UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I know its mid summer and aside from the Raffa situation I figure this might be a good time to debate what chances we have in our OOC games.

Bucknell (L 55-65) First game in college for half the team, going against a good Bucknell team on the road.

CCSU (L 66-72) First game jitters gone the team plays a little better but still falls a little short.

Columbia (W 70-55) J.W. and J.S. in the building sell out at the Q team puts on a shooting display getting their first win of the year.

Lehigh (W 65-60) Team lets up a little but pulls off a close one.

S.H. (W 70-60) After beating us the past two years Brown focuses the team and they win the day.

Siena (W 80-60) Siena does not take us seriously we make them pay in the last year of our contract with them :)

Delaware (W 65-60) Delware remembers the loss from last season, but we have enough to win the day.

St. Bon (L 65-75) Just a hostile enviornment, Bonn fans let Brown have it all night.

St. Fran (W 70-65) We take St. Francis to lightly, but pull off a victory at the end and rebound from the Bon loss.

Duke (L 60-80) Cameroon Indoor Stadium, would be happy to just have it under 30.

Boise State (L 55-70) Students are gone and its before X-Mass, another VCU.

Iowa State (L 60-70) Iowa Connection has a big night but not enough.

So in the end of OOC a 6-6 record going into confrence play.

WOW, you're way ahead of me!!!!!!

I can't figure who is going to play meaningful minutes much less how we're going to do.

If I knew which players were playing it would make it alot easier.

Maybe before we start discussing Ws & Ls maybe we should debate who will start or play major minutes.

Who will start in the backcourt?

Who will start at the 5?

Who is our best rebounder?

Who is our small forward this year?

Who will be our leading scorer and who will be our go to guy with the shot clock running down?

If I can't answere these (and I can't) - how could I predict success or failure?

There are 6 new players, at least some of them will have to contribute out of the gate and will be getting meaningful minutes. I haven't seen any of them play so I have no idea what type of players they are, or what to expect. If we got out of this OOC with a 6-6 record I'd be happy. IMO this is coach Browns most difficult coaching challange this year, he loses allot of leadership with Jamar and Jason gone and has to integrate so many new faces. No reason to think he's not up to the task, but it might be a bit rough in the early going. For me, this is a reloading year, and I'm looking for us to be the class of the AE the year after this. If it happens sooner I won't mind :rolleyes:

b9j, thanks for starting a topic. It's been real slow over here lately.

Just looking at CHN's top 144 and they already have three of our OOC opponents in their countdown. Sacred Heart, Iowa State and Bucknell are all there and I expect Boise State, Siena and Duke all will be as well. I forgot Corey Hassan transferred to Sacred Heart, they're picking them to win the NEC this year.

I agree with Patch there's a lot of questions probably even more than he listed. I still think we'll be in the mix this year despite the fact that there will be a lot of prognostications about how far we'll fall.

I know its mid summer and aside from the Raffa situation I figure this might be a good time to debate what chances we have in our OOC games.

Bucknell (L 55-65) First game in college for half the team, going against a good Bucknell team on the road.

CCSU (L 66-72) First game jitters gone the team plays a little better but still falls a little short.

Columbia (W 70-55) J.W. and J.S. in the building sell out at the Q team puts on a shooting display getting their first win of the year.

Lehigh (W 65-60) Team lets up a little but pulls off a close one.

S.H. (W 70-60) After beating us the past two years Brown focuses the team and they win the day.

Siena (W 80-60) Siena does not take us seriously we make them pay in the last year of our contract with them :)

Delaware (W 65-60) Delware remembers the loss from last season, but we have enough to win the day.

St. Bon (L 65-75) Just a hostile enviornment, Bonn fans let Brown have it all night.

St. Fran (W 70-65) We take St. Francis to lightly, but pull off a victory at the end and rebound from the Bon loss.

Duke (L 60-80) Cameroon Indoor Stadium, would be happy to just have it under 30.

Boise State (L 55-70) Students are gone and its before X-Mass, another VCU.

Iowa State (L 60-70) Iowa Connection has a big night but not enough.

So in the end of OOC a 6-6 record going into confrence play.

All the prevois posters make good points on this thread. I agree that is way to early to be making predictions for basketball when we haven't reach footballl season yet. In additon, points about how long the new players take to contribute are valid .

But I will say this, I think your reasons for the Siena score are off base. I think Siena coaches and players are a lot smarter than their delusional fan base to take UA lightly. You have to be a moron to take a team that has been better than you overall for the last 3 seasons and that you barely beat on your home court 2 straight years lightly. I also think some of the reasons you give will not be the reason whether UA is sucessful or not in a particular game.

I think how the players fill bigger roles will play a bigger factor into the success of the team. I am expecting big contributions this year from the Seniors especially Brian Lillis. I would like to see him shoot just a little bit more this season to keep the defense "honest". In addition , I would like to see bigger contributions from Gifford and Connolly. We will see what happens, but the stated goal is to contend for an NCAA berth each year. In order to do that each year a team needs returning players to take on a bigger role to offset the guys who graduated(even if one player leaving is the best player in UA history) and the new players to fill roles.

Bob87, I was trying to bring a little life to the board during a slow time. The Siena game I agree with u, they would be nuts to take us lightly. I agree with alot of what you say. My predictions are like NFL mock drafts after the superbowl.

Bob87, I was trying to bring a little life to the board during a slow time. The Siena game I agree with u, they would be nuts to take us lightly. I agree with alot of what you say. My predictions are like NFL mock drafts after the superbowl.

B9j2j6s

Understood. I respect what you are trying to do, but I am still primarily in baseball mode at least until we get the complete schedule. It was nice to get the OOC games scheduled early this year.

To share my own view, I think that the LCC game this year will be a dogfight (as always), with tough defense. I would expect them to use half-court traps and to pressure the perimeter (perhaps even some 2-3 zone?) to try to take advantage of what could be a young backcourt. I felt that we were better than LCC, overall, down low last year and rebounded better as well, so I hope that continues this year with our experienced and returning frontcourt players (and the fact that Haddix graduated).

Archived