UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

virginia will lose will lose next round

I have to say that I thought the UA fans that came out were absolutely awesome. It was dissapointing to see the team having a bad day and not really being in it at all. The thing that left a bitter taste in my mouth was alot of the neutral fans, especially the ones wearing Ohio State gear. There was one moment where walking back to the parking lot I had one of these guys yell out "UA, We're Gay" when he saw I was wearing purple and gold. I also had a handful of people sitting around us ask, in an almost ridiculing and mocking fashion, why the team's uniform was Black and Gold and every UA fan was wearing Purple and Gold. It was also painful to hear people bad mouth the team as they were getting dismantled.

First of all, the people who said that were probably drunk.

Second of all, who really care what they say.

Third of all, you need to realize UA, to be honest, has no national respect.

What we have achieved as a program over the last three seasons is beyond our wildest dreams. Let's enjoy it and bask in it. Look forward to next season and the arrival of Raffa, Allen and Ambrose. And the continued development of Gifford and more playing time for Anderson, Knight and Yocum. Brent Wilson and Brian Lillis will lead us. Ross will provide his thing. Iati, Connelly and Covington will play their roles.

We will be OK.

After much aggrivation I missed Philly last year so this was my first NCAA tournament with my team actually in it. Despite the outcome of the game it was a terrific experience. After the final buzzer I was disappointed with the outcome for about five minutes until a couple of Tennesee fans told us they thought Albany fans travelled really well.

I stayed for the second game of the session and I'm not ready to wish ill on UVA fans either. I thought they, Tenessee fans and some of the Ohio State fans were terrific. Some of them remember us from the UConn game last year, others didn't but they were all pretty interested in talking about us. I guess if you put 18,000 college basketball fans from different teams in close proximity to a bunch of bars you're going to have a good time talking about college hoops.

we had tons of people ask us about ualbany on the way out of the arena. People really liked the stories.

Side note...sat for a few minutes next to Brian Lillis sister's father in law...nice guy

I have to say that I thought the UA fans that came out were absolutely awesome. It was dissapointing to see the team having a bad day and not really being in it at all. The thing that left a bitter taste in my mouth was alot of the neutral fans, especially the ones wearing Ohio State gear. There was one moment where walking back to the parking lot I had one of these guys yell out "UA, We're Gay" when he saw I was wearing purple and gold. I also had a handful of people sitting around us ask, in an almost ridiculing and mocking fashion, why the team's uniform was Black and Gold and every UA fan was wearing Purple and Gold. It was also painful to hear people bad mouth the team as they were getting dismantled.

nah, they weren't drunk. Just pricks.

this team in not disciplined .....no clock management when up 20+ points.....

backups for VA are punks..

....game over...

nice shot Baumann

<_<

I disagree, their guards are phenomenal, and would probably eat up most guards in this country. When you can run it down the oppositions throat you don't back off and manage the clock.

WRONG!

nah, they weren't drunk. Just pricks.

Having grown up in Ann Arbor, Michigan, no one has to tell me that people from Ohio State are pricks. :) Along with Michigan State, it's also probably the weakest academic school in the Big Ten.

A friend of mine offered some kind words when OSU beat Michigan last November, stating "well, at least all your players that don't go to the NFL will have jobs when they graduate!" :) :)

being a Michigan fan---It is well known that Ohio State fans, and Ohio State in general has no class.

well, now I know. The Tenn fans, and the UVA fans were great, and Nationwide Arena is absolutely amazing. I also loved the Long Beach State band in the 2nd game. Just some random thoughts.

Archived