - 18.2 ppg, 6.2rpg, 4.93apg

Trimboli - 16.1ppg, 3.5rpg, 4.79apg

AE PLAY

Jamar - 18.5ppg, 6.4rpg, 4.6apg

Trimboli - 18.3ppg, 3.1rpg, 4.0apg

Next year no doubt Trimboli is the odds on favorite as he should be. Based on those stats provided by GODANESGO how do you not give it to Jamar, he has better number, a senior and his team has had a wonderful season in second place. It's not like UA is in BUNY's shoes record wise.

Speaking of end of season awards, would everyone agree that Jamar will be first team AE, Siggers second team, and Brent third team? Could Lillis sneak into 3rd team ?

I don't see how Siggers isn't a 1st teamer. The guy has been electric this year

Archived