UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

for Siena fans

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they announced the 8th team in the Old Spice tournament will be Georgetown:

http://www.oldspiceclassic.com/field08.html

Thanks for the pick-up. I'll post that on the Siena board.

Any word if the Siena-UA game is officially on for next year? It looks like the series will continue. I heard something about a Dec. 6 date - anyone hear that over at Albany?

Thanks

Any word if the Siena-UA game is officially on for next year? It looks like the series will continue. I heard something about a Dec. 6 date - anyone hear that over at Albany?

Thanks

I heard nothing about the LCC game, but then again that game wasn't important enough to ask anything about.

Thanks

I heard nothing about the LCC game, but then again that game wasn't important enough to ask anything about.

Wow. Remember Albany needs that game A LOT more than the premiere sports team in the Capital Region (Siena) does.

Siena = Yankees

UAlbany = Mets

Thanks

Wow. Remember Albany needs that game more than Siena does.

Siena = Yankees

UAlbany = Mets

MTS,

We've been through this already....go find someone/anyone who can bring 12K people into your cave and then I'll believe you. And if you want to know why people love to hate Siena fans....it's because of arrogant statements like that....Siena=Yankees. Sure it does....in 30 years you made the NCAA's 4 times, winning two games. Sure, winning two games is commendable and 2 more wins then UA has but stop with the stupid Yankee comparisons. You got past the first round 2 times in 30 years......it is what it is, but it hardly makes you the Yankees.

Thanks

Siena = Yankees

UAlbany = Mets

MTS,

We've been through this already....go find someone/anyone who can bring 12K people into your cave and then I'll believe you. And if you want to know why people love to hate Siena fans....it's because of arrogant statements like that....Siena=Yankees. Sure it does....in 30 years you made the NCAA's 4 times, winning two games. Sure, winning two games is commendable and 2 more wins then UA has but stop with the stupid Yankee comparisons.

There's a few BCS schools that certainly could (yeah I know Stanford didn't). They are probably on the east coast. The problem of being an excellent mid-major program is that no BCS teams will have the guts to play us for the foreseeable future at the TUC.

There's a few BCS schools that certainly could (yeah I know Stanford didn't). They are probably on the east coast. The problem of being an excellent mid-major program is that no BCS teams will have the guts to play us for the foreseeable future at the TUC.

So that means there aren't any who will play you here whether you're good OR lousy. So Albany's the only team that will fill the TUC in the forseeable future.

Thanks

Siena = Yankees

UAlbany = Mets

MTS,

We've been through this already....go find someone/anyone who can bring 12K people into your cave and then I'll believe you. And if you want to know why people love to hate Siena fans....it's because of arrogant statements like that....Siena=Yankees. Sure it does....in 30 years you made the NCAA's 4 times, winning two games. Sure, winning two games is commendable and 2 more wins then UA has but stop with the stupid Yankee comparisons.

Even more of a reason to be thankful that we come down and pack your house. You had an eventual Sweet16 team in your building and you managed to draw 6200 people.

I'm obviously not comparing Siena's success to the Yankees’ success (or UAlbany to the Mets for that matter). It's more of an analogy of historical placement. There have been (and will be) years where the Mets will be in the team in New York, ditto for Albany here. However, by far, the Yankees are THE team in New York and Siena is THE team in Albany (and I know Albany is actually in Albany but Siena plays there). Siena is the top dog and will continue to be. That doesn't mean UAlbany won't have their moments when they're the top team (like the Mets were in the 80's).

Stanford drawing 6200 wasn't terrible but it wasn't great. But they are a west coast team. If Siena brings in a good Villanova, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Boston College, etc.. you would have saw at least 8-9K.

Now back to the game this year – is it on Dec. 6 do you know?

I'm obviously not comparing Siena's success to the Yankees’ success (or UAlbany to the Mets for that matter). It's more of an analogy of historical placement. There have been (and will be) years where the Mets will be in the team in New York, ditto for Albany here. However, by far, the Yankees are THE team in New York and Siena is THE team in Albany (and I know Albany is actually in Albany but Siena plays their). Siena is the top dog and will continue to be. That doesn't mean UAlbany won't have their moments when they're the team (like the Mets were in the 80's).

Stanford drawing 6200 wasn't terrible but it wasn't great. But they are a west coast team. If Siena brings in a good Villanova, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Boston College, etc.. you would have saw at least 8-9K.

Now back to the game this year – is it on Dec. 6 do you know?

You are entitled to your opinion on who will be the top dog in the area. It's undeniable that the ceiling for UA is much higher then the one for Siena. We are just getting started while you are just about where you will be as you don't have the resources, the alumni base to compete with a large state institution. UA is aggressive (not as aggressive as some here would like) in elevating the athletic dept. no reason to think they will stop. If/when the football stadium is built and with the potential shakeup of conferences coming down the pike look for UA to make moves to move up. Enjoy your perceived perch on top for a few more years! You only occupy the perch in basketball as we've pretty much beaten you at everything else. As an athletic program, UA has been far superior and will continue to put distance between the two schools as we build up facilities, increase alumni involvement etc. That aggressive mind set will translate into either being a major cog in the AE (elevating the AEC) or hopefully moving up in conference. When/if that happens you will find it even harder to compete.

I like to molest farm animals.

This recent success in men's basketball is about all that Siena's athletic program has to be excited about. Now please take that last bastion of hope and bring it back to your message boards. UA still has a lacrosse tournament to prepare for...

I like to molest farm animals.

This recent success in men's basketball is about all that Siena's athletic program has to be excited about. Now please take that last bastion of hope and bring it back to your message boards. UA still has a lacrosse tournament to prepare for...

We've been hearing for years how Albany is going to surpass Siena. Let's see it happen. Fact is, Albany hasn't won jack without Jamar Wilson. Let's see Albany win a title without the great player. Has Albany ever beaten a BCS school or even a high level mid-major for that matter (high level Atlantic-10, CAA, etc). Albany has a lot to do to surpass Siena. Because you won two American East titles with a great player doesn't make you a great program.

And can Albany ever beat Siena? Hasn't happened in the last three years and I wouldn't hold my breath for the next two games either (assuming they happen).

With your evident lack of intelligence we'll take everything you say with a grain of salt. At present we'll tolerate you just like your fellow $aint fans. They usually laugh at you not with you.

Why is Siena so worried about UA and what it has done or is doing? (insecurity????)

We at UA hardly worry about Siena, we try to focus on UA and what's going on here.

Go back to your site and figure away to continue to cover up the voracious activities of Maggie. Thrown out of the Hofstra game and then thrown out of a press Conference at home but - always innocent ( and she does it all with her children right there). That should be at the top of your and DArg's list, not coming over here with $iena BS.

What did Fran say at the dinner the other night about the Siena-UA game, or couldn't you afford to attend. His statement or lack of may be a true indicator of what's transpiring.

If you did attend - did you sit under a discounted tarped over seat or were you a busboy?

Archived