UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The Cross-Town Rivalry Thread

haggyland

2008 Head to Head: UA 9, Siena 2, UA Groundskeepers 1

March 3rd, Women's Lacrosse, UA 18, Siena 8

March 27th, Softball, UA 2, Siena 1

March 27th, Softball, UA 3, Siena 2

April 2nd, Men's Lacrosse, UA 13, Siena 6

April 16th, Women's Tennis, UA 6, Siena 1

April 29th, Softball, UA 7, Siena 3 (Game moved to UA due to poor field conditions at Siena; Second game cancelled.)

September 9th, Women's Soccer, Siena 4, UA 0

September 21st, Men's Soccer, UA 3, Siena 0

October 7th, Field Hockey, UA 5, Siena 0

October 15th, Women's Volleyball, UA 25, 25, 25, Siena 20, 14, 20 (7th straight over their rival.)

December 6th, Men's Basketball, Siena 71, UA 64

Go Danes!

If we care to chart 2008 head to head competition, Let's not forget about the recent sweep by UAlbany against $iena in softball last week....

I had attempted to choose a relatively arbitrary date to enforce data integrity, but going back to the beginning of the year it looks like:

March 3rd, Women's Lacrosse, UA 18, Siena 8

March 27th, Softball, UA 2, Siena 1

March 27th, Softball, UA 3, Siena 2

April 2nd, Men's Lacrosse, UA 13, Siena 6

It looks like the tally for 2008 so far is:

UA 4, Siena 0

Let me know if there were any missed head-to-head competitions...

• 2 weeks later...
Can we add that Siena has never beaten us in lacrosse?

I doubt that is the only sport that Siena has 0 wins in the d1 series history with UA.

Personally I find most of Siena's athletic department to be a joke. For example this was the year the lacrosse team was going to be improved and they are 1-4 in the lowly maac and may not even qualify for the conference tournament they are hosting.

I doubt that is the only sport that Siena has 0 wins in the d1 series history with UA.

Personally I find most of Siena's athletic department to be a joke. For example this was the year the lacrosse team was going to be improved and they are 1-4 in the lowly maac and may not even qualify for the conference tournament they are hosting.

I have been meaning to ask, how many teams in the maac, go to their men's lacrosse championship tournament?

They aren't hosting the MAC Tourney on our field, are they? Their field is complete, right (though I guess the Tournament games will have to be during the afternoon ... hehe)?

I have been meaning to ask, how many teams in the maac, go to their men's lacrosse championship tournament?

4 and Siena MUST win their next game to stay alive in making the little maac tournament. They have 3 games left in the regular season.

They aren't hosting the MAC Tourney on our field, are they? Their field is complete, right (though I guess the Tournament games will have to be during the afternoon ... hehe)?

No, they are hosting the little maac tournament in Loudonville obviously during the day. Please do not confuse the maac with the MAC that plays football.

In sports where you only have the top four teams in the playoffs it seems like a terrible idea to pre-select the tourney site at the beginning of the year. Almost an invitation to have these sorts of problems. With several of the assocaite lacrosse members near the top of their conference standings it almost looks like they're trying to keep them from hosting.

In sports where you only have the top four teams in the playoffs it seems like a terrible idea to pre-select the tourney site at the beginning of the year. Almost an invitation to have these sorts of problems. With several of the assocaite lacrosse members near the top of their conference standings it almost looks like they're trying to keep them from hosting.

No doubt they would kick the associates out if they won too much, like they did with LeMoyne in baseball, except then they wouldn't have enough teams for the automatic bid. I believe the MAAC is increasing the number of scholarships allowed, two per year, until they're fully funded by 2011. At that point they could try to get Fairfield and Loyola to leave their stronger lacrosse affiliations for their all-sport conference.

Archived