UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Duke pregame

Prediction: 98 - 71 Duke over UAlbany - I think we will get our fair share of points late when their 2nd team is in.

I believe in miracles though. Ever since Rutgers/Louisville football game last season, yeah, I believe.

*For those of you who don't know, I'm a big Rutgers football fan, have season tickets, and I live in NJ. Only reason I am a Albany fan is because my sister went there, played tennis there, and was friends with a couple guys on the team, so they were real cool to know.*

My wife went to Rutgers so I root for them too :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prediction: 98 - 71 Duke over UAlbany - I think we will get our fair share of points late when their 2nd team is in.

I believe in miracles though. Ever since Rutgers/Louisville football game last season, yeah, I believe.

*For those of you who don't know, I'm a big Rutgers football fan, have season tickets, and I live in NJ. Only reason I am a Albany fan is because my sister went there, played tennis there, and was friends with a couple guys on the team, so they were real cool to know.*

I've watched a few Duke blow outs this year, but I didn't see much of the "2nd team" in any of them.

Current information from TheSpread.com:

UAlbany +29.0

Over/Under 140.5 (It looks like people have been betting UA and the under pretty heavily, resulting in declines in both measures.)

Interesting fact I found: In the past ten years Duke is 178-153 against the spread (over 30 games a year), but UA is 6-2 lifetime.

This will only be the 9th game with a point spread for UA in history....

three things I like while watching...defense is playing very good on the inside (however, getting killed from the outside, but I think that has a lot to do with Duke's talent), the rebounding is amazing and Ambrose looks very good.

this is just Duke...I am sorry, but they are the #1 team in the nation, and that is before Albany stepped on the floor. I don't care what the rankings say. Our defense is just not built to stop that kind of offense. Add the talent Duke has, this is what you get. 27 pts from 3-point range. There is one clear thing I am seeing that can be the downfall of this team...turnovers! This team hurts themselves more then the other team.

Let me just say that Ambrose is showing is value. This kid will be a starter by midseason. One positive is rebounding. They are doing very well on the inside.

Let me just say also that Duke is giving Albany opportunities, but we are having serious issues finishing. Can't be too upset considering we shot 42 pct in the first half.

Archived