UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

WILL-UMASS???

Just heard Wyland say that Will Brown is interested in the U-Mass job should it be open, and I suspect that that statement comes directly from Will or those close to him given the source....Based on my review of Google news whether or not the UMass job is in fact open seems to be open to question at this time as U Mass appears to be posturing to perhaps counter the OSU offer to keep Ford)...any thoughts on any of this? I know we gotta deal with this whole issue at some point in terms of Will moving on but dealing with it every year is simply not good for the fan base, the players and the program in general (IMHO).

UMass probably won't be in a position to counter.....rumor has it (I think I saw D96 put this out there) that OSU is offering somewhere in the neighborhood of 2mil+. They are heavily subsidized by a wealthy individual. In my perusing of the U-Mass board it looks like there are a bunch of guys they would rather have other then coach Brown.

1- UMASS is not countering. The deal, from my source (which is solid) is around 4mm PER YEAR....YES PER YEAR. It is insane. I have VERY close ties to UMASS and they can't get up to the 750k range...and that would be a MASSIVE stretch if they could. Highly unlikely they can go higher than 500k. Personally, I think the OSU number is INFLATED. I think it is more in the 2mm range...which is still nuts for a guy like FORD.

2- Brown is not getting the UMASS job IMHO.

3- Tony Barbree, Derek Kellogg, Masiello, Tom Moore, and Kevin Willard would be the front-runners. Fran McCaffery and Will Brown are dark-horses.

4-IF WILL WERE OFFERED THAT JOB...I WOULD BE THE FIRST TO E-MAIL HIM and THOSE CLOSE TO HIM and SAY...TAKE IT!!!! I would offer my congratulations and undying respect for a man who has left us in a position NO ONE could fathom a mere few years ago. He has earned that job...and yes, that IS A MAJOR STEP UP and the right job for him to take.

Sadly for Will, I think he is not a front-runner. Happily for us, I would think he is back for another year...and maybe two! UMASS...would be the right fit for him, however.

I agree, the UMASS job would appear to be a great move for Coach if he was offered that position. He would still be pretty much in this area as well, which is a variable insofar as he considers family and geographic considerations.

Brown would probably take the UMass job. Fran wouldn't consider it. And UMass would not be paying his buyout either.

I agree, the UMASS job would appear to be a great move for Coach if he was offered that position. He would still be pretty much in this area as well, which is a variable insofar as he considers family and geographic considerations.

Brown would probably take the UMass job. Fran wouldn't consider it. And UMass would not be paying his buyout either.

Why won't Fran consider it?

Too much of a step up for him?

After all it took him 3 jobs just to get to Siena :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why won't Fran consider it?

Too much of a step up for him?

After all it took him 3 jobs just to get to Siena :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fran has BCS aspirations, that’s why. Siena has sent coaches straight to the ACC and Big East. Albany hasn't.

UMass doesn't pay much more than Siena and Fran has a huge buyout. If I've said it once I've said it a million times, it’s BCS or bust for Fran. Put yourself in Fran’s shoes, why run off a middling A10 job when you hit the jackpot in a year from now with a Big East or ACC job? Fran will be Siena’ coach in 2008-2009, print it!

How about Brown get us a WIN in the NCAA tournament first, before he moves on to another job.

Prove to the world that he can get to the Big Dance without Jamar,

and prove to the world that he can win a NCAA tournament game.

He's certainly intelligent, by consorting with St. Bonaventure, in order to get a Big Raise with UAlbany, immediately after Jamar's career ended. Perfect time to have gotten the Big Raise, before the first season without Jamar.

He's good but how good is he?

MTS--Are you a complete 'tard? Fran makes less than Will right now...it was posted in the Times Union. UMASS pays nearly double...and probably more when they tried to get Travis to stay with the Providence counter.

UMASS could pay probably in the 500-600 range if need be.

Jesus, MTS.

How about Brown get us a WIN in the NCAA tournament first, before he moves on to another job.

Prove to the world that he can get to the Big Dance without Jamar,

and prove to the world that he can win a NCAA tournament game.

He's certainly intelligent, by consorting with St. Bonaventure, in order to get a Big Raise with UAlbany, immediately after Jamar's career ended. Perfect time to have gotten the Big Raise, before the first season without Jamar.

He's good but how good is he?

Fran makes around $350,000 total salary. So UMass would have to pay Fran $700,000 approx to double his salary. Plus, Fran has a $700,000 buyout clause. Fran isn't going to UMass. It's BCS or bust.

MTS,

If he goes he goes if he stays he stays. Why do you feel that you have to run to every forum and dispel every rumor out there? It doesn't matter what anyone on any forums says in the end it will be Fran or Will (if he was considered) deciding.

I learned that lesson after last years St. B talk.....what ever happens, happens!

Now I've learned that about transfers.....apparently this is how the game is played.

Archived