UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SIENA UPSETS VANDY!

Wow! I thought they would beat them but I didn't think they'd control the game the way they did.

If you couldn't see the names on the jerseys and were told somebody out on the floor was the SEC Player of the Year you'd have sworn it was Hasbrouck. The frightening thing for Vandy was that Franklin and Ubiles didn't score the way they're capable of although Ubiles did a great job on Foster.

My bracket picking skills are up there with Bosiy's although I did pick Siena in this game (sorry Bob.) There was nothing flukey about this, they handled Vandy. I wouldn't pick against them versus either one of those teams.

My bracket picking skills are up there with Bosiy's although I did pick Siena in this game (sorry Bob.) There was nothing flukey about this, they handled Vandy. I wouldn't pick against them versus either one of those teams.

My bracket is now done. I didn't see the game. I didn't see any basketball yet today as I am getting back from lacrosse and hockey today. But it sound like there were no positives in that game

Congrats to the saints. Really dominated the game. Nice to see Tay shooting well. Really nice kid.

Thanks guys. You are all class.

My dream someday - Siena (12) vs. UAlbany (13) in the second round for the right to go to the Sweet 16 :-)

Go Saints!!!

Congrats to our cross town friends...and good luck vs Villanova...not to sound negative but a couple of "fair and balanced" observations...if I were a Vandy fan I'd be sick...those kids looked totally and completely unprepared to play...almost like sleepwalking...after all the talk in the national press about Siena being a viable upset candidate I could not imagine a coach allowing a team to come out that flat and unprepared...and..to Siena's credit they took full and complete advantage....after seeing this game I can not imagine how Vandy coulda ever beaten Tennessee!! While I truly wish Siena well moving forward I suspect that they will now soon face the sad but unfortunate reality of today's game for mid-majors (just as we almost did last year and as we most surely will again....)....this win cues McCaffery up for "promotion"...and his time in Loudonville is limited, if not basically over upon conclusion of the tourney...my guess is that about 90 secs after this run ends his cell starts ringing from Providence and several other upper tier locales.. ..Providence might be a good fit for him (Catholic, smaller and similar situation personell-wise to Siena 3 yrs back)...bottom line if he goes...he's certainly earned it...

It certainly looks like things are lining up nicely for Siena. 'Nova taking out Clemson was the second best thing that could have happened to them. A sweet 16 run is very likely at this point. You gotta tip your hat to them, but as OrangeDane said....I can't believe how TERRIBLE Vandy looked. If I was a Vandy fan I'd be sad, shocked, pissed, angry, borderline suicidal. They didn't get beat by a team from a lower confrence....they got pasted/tattooed in historic fashion.

I'm not sure if Fran leaves....one win will get him calls from bigger schools but not big enough to risk what he's got at Siena. Next season, he will probably have a better team with most of his kids coming back. If he wins one more tho and gets to the sweet 16 he could become a hot commodity. Regardless, you gotta give the guy all the credit in the world. He rebuilt that wreck of a program in very short order.

Congrats to the saints. Really dominated the game. Nice to see Tay shooting well. Really nice kid.

Thanks guys. You are all class.

My dream someday - Siena (12) vs. UAlbany (13) in the second round for the right to go to the Sweet 16 :-)

Go Saints!!!

MTS, I respect your opinion here even if at times I think you are over the top like when you compared Siena to the Yankees here last off season. Who knows 5 more wins and you are on your way to catching the Yankees(1 vs 26). Well on a serious note, congrats and Siena could use more fans like you.

As far as Albany, we have accomplished a lot in our first decade of D1 and not just in basketball. I look forward to the next decade.

Archived