UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA vs. Bucknell

B)-->

QUOTE(Zalman B @ Nov 10 2007, 07:48 PM) 27344[/snapback]
Were having a hard time getting the shots to go down, but it is the first game. What exactly happened with Turley and the T? I logged into the broadcast just after the tip This Bucknell announcer is just terrible.

He dunked during the layup drill (or during shoot-around warm-ups) while the refs were on the floor. Automatic technical foul.

I have followed NCAA hoop since I was a kid and have never heard of that rule. Wow!. Anyone else ever see it happen?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember the team almost every game last year doing some dunks...i will agree i never heard of it before

http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2004/200...tball_rules.pdf

Rule 10, Section 3. See Article 12.

"Art. 12. (Men) Dunking or attempting to dunk a dead ball before or during

the game or during any intermission until jurisdiction of the officials has

ended. This applies to all squad members."

Always thought it was a rule (why?), but thought it must have changed as teams always dunk in warm ups. Must have something to do with which set of warmups and if the refs are there.

If the refs are there - that's the key. Once they come out, you're not supposed to dunk any more.

Archived