UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Update on Coach Brown's website

"Recruiting is going very well! Coach O’Donnell is in Iowa as I am typing this update. We are recruiting three student-athletes in the 2009 class that all play for the Martin Brothers AAU Program. This is the same program that Brent Wilson and Brian Lillis played for on the AAU circuit. We are hoping to get all three. The three young men that we signed as part of our 2008 recruiting class are all playing very good basketball this year. All three love the game and spend a lot of time in the gym! We are still recruiting for next year as we are always trying to improve our program. We could use a guy that can consistently score in the low post. That is an area where we need some improvement. We need a guy that can consistently score or get fouled in the paint!"

Nate Hutcheson would be one of the guys we have heard Albany is recruiting who plays for Martin Brothers. I wonder who the other 2 guys are.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leave it to coach Brown to send on a wild goose chase. I think by the end of the day we'll track down the other two :P . I was more curious as to the last part of his blog. With three players on scholarship graduating and three already signed, where is the extra scholarship coming from for a post player? HMMMMM!

Story in the Des Moines Register about two Iowa players we're recruiting. Zach Hutcheson and Zach Bohannon, both are juniors. Players named Hutcheson have a history already of doing well at Albany. If they sign them both I'm guessing Haggy will have a "Zach Attack!" shirt printed in the near future.

Oh, he most certainly knows it. I also think he deservedly took some blame for Saturday. I think that some fans have thought he has deflected blame this season. While we most certainly didn't lose because of matchups only, I do think that we let Hartford play as opposed to making them come after us.

Who knows, maybe we would have lost with that strategy as well...but good to see he feels he should have tried something different.

And no, I am not talking about Ambrose coming in for Iati on the press-- Ambrose is not capable of dealing with that right now.

Oh, he most certainly knows it. I also think he deservedly took some blame for Saturday. I think that some fans have thought he has deflected blame this season. While we most certainly didn't lose because of matchups only, I do think that we let Hartford play as opposed to making them come after us.

Who knows, maybe we would have lost with that strategy as well...but good to see he feels he should have tried something different.

And no, I am not talking about Ambrose coming in for Iati on the press-- Ambrose is not capable of dealing with that right now.

And Iati was? Obviously Tim has his TO issues and is not the answer against the press, but somebody, anybody. Isn't Moores a PG?

I was glad to see Coach take some blame. I understand he is "coaching" with his comments some times, but it comes off bad. No biggie just something I've taken note of. Hey, put a mic in front of me for more than 3 minutes, I'll say something that isn't perfect.

My biggest issue with the press was we don't have a big man comfortable dribbling even a couple of times. Connelly (who I think is capable of doing it) would catch the ball near mid court and nobody within 20 feet and freeze. I understand he doesn't want to dribble just over half court and get trapped, but it looked to me that he could have take three of four dribbles before a trap could have got there. He would have been 12-15 feet past mid court. This was a role that Levi Levine filled perfectly a couple of years ago. Capable (non primary) ball handler that makes good decisions.

And Iati was? Obviously Tim has his TO issues and is not the answer against the press, but somebody, anybody. Isn't Moores a PG?

I was glad to see Coach take some blame. I understand he is "coaching" with his comments some times, but it comes off bad. No biggie just something I've taken note of. Hey, put a mic in front of me for more than 3 minutes, I'll say something that isn't perfect.

My biggest issue with the press was we don't have a big man comfortable dribbling even a couple of times. Connelly (who I think is capable of doing it) would catch the ball near mid court and nobody within 20 feet and freeze. I understand he doesn't want to dribble just over half court and get trapped, but it looked to me that he could have take three of four dribbles before a trap could have got there. He would have been 12-15 feet past mid court. This was a role that Levi Levine filled perfectly a couple of years ago. Capable (non primary) ball handler that makes good decisions.

I dont think Iati was...but I would rather have a Senior than a red-shirt frosh in that situation if both of them aren't going to be able to do something we need done. The intangibles. As for Moores, seems like a good kid...but I have been up close and personal for three games he has played in...and he is WAY too tentative. In fact, I sat in the front row against Hartford at Hartford...and you can see his eyes were like a deer in headlights.

Don't worry-- Help is on the way with Anthony Raffa. He is going to make some head banging mistakes...but that kid has a hot head streak about him and he is not scared of beating a press or anyone you put on him. If Lindfors gets minutes (and I think he will get plenty) that kid has no problem putting it on the floor.

Remember, even with Jamar and Jason...we have been a terrible team at beating the press. With Martin and Raffa (and a more experienced Ambrose) I have no doubt that changes next year.

Agreed about Levine.

I dont think Iati was...but I would rather have a Senior than a red-shirt frosh in that situation if both of them aren't going to be able to do something we need done. The intangibles. As for Moores, seems like a good kid...but I have been up close and personal for three games he has played in...and he is WAY too tentative. In fact, I sat in the front row against Hartford at Hartford...and you can see his eyes were like a deer in headlights.

Don't worry-- Help is on the way with Anthony Raffa. He is going to make some head banging mistakes...but that kid has a hot head streak about him and he is not scared of beating a press or anyone you put on him. If Lindfors gets minutes (and I think he will get plenty) that kid has no problem putting it on the floor.

Remember, even with Jamar and Jason...we have been a terrible team at beating the press. With Martin and Raffa (and a more experienced Ambrose) I have no doubt that changes next year.

Agreed about Levine.

I hear you on the Senior vs. Freshman, but I would like to see the Freshman (and not just Ambrose and not just this year) get a little more rope. In small school HS (so no real comparison) my team could break the press in practice every time. In the game, we'd give high fives for getting it over half court. If Tim's going to be part of this, let's see some mistakes. I'm concerned Raffa gets the same treatment. And without seeing him play in person, I think everyone feels he will make some mistakes.

I also think last years team was much better at handling the press, they had thier moments but in general teams stayed away from pressing us. It may have been that once in a while they really made teams pay for putting it on. This team (and especially Saturday) just doesn't look to make teams pay for the pressure.

Barring a huge mistake...I think Raffa will have a bigger leash. His level of team he is playing for and against far surpasses that of Our Savior.

Ambrose reminds me of when I entered law school. I thought I was prepared for it by college...but clearly it was a major shock to the system as far as preperation went. It took me longer than I thought it would...but it worked out just fine.

Raffa...has been prepared.

Leave it to coach Brown to send on a wild goose chase. I think by the end of the day we'll track down the other two :P . I was more curious as to the last part of his blog. With three players on scholarship graduating and three already signed, where is the extra scholarship coming from for a post player? HMMMMM!

I'm guessing there will be at least one player transferring out after this year.

Archived