UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany - Bucknell

Refreshing to read on the Bucknell Board that someone else is concerned about matching up with the size of Albany instead of all those years where it was the other way around. They had a scrimmage over the weekend and started three guards 6-1,6-1,6-3. They will have a 6-11 center to contend with though.

Refreshing to read on the Bucknell Board that someone else is concerned about matching up with the size of Albany instead of all those years where it was the other way around. They had a scrimmage over the weekend and started three guards 6-1,6-1,6-3. They will have a 6-11 center to contend with though.

I might be at the game this weekend.

Anyone from this Forum going to the game this weekend?

From the Bucknell website: "The Bucknell men's basketball team opens its 2007-08 season this Saturday night at Sojka Pavilion against Albany, and a limited number of tickets still remain for the 7 p.m. contest."

Of those heading out to the game, is anyone staying overnight in Lewisburg, PA? Anything to do there? I imagine it's somewhat of a college town if nothing else ... .

From the Bucknell website: "The Bucknell men's basketball team opens its 2007-08 season this Saturday night at Sojka Pavilion against Albany, and a limited number of tickets still remain for the 7 p.m. contest."

Of those heading out to the game, is anyone staying overnight in Lewisburg, PA? Anything to do there? I imagine it's somewhat of a college town if nothing else ... .

Absolutely nothing to do. Used to date a girl from there. I mean...NOTHING. Couple of bars.

I'll be there and staying overnight and most likely going to see Seton Hall in the new arena on Sunday.

For those of us in remote locations without much to do - what are our internet options for the Bucknell game? Radio via internet only? Anyone have a link? Different than last year? Any information will be helpful. My entire Saturday night is riding on this.

You think its better to buy a ticket off the internet, or just wait to buy one at the box office on game day? I don't want to drive all the way down there to find that its been sold out.

http://www.sportsjuice.com/broadcaster2.as...-QVoZI6UaHbM%3d

It appears that the game will be available on the web. Not sure what it may cost though.

I was just on the site and it says that it is five dollars for a one day pass.

It looks like I will be watching the game that way, unless someone knows of a place that is carrying the game (ATSB, perhaps?!?!)

Any thoughts on the game tomorrow? Predictions? It's so hard to get a feel for this first game because both teams appear to have many new players. Sounds like, however, that Bucknell is a tough place to go and win a game. I think I read that they have won 26 of their last 30 at home, or something like that.

Hopefully we can neutralize their big man down low (is it the same much-talked-about big-man player from last year?) and stay with their quick guards. If we can play tough D and rebound (naturally), I think we'll do alright. Last year's game was a dogfight offensively, as I think it was something like 55 or 54 to 49. It wouldn't suprise me if both offenses tomorrow struggle as they look to gel.

But, hey, wasn't that second-half comeback last year against Bucknell pretty sweet? And I believe we made our big push while Jamar was in the locker room with his cramps. I noticed that we did a lot of double teaming in the post last year for that game. We really did a great job at neutralizing their star center.

I would imagine that the teams will be tired by the end of the game tomorrow, given that it's the first game of the year, so hopefully their shots will go flat with their tired legs, and we can pull one out at the end via our off-season conditioning, etc., by rebounding strong in the stretch and hitting some key shots with rested or well conditioned legs.

I'm not sure what to make of this game.....I'm a bit apprehensive as I don't know what exactly we are capable of. I guess all I'm looking for is for us to play hard, compete every time down the court and if that results in a W then I'll be very happy. Otherwise I hope our guys learn from their mistakes (there probably will be at least a few) and continue to grow as a team. If we happen to lose (as much as it pains me to say that), they sky will not be falling.

Personally, I'm preparing myself for a bumpy ride at least early on. There are some huge changes not only in the physical makeup of this team but also psychological.

Archived