UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Jamar drafted by Patroons

Anyone have an idea how much USBL players make? Is it enough to make a living or do you have to work the night shift at Price Chopper to make ends meet.

It's only a two-month, 30-game season in the minors, so it may make your year's car payments. The USDBL pays 12 to $24,000 for a 3-month season, this will pay much less.

Anyone have an idea how much USBL players make? Is it enough to make a living or do you have to work the night shift at Price Chopper to make ends meet.

It's only a two-month, 30-game season in the minors, so it may make your year's car payments. The USDBL pays 12 to $24,000 for a 3-month season, this will pay much less.

I thought the Patroons played in the CBA?

I can't see Jamar playing for the Patroons. He has bigger fish to fry professionally, and will probably end up in Europe making much, much more than whatever the Patroons will be paying.

I don't think he will play for the CBA team. The USBL is a good warm up for pre-draft camps in Orlando. Just like the Portsmouth Inv. it's another opportunity to have scouts see you play.

I can't see Jamar playing for the Patroons. He has bigger fish to fry professionally, and will probably end up in Europe making much, much more than whatever the Patroons will be paying.

Certainly agree, however, Europe is not for everyone. If you can get through the first two years and avoid teams that don't make payroll or close up shop without telling anyone - you can have a lucrative career over there. So many guys, at Jamar's talent level, give up the nomadic lifestyle due to family commitments, culture shock or the previously mentioned cash flow issues.

Plenty of guys are willing to kick around the CBA and make $50k than put up with the European nonsense for a few more dollars. I don't think Jamar has the talent to play in the premiere European leagues where the money is. He can make a nice leaving in Europe, but he's going to have to put up with a lot of nonsense.

Certainly agree, however, Europe is not for everyone. If you can get through the first two years and avoid teams that don't make payroll or close up shop without telling anyone - you can have a lucrative career over there. So many guys, at Jamar's talent level, give up the nomadic lifestyle due to family commitments, culture shock or the previously mentioned cash flow issues.

Plenty of guys are willing to kick around the CBA and make $50k than put up with the European nonsense for a few more dollars. I don't think Jamar has the talent to play in the premiere European leagues where the money is. He can make a nice leaving in Europe, but he's going to have to put up with a lot of nonsense.

Methinks there's a fly in the soup. If you know anything about Jamar, then you know about his adabtability to difficult situations in his life. But, soup seems to be in the soup about our guy Jamar, particularly his talent and dedication to success in life, which right now is making his path in pro ball. This young man is driven and has the intestinal fortitude to make adaptations in his life as well as ignore unwarranted remark's like those that sound like chicken soup. Jamar will get his due BECAUSE of his determination and his proven adabtability and "basketballability".

Archived