UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

TU at it again

danes05

i'm w/ you danes 05 ... disappointing piece from the TU ... to print insulting replies from unnamed respondents is unprofessional ... ask Marc Parry/TU (518-454-5047, mparry@timesunion.com) if the TU would print a blasphemous slogan from an anonymous source if the topic concerned another area college <_<

Maybe he was one of the mediocre faculty members he was pointing at...

After all, he spent over 30 years at the University. Must be a disgruntled employee, seeing that he dedicated most of his life to the University. He must have been fired for sleeping in his office too much, in his old age. If he is slandering the institution, it must mean that what he really feels is that he has low self worth. He must have low self esteem and can't imagine that a University employing such a bum as himself, could be of any quality.

Seeing that he has blinders on, and will only see what he wants to see... or what he last saw over a decade ago... he couldn't possibly contemplate that a decade later, the University has changed dramatically.

All schools implement such strategy as what UAlbany is doing. We have been known for being a teachers college for 160+ years. It is time to boast what we are all about now in the 21st century.

Obviously, he did not have the privelege of meeting people like Kermit or McElroy.... individuals with pride and dedication, making dramatic changes to this University.

Maybe he was one of the mediocre faculty members he was pointing at...

After all, he spent over 30 years at the University. Must be a disgruntled employee, seeing that he dedicated most of his life to the University. He must have been fired for sleeping in his office too much, in his old age. If he is slandering such an institution, it must mean that what he really feels is that he had low self esteem and couldn't imagine a University employee such a bum, could be of any quality.

Seeing that he has blinders on, and will only see what he wants to see... or what he last saw over a decade ago... he couldn't possibly contemplate that a decade later, the University has changed dramatically.

All schools implement such strategy as what UAlbany is doing. We have been known for being a teachers college for 160+ years. It is time to boast what we are all about now in the 21st century.

Obviously, he did not have the privilege of meeting people like Kermit or McElroy.... individuals with pride and dedication, making dramatic changes to this University.

Well said uofalbany!

I have never seen a university that bad mouths itself so much. The students falsely claim their attending a "party school". These closet cases should spend a weekend at Michigan State to see what a party school looks like. The professors bad mouth the academics meanwhile Kiplinger's ranks us 66th in the country. I'm confident we're just barely outside the top 120 of US News. Stop all the public complaining in the TU! We're just scaring off great students and faculty. It's a vicious cycle.

Parry publishes one reader's reply:

Now the reader mail. Some of you were upset by an item in last week's column that listed reader-suggested slogans for the University at Albany, some mocking.

One irate reader even bothered to toss this columnist's alma mater into his response:

"Your recent Campus Notebook was a slap in the face to the University at Albany," wrote Vincent Vines. "Publishing anonymous insults hardly seems like professional journalism. Perhaps your next article should highlight all the great things the university has to offer. ... If I was to gauge the academic quality of your alma mater by your journalistic abilities, I would feel very sorry for anyone with a degree from Michigan."

Parry publishes one reader's reply:

Now the reader mail. Some of you were upset by an item in last week's column that listed reader-suggested slogans for the University at Albany, some mocking.

One irate reader even bothered to toss this columnist's alma mater into his response:

"Your recent Campus Notebook was a slap in the face to the University at Albany," wrote Vincent Vines. "Publishing anonymous insults hardly seems like professional journalism. Perhaps your next article should highlight all the great things the university has to offer. ... If I was to gauge the academic quality of your alma mater by your journalistic abilities, I would feel very sorry for anyone with a degree from Michigan."

Nice! Get after 'em Vince!

Archived