UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The Capitol Region is big enough???

The 2006/2007 has proved that the Region is big enough for two good DI programs.

Congrats to the Great Danes for making it to the Conference Final again next weekend aginst UVM.

Also congrats to Siena for making it to the MAAC Final. Good Luck to the Saints tonight!!!!

Who would have thought 7 years ago or "hell" even three years ago the region would have two 20 game winners in the same year? The only thing better would be to have both in the NCAAs!!!

I know these comments will be recieved with mixed reactions but I know that with the exception of a few odd ball fans most would agree that what is happening know is the best for all the real hoop fans in Albany.

Agree Patch, had a good time yesterday watching the Danes beat BU. Both Siena and Albany have two tough games coming up, but it would be tremendous for the Capital District to have two teams in the NCAA. Especially in a year NYC basketball is down. I’m going off the top of my head but will any NYC team make the NCAA’s this year?

Go Saints!

Go Danes!

The 2006/2007 has proved that the Region is big enough for two good DI programs.

Congrats to the Great Danes for making it to the Conference Final again next weekend aginst UVM.

Also congrats to Siena for making it to the MAAC Final. Good Luck to the Saints tonight!!!!

Who would have thought 7 years ago or "hell" even three years ago the region would have two 20 game winners in the same year? The only thing better would be to have both in the NCAAs!!!

I know these comments will be recieved with mixed reactions but I know that with the exception of a few odd ball fans most would agree that what is happening know is the best for all the real hoop fans in Albany.

very good point patch

i know i sorta mocked siena's chances at the maac tourny earlier. Clearly I was wrong about this team. Twice.

But yes, it would be very nice to have both teams in the Tournament.

I say congrats to Siena, good luck tonight. I know many here won't feel this way but it's undeniable that they've had a pretty solid season. I'll be watching tonight. If by some chance they lose I won't cry but it would be interesting to see them and hopefully us in the NCAA's.

I have tothink 2 teams from Alany making the NCAA's would result in some extra publicity, which would be helpful to both programs.

I am not buying that. You guys who want to root for Siena also, go ahead. To me it is like rooting for the Yankees and the mets, the Islanders and the Rangers, the Yankees and the Red Soxs. I think you just pick one and I am an Albany fan and at times I root against Siena(mostly I like to mock their fans during down time from games) and at other times our games are so big that their games just don't matter. This is one of those times.

Siena is irrelevant. How much less publicity did Albany get last season playing against UConn the way they did because Siena wasn't in the tournament? None. The game stood on its merit. If Albany makes the tourney and wins a game they will get even more publicity than playing well in a loss regardless of whether LCC is in the tournament or not.

I think it's ironic how just like we hate the colors green and gold/yellow (Siena, Vermont), Siena has got to hate the color purple this morning (UAlbany, Niagara). If Siena fans weren't so horrible to us, I might feel differently than I do, but NIAGARA RULES! And Haddix was crying because he just realized he has to go out and find a job with a liberal arts degree that isn't worth anything beyond the 518 area code. (*joke*, I actually feel that Haddix will play pro ball somewhere, perhaps in Europe?). I can't help get on their case. They have fans like saints73 ... .

I think it's ironic how just like we hate the colors green and gold/yellow (Siena, Vermont), Siena has got to hate the color purple this morning (UAlbany, Niagara). If Siena fans weren't so horrible to us, I might feel differently than I do, but NIAGARA RULES! And Haddix was crying because he just realized he has to go out and find a job with a liberal arts degree that isn't worth anything beyond the 518 area code. (*joke*, I actually feel that Haddix will play pro ball somewhere, perhaps in Europe?). I can't help get on their case. They have fans like saints73 ... .

Before Saints73 or one of my favorite maggots, Gorvy comes on and trashes you and the Danes know this:

Haddix, if not playing pro ball, is off to MEDCIAL SCHOOL. He put it off because of the extra year of eligibility for the medical redshirts.

He will do just fine in the world.

Good to hear! I wish the best for him. Of course, I was joking, as I said, and I will be the first to offer him congrats when he gets accepted to medical school, makes it through medical school, and graduates from medical school. Until then, I'm impressed only with his skills as a ballplayer and as a good person, which is also great! I'm not trying to be a hard-nosed here on him specifically, though I guess I am, but if I had a dime for every person I've met who wants to go to law school or medical school, I'd be done paying off my law school loans. Getting through professional school and graduating is a light year away from where he is right now. I've been there, and I think medical school is even tougher because of the residency requirement. But I love to see anyone who has the passion for post-graduate work and then follows through on it --- that's great!!! And I especially love to see athletes dispel the notion that they can't also be academics (many of my classmates, including myself, in L.S. were college athletes (including one LCC hoopster!)), so good for Haddix!! I actually think sports are an inredible tool (especially the rigors of NCAA sports) for doing well in other pursuits in one's life, so I agree with you that he and many Division I athletes at our local schools (*sigh*, including Siena) will do just fine in life! :D

Archived