UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Jamar Wilson Belgiun Update

Jamar made his European Regular Season debut this past weekend. He nailed down 18 pts, shooting 64% from the field, with five rebounds and two assists. The 18 points was a team high.

Verviers-Pepinster lost the game however

In game two of the season, Jamar leads all scorers with 20 points on 5-of-13 shooting (1-for-33 from 3) and 9-of-12 FT, but VOO Verviers-Pepinster falls again, 82-74.

Jamar played 31 minutes and also chipped in team-highs of 4 assists and 3 steals, against 4 TO. He also recorded one defensive board and 5 fouls (not sure if it's 5 or 6 to foul out).

There's a stat called "Rating" that Jamar has led the team in for both games, but I don't know what it is or how it is calculated. Anyone know?

Well Jamar is avg 23ppg which leads the league.

His team got their 1st win (1-2) 98-89, 5 guys were in double figures led by Jamar's 31 he was 10-17 from the floor including 0-4 from three. He also went 11-13 from the FT line.

I guess he's starting to get comfortable and take over a little.

I hope this works a clip of Jamar's last home game it looks like he's back at UA with his acrobatic style winning over the fans - Jamar is #12

I can't interpet it but it looks good for him.

Copy or click on this link it should work

http://www.televesdre.eu/site/index.php?id...amp;id_menu=115

Pretty cool...and nice crowd as well. Good for Jamar. BTW...must be getting paid a nice wage; Anyone notice the hunks of rock on his ears?

I hope this works a clip of Jamar's last home game it looks like he's back at UA with his acrobatic style winning over the fans - Jamar is #12

I can't interpet it but it looks good for him.

Copy or click on this link it should work

http://www.televesdre.eu/site/index.php?id...amp;id_menu=115

Pretty cool...and nice crowd as well. Good for Jamar. BTW...must be getting paid a nice wage; Anyone notice the hunks of rock on his ears?

I'd really be interested in knowing what the average salary is for the league he's in. I'd like to get some Pepinster gear to wear around town as well.

• 4 weeks later...

After 7 rounds of league Play Jamar's team is in 6th at 3-4. They recently lost 84-83 and Jamar had 34pts.

He currently leads the league in scoring at 20.9ppg and is 5th in assists with 3.57apg.

The Europeans have a rating index for their players I don't know exactly how it works but for what it's worth Jamar has the 3rd highest Index which is good.

I believe his index would be sky high but we know that Jamar does have a propensity to turn the ball over which kills his index. That's just jamar being Jamar!!!!!

After 7 rounds of league Play Jamar's team is in 6th at 3-4. They recently lost 84-83 and Jamar had 34pts.

He currently leads the league in scoring at 20.9ppg and is 5th in assists with 3.57apg.

The Europeans have a rating index for their players I don't know exactly how it works but for what it's worth Jamar has the 3rd highest Index which is good.

I believe his index would be sky high but we know that Jamar does have a propensity to turn the ball over which kills his index. That's just jamar being Jamar!!!!!

I don't think Jamar is going to be in Belgium for long if he continues playing like this. What are the top leagues in Europe? I would assume Spain and Italy are up there.

• 3 weeks later...

In Belgium they have just completed theit 9th round og Games.

MVP of round 9 is Verviers-Pepinster's Jamar Wilson (185-G-84, college: Albany) who scored 31 pts and handed out 3 assists, he made 3 of 3 3pt shots and 10 for 12 ft's. Second time in 3 weeks that Wilson get the MVP award. - from Euro Basket

The team is currently 5-4

Jamar has been MVP of the week 2 of the past 3 weeks.

In his last game he went for 31 points in an OT win.

He currently leads the league in scoring at 20.8 ppg.

Jamar leads his team to victory again 62-52.

They're presently 6-4 and tied for 4th place

Jamar scored 24 on 9 of 11 shooting including 2 of 3 from 3. He also was 4 of 5 ftom the foul line.

Jamar currently leads the league in scoring at 21.1 ppg, is 7th in assists at 3.1 apg and is 3rd in the league in Index (which supposedly represents your level of efficiency, using pts, asst, reb, st, TOs etc.)

I guess he starting to build a nice rep in Belgium.

Archived