UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Eaton to Quinipiac

I don't know what to make of this, Eaton was a major force in recruiting for us. Wow, I've hated this offseason so far, it's one thing after another.

EDIT: I'd like to wish him the best of luck, he's been an intricate part of we have been able to accomplish. We will move on and be OK, coach Brown is here and he is the biggest key to our continued success.

Sorry to hear this...I also would like to wish Coach Eaton good luck and thank him for his efforts.....not sure of the inner workings/dynamics of our coaching staff but as an observer it seems to me that Eric was numero uno recruiter and certainly played a big bench role for us (almost a good cop/bad cop thing between him and Pat Filien bench-wise)...based on the news story his departure sounds like its really a situational thing in that he has an apparent long and close personal relationship with the new Q coach with money not a primary consideration...we'll be fine...with all the coaching turmoil out there I'm sure there are a ton of credible assistants/recruiters out there looking for jobs and available to Coach Brown...but as some one else noted its been a disturbing off season thus far...hopefully, this will be the last domino to fall/impact our program...perhaps all this hoops stuff is somehow metaphysically related to this strange weather and when spring really happens around here (not this week apparently!) things will start to settle down...stay warm, dry and safe all!

Good Luck to Coach Eaton.

Just like Brown had to look at St Bonnies every assistant must look around too. The money at "Q" is suppose to be ridiculous compared what he made in 06/07, otherwise why would he go from being an Associate Head Coach to Second Ass't.?

Coach Eaton did an outstanding job in all areas but lets remember the primary players for our two 20 win seasons were here before Coach Eaton arrived.

The "Q" is getting a great young coach who IMHO is going to someday be a DI Head Coach.

.....not sure of the inner workings/dynamics of our coaching staff but as an observer it seems to me that Eric was numero uno recruiter and certainly played a big bench role for us (almost a good cop/bad cop thing between him and Pat Filien bench-wise)...based on the news story his departure sounds like its really a situational thing in that he has an apparent long and close personal relationship with the new Q coach with money not a primary consideration...

Money was definitely a major factor. Q's head and assts. are getting way more $.

Coach Brown will do what is best for this program. He is an extremely smart man who understands the importance of having a staff that works together and has the same philosophy/beliefs. One suggestion is that Coach Brown should inquire into the availability of Ted Hotaling. I know that he started his high school career at Ichabod Crane and then moved on to one of the private schools in Albany (CBA or LaSalle). I believe that he went to UAlbany as well and is now an assistant at Eastern Kentucky. He is listed as one of the up and coming assistant coaches at the Mid/Low major schools.

"Coach Brown should inquire into the availability of Ted Hotaling. I know that he started his high school career at Ichabod Crane and then moved on to one of the private schools in Albany (CBA or LaSalle). I believe that he went to UAlbany as well and is now an assistant at Eastern Kentucky. He is listed as one of the up and coming assistant coaches at the Mid/Low major schools.

Ted was indeed a Great Dane & a great contributor to some of the late Doc Sauers' teams. I'm glad to see he is doing well.

I'm sorry to see Coach Eaton go as well. From the story on the TU site it sounds like Moore and Eaton have known each other for a long time so there may have been more to it than salary.

Wow, I've hated this offseason so far, it's one thing after another.

The more offseasons we go through the more it seems these offseasons are the rule rather than the exception. Stability is pretty rare and we've been lucky to have it the last couple of years (Thanks again Coach Brown.) I think last offseason might have been the only one we've ever had since the transition that didn't include an assistant coaching change or a player transfer. It seems like it's always something in flux.

The only constant are the people in the stands.

Ted was indeed a Great Dane & a great contributor to some of the late Doc Sauers' teams. I'm glad to see he is doing well.

Just to avoid any possible misinterpretation, I think the word "late" refers to the one of the "last" teams Doc Sauers coached. When I first read the sentence, my first thought was that the "late" Doc Sauers had passed away. I just want to avoid any possible problems here.

From the local reports their may not be an opening on Coach Brown's staff.

Why do we have a desire to over speculate.

IMHO......

1. Friel is definitely deserving of a step up, he seemingly has paid his dues and his father was a life long hoops coach and a DI Head Coach, so I would imagine Friel has real good pedigree.

2. Kenny Dags would make a very good operations guy.

There's probably alot of guys with connections who would want the job.

Bottom line will be how Coach Brown feels about the guys around him now.

Archived