UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

It's finally here....

Does anyone who won't be there have any questions for the coach's Q&A after the practice?

I'll be on my way back from Manhattan, so I won't be able to attend, but I'd be curious as to what Coach's preseason votes (as to rankings, predictions, etc.) were for the teams in the America East. Said differently, perhaps just the Coach's thoughts on who the strongest teams will be this year.

The TU isn't always so bad. :unsure:

And there are days when Siena deserves the front page of the paper, not just the sports section.

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...date=10/12/2007

Although the headline is weak.

What does this have to do with UA basketball? There are bad apples everywhere be it at UA or Siena. It wasn't pleasant for us to read that our football players were convicted of rape why poke fun at something like this. Debating the many delusional views they have about their confrence, our team, AE etc. is cool with me but there is no need IMO to stoop to the level of some of their posters.

Just my opinion though.

Perhaps I shouldn't be one to offer my opinion regarding this, everyone knows I mix it up with them often enough. When I started to follow UA sports and College Basketball a few years back I probably would have been all over this, pocking fun etc. But I've come to the realization personally that this type of stuff is usually cyclical sooner or later you'll be the one on your heals. Siena fans ragging on Coach Brown for the recent transfers only to turn around and have a player of their own leave a program. It's cyclical, people are all the same and unfortunately there are bad apples everywhere.

Enough said from me; I think I've made my point. Now I'll shut up!

The TU isn't always so bad. :unsure:

And there are days when Siena deserves the front page of the paper, not just the sports section.

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...date=10/12/2007

Although the headline is weak.

What does this have to do with UA basketball? There are bad apples everywhere be it at UA or Siena. It wasn't pleasant for us to read that our football players were convicted of rape why poke fun at something like this. Debating the many delusional views they have about their confrence, our team, AE etc. is cool with me but there is no need IMO to stoop to the level of some of their posters.

Just my opinion though.

Perhaps, I shouldn't have posted this here and perhaps I deviated too far form the original post.

But I agree with danefans above post about the TU sports coverage on this thread "Only OK when it comes to basketball. Better to have that than nothing I guess." in response to the "TU isn't so bad" post. Obviously Siena gets preferential coverage by the TU, even though it is not usually justified by the newsworthy of the event. Today was one of those days the event justified the coverage. And even that coverage was biased in my opinion. Can you imagine if a UA prof had stolen . I don't think the headline would be to pray for him.

Just my 2 cents

Archived