UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA vs. Bucknell

Brett Gifford's mom told me, after the VT game, that he knows there are things he needs to do to be good at this level.

Giff-- Followed through.

Completely different player...lovin it.

I really like the way Giff is playing. Seems like a big improvement on his frosh year(not to say he didn't have some real nice moments last year)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
agreed

That being said, I told Lillis' mom and dad how much I loved the kid...not just for hoops...but because of the way he (and the others) conduct themselves.

If Lillis keeps this up...I may have to get Haggy to make some shirts up....

Well it suxs we lost but there were a lot of positives from this game. Lillis can step up and be a scorer, Gifford has improved a lot; Iati could be a strong second option. Martin could evolve into somthing special.

Wilson and Connelly needs to step up in the next game. Suxs but as Brown said "its an OOC game." Not the start you want but it wasn't terrible we were leading with less than 2 minutes to go. Lets see how the team plays on Wednesday.

Brent having a very very poor game was the difference. Tough place to play but we need more from a seasoned veteran like Brent.

Regardless....in encouraged by what I saw/heard. Very difficult place to play...we held our composure after a rough start and then again being down by nine. We will learn from this game, this is how growth happens in these kinds of adverse situations. Certainly nothing to hang our head about.

lets not forget...this is Bucknell. A very good mid-major school (very well known). I am not going to blame the refs, but they did not let these two teams play in the end. At the same time, some calls went in Bucknell's favor. But I am not going to blame the refs for the loss. Strong game. Remember, this is the 1st game situation this team has played. Like Coach B said, we hurt ourselves, but it is something that can be fixed.

Archived