UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

danefan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I go back to asking where the best burger is in Albany?

One of the posters mentioned a diner some time ago (I still haven't gone), but I am craving a phenomenal burger, and I do not know where to turn....

Cottage Diner

I used to love the burgers at that burger joint near the entrance to the TUC ... too bad it closed recently.

How's this for an idea: Haggy has been discussing the DEC night at the SEFCU. Anyone here ever give thought to a Big Purple Fans Night at the SEFCU? Great way to promote this Forum (assuming the school would want to associate itself with us ... lol).

I have always loved the food at Across the Street Pub. While I haven't tried a burger there, their cajun chicken sandwich is AWESOME!

Where's our resident graphic designer?

How about "Big Purple Fans" on the front and "Support the Stadium" on the back.

I'd pay $15 for it.

Anybody know why the www.bigpurplefans.com doesn't work anymore? We'd need to get that back up if we want to have a shirt saying bigpurplefans.com on it.

I used to love the burgers at that burger joint near the entrance to the TUC ... too bad it closed recently.

Bentley's (the place you were thinking of) shot itself when it decided to get a liquor license and changed from a nice little burger joint fueled on state workers by day and the TUC/entertainment crowd by night to being another bar with burgers. It was a great place while it lasted, it shouldn't have tried to be like everyone else because it had a very good concept (and food) going in.

I have always loved the food at Across the Street Pub. While I haven't tried a burger there, their cajun chicken sandwich is AWESOME!

I second this, and nobody can go wrong with their wings (especially on Wednesdays) and their cheddar fries. The former make very good leftovers and I usually order more than I need for that purpose.

Best Wings in the Capital Region hands down:

Tequila Chipotle wings ordered extra crispy from the Ale House on River Street in Troylet.

Probably the worst neighborhood you'll find in the whole Capital Region, but a really cool "hole-in-the-wall" bar with the best freakin wings ever. So worth taking your life into your hands. I definitely employ the buddy system when walking from the parking lot to the bar.

I miss the hell out of them living down here in NJ where all wings taste the same....crappy.

Best Wings in the Capital Region hands down:

Tequila Chipotle wings ordered extra crispy from the Ale House on River Street in Troylet.

Danefan, I hit the archive this evening and found your post singing the praises of Dan's Diner.

I don't think I ever did get a burger there, but I will do so soon.

Anyone here ever give thought to a Big Purple Fans Night at the SEFCU? Great way to promote this Forum (assuming the school would want to associate itself with us ... lol).

One major obstacle to that is that most members are already season ticket holders (and UA never did give the DEC its shout-out for organizing something for Columbia).

As for the shirts ideas, throw something together on Powerpoint (or some other presentation or graphical design software platform), save it as a .gif or .jpeg, and contact the boys at printfection.com.

I searched the internet for better deals, but they have the best.

One caveat: Printing on only one side of the shirt will be markedly more economical.

That said, not a bad idea...

Anyone here ever give thought to a Big Purple Fans Night at the SEFCU? Great way to promote this Forum (assuming the school would want to associate itself with us ... lol).

I'm not sure the school would want to associate itself with us, at least they haven't in the past which I understand. I did enter in negotiations last year to get the court in the Old Gym renamed the "Big Purple Fans Arena." We're still working on that deal and some board members offered contributions.

The shirt idea is a good one and I've considered it before. The shirts have to be purple though, don't you think?

Thanks for the reminder Danefan about the domain name. I have to fix that soon, I keep getting distracted with posting and whatnot.

Archived