UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

WE HIT THE JACKPOT?! Spitzer has confirmed involvement in PROSTITUTION RING!

Dane96

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By the way how does Mayor Bloomberg feel about UA football?

Not sure, however we have some VERY VERY powerful alums in INFLUENTIAL POSITIONS at big time banks/brokerage houses; Goldman Sachs, for example.

I am sure the Bloomberg connection with such people, via his former life, could help.

Watching that video, you gotta feel for this guy. True, he hasn't even come close to living up to the expectations but on a personal level, this must be very difficult to deal with. Especially for his kids and wife. To bad his once promising political career has come to this.

As the Good Book says....."pride comes before the fall" :(

I know we don't normally talk off-UA-topics here, but seriously why can't we find just good people to enter the upper echilon of politics in NY?

Do you need to be a screw-up to be a NY politician or does the position screw you up?

I mean come on.

how does this work if he resigns? Who takes over and do they serve out the rest of his term or are new elections supposed to be held?

Lt. Gov. David Patterson will take over (now rumored to be happening by 7pm tonight - at least according to the NYC CBS affiliate). He will serve out the remainder of the term and apparently no one steps into the Lt. Gov. shoes.

how does this work if he resigns? Who takes over and do they serve out the rest of his term or are new elections supposed to be held?

Lt. Gov. Paterson becomes Governor. Joe Bruno effectively assumes the duties of the Lt. Gov. position, but not through any official change of position/title.

There's a good overview of the legality of it here: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dailypoli...n-question.html

this has got to get done. With this, the Bruno Scandal, the illegal immigrants driving permit failure and the report about him holding funds for Republican districts that are his enemy...lets not also forget that Wall Street is now going to be calling for his head also.

GoDanesGo, your lady must have had a crazy day. Doesn't she work at the assembly?

haggy,

I've been hearing the same 7pm talk...I believe word of that came through the Speaker's Office from the Governor's Office.

I don't even know how it happens, but word travels fast through those buildings.

Anyhow, since this isn't an assassination, they would probably hold a special election down the road, and the Lt. Gov. would not serve out the remainder of the term, right?

haggy,

I've been hearing the same 7pm talk...I believe word of that came through the Speaker's Office from the Governor's Office.

I don't even know how it happens, but word travels fast through those buildings.

Anyhow, since this isn't an assassination, they would probably hold a special election down the road, and the Lt. Gov. would not serve out the remainder of the term, right?

As far as I understand it, the Lt. Gov will serve the remainder of the term. The duties of the Lt. Gov to act as governor come into play (same for the President) when the sitting governor cannot serve anymore due to convication (impeachment), resignation, illness or death. That's why a running mate should have more importance then it does in the governorship races.

Archived